Daniel Craig is a Badass 007

Skyfall has released a first official trailer online, in which Daniel Craig’s Bond appears more grizzled, non-nonsense and generally badass than ever before.

Dealings with the plot itself are restricted to a single question and answer session between Bond and an MI6 psychologist. Giving glib, one-word answers to trigger-words like “agent” and “gun”, 007 is stopped in his tracks by the mention of the word “Skyfall”.

Click for Daniel Craig as badass 007 LINK REMOVED.

Craig is the best Bond, he is powerful on-screen and grabs your attention with every facial expression he makes.

Comments

• CJ007GoldeneyeCJ007Goldeneye LondonPosts: 587MI6 Agent
    Ditto -{
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Yep! Really looking forward to this one!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    Sshoosh, you seem to be here solely to advertise your site. People will be able to see the trailer HERE, so there's no reason to go to yours. I have removed the link to your site, but you're welcome to stay here and discuss Craig's badassedness.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    I have removed the link to your site, but you're welcome to stay here and discuss Craig's badassedness.

snowball and hell come to mind.

love the new word, your cunning lingual abilities really are superbadassedness personified HB -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Sshoosh, you seem to be here solely to advertise your site. People will be able to see the trailer HERE, so there's no reason to go to yours. I have removed the link to your site, but you're welcome to stay here and discuss Craig's badassedness.

Another one post wonder. But yes, Craig does the job. -{
  • sshooshsshoosh Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    DC has a look about him, if you ever crossed him, you may never Live Another Day!

its unfortunate that my link to the remainder of my review was removed :#

at least one new word has came from this post: badassedness
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    sshooshi-called-Craig-fantastic-and-Hardyboy's-badassness...
    even though the sound of it is something quite sarcastic.....
    if you say it loud enough, you'll always sound Fantastic ....
    Super-sshooshi's-Craigs-Fantasic-with-Hardyboy's-Badassness.

hypersuperbadassness, .............................. Word. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I for my part can't find any badness in or about DCs arsse 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Here's a photo to show how to look Badass to frighten anyone who would try and attack you.

daniel_craig_06.jpg
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Not everyone thinks Daniel Craig's Bond is a badass......just bad. In fact, Dr. Tim Stanley has just written James Bond's obituary. He says of Craig (amongst other things), the rot set in when he was cast, Craig was all wrong for the part, he's the Bond for the men's health magazine generation. Oh, and he thinks the trailer looks rubbish.

RIP James Bond: killed by political correctness and an overdose of oestrogen
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100159390/rip-james-bond-killed-by-political-correctness-and-an-overdose-of-oestrogen/
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,675Chief of Staff
    Bondtoys wrote:
    I for my part can't find any badness in or about DCs arsse 8-)

And I take it you have given it a good looking at then ? :))
    YNWA 97
    I am in close touch with Eva Green and she told me :v

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,675Chief of Staff
    You touch Eva Green and you'll find it difficult to hear anything ever again X-( :))
    YNWA 97
    Perhaps Craig has remained good But his ass has gone to the Dark side. :))
    :)) :)) :))

Thunderpussy is in top form today! I guess, that you have had a terrible weekend and must vent a bit.... ;)

• CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    Not everyone thinks Daniel Craig's Bond is a badass......just bad. In fact, Dr. Tim Stanley has just written James Bond's obituary. He says of Craig (amongst other things), the rot set in when he was cast, Craig was all wrong for the part, he's the Bond for the men's health magazine generation. Oh, and he thinks the trailer looks rubbish.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100159390/rip-james-bond-killed-by-political-correctness-and-an-overdose-of-oestrogen/

I hate seeing rubbish like this in the press. It's written by a very young journalist who's resume gives him a good background in covering politics (mainly American) and religious issues. I can't for the life of me figure out why the Telegraph would have given him space for this really shallow piece of fluff. He's probably never even read a Fleming novel.

I don't mind tongue in cheek takes on pop culture, but he seems to be trying to pretend his tongue is not in his cheek. The sad thing is that there will be some readers who will actually believe this point of view. It seems beneath someone that obviously has a very literate and educated background.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    edited May 2012
    Moore Than wrote:

I hate seeing rubbish like this in the press. It's written by a very young journalist who's resume gives him a good background in covering politics (mainly American) and religious issues. I can't for the life of me figure out why the Telegraph would have given him space for this really shallow piece of fluff. He's probably never even read a Fleming novel.

I don't mind tongue in cheek takes on pop culture, but he seems to be trying to pretend his tongue is not in his cheek. The sad thing is that there will be some readers who will actually believe this point of view. It seems beneath someone that obviously has a very literate and educated background.

These sort of articles (or fluff) are usually generated to provoke gossip/debate......or just provoke. Either way they are not to be taken seriously, whether or not the writer appears to have their tongue in cheek. Unfortunately, you are likely correct in saying that some readers will actually believe this point of view. And I also doubt he has even read a Fleming novel.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Bondtoys wrote:

What's your left hand called then? Famke? :o
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:

Young Master Stanley seems to be yearning for a middle-aged, overweight Bond with no energy. Time to recall Brosnan!
    Gala Brand wrote ;
    Young Master Stanley seems to be yearning for a middle-aged, overweight Bond with no energy.

Well if he's Busy. I'd be willing to step up. :))
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,285MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:

Now that was a fun read. Tim Stanley's article was definitely tongue in cheek and more than a little over the top - some passages had me in stitches - but he still touches on a lot of what has alienated many old-time Bond fans. I grew up on Connery and Moore's Bonds (coming into the whole series somewhere between DAF and LALD) so I'm definitely one of those dinosaurs who can empathize with where Stanley's coming from. Times have changed and Bond has to change with them to stay viable - I get that - and if that means fans of the old films leave the bandwagon, so be it. But I also lament the passing of the the sexism, the gadgets, the humor, Bernard Lee's gruff and no-nonsense M, Moneypenny's hopeless flirting and the whole over-the-top joyfulness of the movies from the 60s and 70s - qualities the last couple of films completely lack. I completely understand Stanley's railings against the arrival of political correctness and the femininization (I know that's not a word but I think it gets the point across) of Bond and how people who grew up with Connery and Moore (and even Brosnan to a certain extent) as their Bonds can look at Craig and just not get the appeal at all. I look at the new teaser and I don't see Bond at all, I see a generic action movie starring a homely actor who looks like he just woke up after an all night bender, badly in need of a shave and a bloody mary. I guess that's representative of today's action hero - I don't really know as I'm not the intended audience anymore - but given what I grew up watching, the whole premise has no appeal to me at all.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Rubbish, indeed! I understand that Craig may not be everyone's cup of tea when it comes to 007, but if Stanley's article was meant to be taken seriously (which I don't believe it was), what a bunch of utter nonsense! And you can quote me on that! :v
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    minigeff wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:

Hey, one more word from you young man, and I'll call it Jeffrey! B-)

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    TFF :))
    Bondtoys wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:

Bondtoys wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:

promise? ;%
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    ... in your dreams X-(

I'd only do this that if we I see you face to face, Jeffrey could have a good slap on Jeff :v

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    He goes overboard - but Craig is a sign of changing times. You just can't cast and overweight, ageing actor anymore, Rog looks even older in the role these days because we're used to most leading men being in their 30s.

It seems to following the Batman template, grim, heavy stuff.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    edited May 2012
    I am an old timer and a relic of the 60's myself and saw all the Connery films as a youngster in a proper movie theater packed with people delirious with the Bondmania of the time. However, Bond films done that way today would be looked upon as "parody" and not much more than a more violent Austin Powers film trying to be taken a bit more seriously. IMO the Moore films had pretty much slipped into parody and because of the less than stellar scripts and to a lesser extent an aging actor portraying Bond, the Brosnan films were getting pretty stale.

Consequently, change was needed and I think for the most part the change has been successful. Hopefully, a good balance can be struck in "Skyfall". However for those expecting or hoping for a quip filled lark.....ain't gonna happen. At least from what little we've seen so far we are getting a violent thriller with possibly a dose of "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" intrigue thrown in. My hope is what "Mendes, et el" have termed as " lighter" (I wonder if they were being a bit tongue in cheek) is actually some well written dark humor.

My biggest concern at this point in time re "Skyfall" is what type of score we will get from David Newman.
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    I think Newman will do a really good job. Not a John Barry pastiche, but something new but in keeping. He is the least of our worries...having said that things seem to be shaping up well, so still optimistic.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    zaphod wrote:
    I think Newman will do a really good job. Not a John Barry pastiche, but something new but in keeping. He is the least of our worries...having said that things seem to be shaping up well, so still optimistic.

I just hope the score is memorable. IMO, alot of the Barry scores were better than the films. I'm hoping for more than just background music. To me, a great score is an integral part of the Bond canon. EON also needs to loosen up a bit and allow more of the Bond theme to be integrated but in a more subtle way.