Anthony Sinclair Conduit Cut Teaser And Reveal

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Yes, nothing like Sinclair! Moreover, from what I understand Tom Ford suits are actually made by Ermenegildo Zegna. It's apparently Ford's style, but made by Zegna. However, Matt, you probably know more about it than I do, so if I have mis-spoken please feel free to correct me.

DG

You're completely right. There are indeed some Italian aspects to Ford's suits, like the breast pocket shape, but overall Ford's inspiration is English. Even though Zegna makes the suits, they don't look or feel like Zegna suits. And if Bond is wearing a factory-made suit, the Italians do that best. I've never seen an English factory-made suit that could compare to Tom Ford's suits. For a mass-produced suit with an English look (though not like any of the English suits Bond has previously worn) and top quality, few other than Tom Ford can provide. I think if the Skyfall suits fit better, that would be a very appropriate look for Bond.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • FrankNorrisFrankNorris Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Hi all, I just wanted to see if anyone else has had an Anthony Sinclair suit made and if so, any photographs please?

A friend of mine received his jacket a while back, and I have to say it is stunning. (A shame he won't let me post pics though).
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    A fair few here do
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Today I eceived my Anthony Sinclair suit, cocktail cuff shirt and knit tie today and very impressed. I took up the special offer for the conduit sharkskin / shirt / tie / pocket square deal.

I did enquire about upgrading to the Goldfinger suit however as I'm overseas, David Mason suggested I experiment with sizing first and can send it back it if I want to upgrade or change sizes.

My plan was to upgrade as I own a TF sharkskin already (Skyfall PTS variation) however this one is more comfy and I'm tempted to keep and order the Goldfinger separately (decisions, decisions)

Anyhow I'm very happy regardless which decision I take!
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Today I eceived my Anthony Sinclair suit, cocktail cuff shirt and knit tie today and very impressed. I took up the special offer for the conduit sharkskin / shirt / tie / pocket square deal.

I did enquire about upgrading to the Goldfinger suit however as I'm overseas, David Mason suggested I experiment with sizing first and can send it back it if I want to upgrade or change sizes.

My plan was to upgrade as I own a TF sharkskin already (Skyfall PTS variation) however this one is more comfy and I'm tempted to keep and order the Goldfinger separately (decisions, decisions)

Anyhow I'm very happy regardless which decision I take!

Congrats! Can't wait to see!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    Pics Welshie! Pics!
    I wasn't going to bother with pics yet as it arrived badly creased with the long distance shipping but here it is:

Sinclair.jpeg
    Looks good mate.
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Congrats!

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Should have my video review up by this Sunday. Really happy with the suit and accouterments.
  • Polar Bear 0007Polar Bear 0007 CanadaPosts: 129MI6 Agent
    Wow, the suit looks fantastic.

I've been thinking about ordering one, but I'm too afraid of Canadian customs and what they'd charge with duties, taxes, ect. The Canadian dollar is really taking a beating right now and I think the price would be crazy after exchange, duties, taxes,ect.....
    This is where we leave you Mr. Bond. (Pilot, Apollo Airlines)
    Nice one. Looks awesome even with the creases -{
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    I got the waistcoat with mine to complete the look
    I think if I upgrade to the GF I will grab the waistcoat.
    Wow, the suit looks fantastic.

I've been thinking about ordering one, but I'm too afraid of Canadian customs and what they'd charge with duties, taxes, ect. The Canadian dollar is really taking a beating right now and I think the price would be crazy after exchange, duties, taxes,ect.....

Wouldn't the special offer and no VAT offset that (offer now expired though)
    welshboy78 wrote:

The GF suit is a different pattern. Does Anthony Sinclair sell the GF glen check suit ready-to-wear?
    edited July 2015
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

The GF suit is a different pattern. Does Anthony Sinclair sell the GF glen check suit ready-to-wear?

No but as I'm in no position for fittings (due to my location) he told me to try the sharkskin to see if happy with sizing etc and he could make one based on my ready to wear size if required in the Goldfinger fabric

Im actually in London soon for a very limited time so have mentioned this to him to see what he can do maybe with regards to measuring up more accurately however I have not even him much notice so we will see if convenient
  • Polar Bear 0007Polar Bear 0007 CanadaPosts: 129MI6 Agent
    Welshboy78- I don't think it would matter (no VAT). Canada customs put SMERSH to shame in tracking down anything they deem taxable. 8-)

The suit looks great, enjoy.......
    This is where we leave you Mr. Bond. (Pilot, Apollo Airlines)
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

No but as I'm in no position for fittings (due to my location) he told me to try the sharkskin to see if happy with sizing etc and he could make one based on my ready to wear size if required in the Goldfinger fabric

Im actually in London soon for a very limited time so have mentioned this to him to see what he can do maybe with regards to measuring up more accurately however I have not even him much notice so we will see if convenient

That's interesting. Can you show us a picture of how the suit looks on you? Would you go for pleated trousers on the Goldfinger suit?
    Matt S wrote:
    That's interesting. Can you show us a picture of how the suit looks on you? Would you go for pleated trousers on the Goldfinger suit?

I will try and get some done as I need some advice anyhow. I think I prob would go for pleated (much SA as poss)
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

I will try and get some done as I need some advice anyhow. I think I prob would go for pleated (much SA as poss)

If you need advice on fit, post pictures from the front, back and side, standing with your arms relaxed at the side in a natural pose.
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

I've bought from David before, he's an absolute gentleman and very accommodating. I am sure he can fit you in to measure in London! It was a great experience getting fitted at his place, would highly recommend if time permits.

I bought the sharkskin promotion as well with my measurements taken in London, but unfortunately am out of the country right now so I haven't had the chance to try it.
  • martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    Very nice looking suit indeed. I am a little confused with the sizing options on the website, so might give them a call at suit ordering time.
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Here are some pics of me in my Anthony Sinclair suit, with the cocktail cuff shirt, tie and pocket square. All part of the recent offer.

David offered to make any adjustments after I've worn it a few times to let the suit settle. Think I will get the sleeves shortened a fraction as I like to show more cuff.

What do you guys think?

BTW I went for the 42 long slim fit Conduit. The 42 regular in slim fit was just too short in the body.

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Very nice mate , cracking value for money.
    Always pleasing to see you don't have to go down the Tf way to get the look :007)
    well done
    kadd wrote:
    Here are some pics of me in my Anthony Sinclair suit, with the cocktail cuff shirt, tie and pocket square. All part of the recent offer.

David offered to make any adjustments after I've worn it a few times to let the suit settle. Think I will get the sleeves shortened a fraction as I like to show more cuff.

What do you guys think?

BTW I went for the 42 long slim fit Conduit. The 42 regular in slim fit was just too short in the body.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    007 reporting for duty
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,588Chief of Staff
    THAT is a great looking suit -{

I agree with you about shortening the sleeves....enjoy wearing it -{
    YNWA 97
  • genericguygenericguy Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    Looks great kadd, agree it definitely needs slightly shorter sleeves.
    It also looks very slightly wide in the shoulder to me too.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    That looks great!! :007)
    Looks great - agree on sleeves, I think I have same problem with mine
    kadd wrote:

What do you guys think?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks great! You'll definitely need the sleeves shortened, at least an inch. The alterations can be quite costly since the suit is made with working buttons on the cuffs (one of the worst ideas for a ready-to-wear suit) because that means the sleeves must be shortened from the shoulders. And most tailors can't do that very easily or very well. You'll loose the great shoulder expression that the suit is made with because you won't have as much fullness in the sleevehead when the sleeves are shortened. If the regular fit 42R is longer than the slim fit 42R, I'd recommend exchanging for that and having the waist taken in. Or maybe even go down to a 40R in regular fit.