Craig's Dragon Tattoo Glasses

Comments

• KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    Why does it show me as the original poster in this thread?
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent

You didn't start this?
    Nope, I just answered the question.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff

Strictly speaking, I started the thread. . .however, when I split this off from the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo discussion, yours was the first one that indicated a new topic was beginning. This has been an active thread, though--be proud to take the credit!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:

Strictly speaking, I started the thread. . .however, when I split this off from the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo discussion, yours was the first one that indicated a new topic was beginning. This has been an active thread, though--be proud to take the credit!

Oh, okay. Didn't know it was ever part of another thread. When I originally responded to Napoleon Plural's question, this was it's own thread, not part of another, and there was only the original post.

Just found the original post. It made it's way to the off topic forum but it has no replies at all now. They're all here. With no question. :s
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Anybody identified the tops / cardigans from Dragon Tattoo yet?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Special thanks to Simon Ruzgar for his usual Sherlock-like skills...Special sneak peak and announcement of who provided many of the shirts for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo to Daniel Craig...in addition Craig wears this designer in his personal life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiQXtXr1Hck
    The Mantis wrote:
    Special thanks to Simon Ruzgar for his usual Sherlock-like skills...Special sneak peak and announcement of who provided many of the shirts for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo to Daniel Craig...in addition Craig wears this designer in his personal life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiQXtXr1Hck

This is fantastic! Thanks so much. Still had this movie nonstop on my mind since I saw it.
    Great find!! I guess the hunt is still on for the knitwear! I heard rumor it was a designer called Margiela
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Great find!! I guess the hunt is still on for the knitwear! I heard rumor it was a designer called Margiela

http://yougetastar.com/2012/01/17/ask-ugeta-get-daniel-craigs-blomquist-look/

Here is a snippet about the brands, though I think most have been mentioned here on the threads by now.
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    Cool info. Any ideas on that braided leather belt Craig always wears? Looks like he doesn't button his jeans when he wears it. :))

The D rings make it unique. The closest I've seen is a discontinued Ralph Lauren belt.
    77007 wrote:
    Cool info. Any ideas on that braided leather belt Craig always wears? Looks like he doesn't button his jeans when he wears it. :))

The D rings make it unique. The closest I've seen is a discontinued Ralph Lauren belt.

I have seen Tom Ford version of these
    Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

That's what I was afraid of.
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    It's not TF. Not sure if I can post who made it (as I was not the one who discovered it) but it is at least 3 years old now and impossible to find.
    It's not TF. Not sure if I can post who made it (as I was not the one who discovered it) but it is at least 3 years old now and impossible to find.

Sure they won't mind as long as you credit them!
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    They might if they are still trying to find one 8-)
    edited February 2012

Well, is the person who discovered it on these boards?

I'd love to know the brand just to get familiar with them, even if the belt isn't available.

EDIT: Found out that the leather jacket from the end of the film was by Jonathan A. Logan via filmjackets.com. http://www.jonathanalogan.com/home
    Yup, same jacket seen in Sky High. $1500 custom order.
    sruzgar wrote:
    They might if they are still trying to find one 8-)

OK how about there name so we can ask them!! :)
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Had a Margiela shawl cardy - nothing to do with the film - for a few years.

Good quality stuff and natty design. Expensive. Not TF expensive (it's not made of gold or has diamond buttons) but pricey enough.
    Not sure if anyone cares, but Lisbeth's camera in the movie was an NEX-3 from Sony. The NEX line is very cool and is the current leader of the mirrorless camera class.
    So no real belt info then?

Might try a custom belt maker.
    77007 wrote:
    So no real belt info then?

Might try a custom belt maker.

Well, there is belt info, but it is being kept secret for some reason... X-(
    If its no longer available / produced then why such secrecy?
    edited March 2012
    welshboy78 wrote:
    If its no longer available / produced then why such secrecy?

My guess is that is exactly why there is secrecy. I would just like to know the brand, as I am not personally after that belt, but perhaps the person who knows what belt it is wants an advantage in trying to obtain one via eBay. Basically, withholding the info until they have the item first.

I can't imagine telling us just the brand will lead us all to the exact outdated model, so I really wish someone would just share brand info at least.
    If you're looking for an out of production item and there are ten, two, or even one other person that is/are also searching for the same, it would make no sense to announce what it is. Say one pops up this year on ebay, you'd stand a good chance of missing out because you shared. Do you think one of the other searchers is gonna just let you go ahead and wait their turn?

It most likely wouldn't make a bit of difference if the brand or exact model was announced. Most don't sell belts by the model number so the search terms would be the same either way.

When I put in the time, energy, and sometimes expense to identify these items, be certain that I would find one myself before I announce it. Everyone is free to put in the work for themselves.
    edited March 2012
    If you're looking for an out of production item and there are ten, two, or even one other person that is/are also searching for the same, it would make no sense to announce what it is. Say one pops up this year on ebay, you'd stand a good chance of missing out because you shared. Do you think one of the other searchers is gonna just let you go ahead and wait their turn?

It most likely wouldn't make a bit of difference if the brand or exact model was announced. Most don't sell belts by the model number so the search terms would be the same either way.

When I put in the time, energy, and sometimes expense to identify these items, be certain that I would find one myself before I announce it. Everyone is free to put in the work for themselves.

I am just bitter about it because I am not even after that specific item (but I assume the information holders still wouldn't tell me since I could be some skeevy liar). I of course get the concept, but I just haven't encountered quite this kind of situation where knowledge was teased... I think it would have been best to not say anything at all since there are obviously a lot of interested people that are going to be disheartened when they are held out of the loop after being told the loop exists. (I am sure no trouble was meant when it was mentioned, but considering where it was mentioned, I am not surprised that I am not the only one who would love to know anything about his wardrobe in the film)

I look for plenty of things to the best of my abilities, but the search for this brand turned up dry.
    If you read back, the reason we were told that the belt had been identified was so that everyone wasn't wasting time trying to find a matching Tom Ford belt, not to gloat about having found the maker. I'm sure the member will share the info when the time comes.
    If you read back, the reason we were told that the belt had been identified was so that everyone wasn't wasting time trying to find a matching Tom Ford belt, not to gloat about having found the maker. I'm sure the member will share the info when the time comes.

I got that it wasn't a troublesome comment, but my point is that maybe someone saying, "Nah, it definitely can't be Tom Ford," could avoid the part that adds disclosure of some people knowing the details that are being sought. And with the mention that it is "impossible" to find the exact belt, I think it puts a bit of a long-term lock and key on any inkling of information for those curious.

Obviously, it isn't fun to be kept on the outside when I am enjoying the buzz around the movie right now as its Blu Ray release approaches!

Like I said, I am sure it wasn't said for trouble, but bringing it up has made things a little sticky for us happily consuming the info.
    So, back on topic? Guess what finally arrived...

IMAG0611.jpg

IMAG0612.jpg

I'm very confident that the ones on screen are peridot.