Actors Who'd Make Great Bond Villains

BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
Whilst watching TOMORROW NEVER DIES recently I couldn't help thinking how I'd like to have seen Malcolm McDowell or Terence Stamp play Elliot Carver. Jonathan Pryce did okay but lacked a certain menace for me which these two actors can do in their sleep. With this in mind I wonder if there are any actors you'd like to have seen giving Bond a run for his money? Here goes with a quick twenty. The first five alas can't as they're no longer with us:-

Klaus Kinski
Oliver Reed
Lee Van Cleef
Anthony Quinn
James Mason
Maximilian Schell
Jean Reno
Gerard Depardieu
Christoph Waltz
John Malkovich
Karel Roden
Christian Berkel
Thomas Kretschmann
Stellan Skarsgard
Laurence Fishburne
Michael Wincott
Peter Sarsgaard
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Willem Dafoe
Idris Elba

Comments

• GordoLeiterGordoLeiter Posts: 462MI6 Agent
    Arnold Swarzenegger, hands down.
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    Seriously?
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    Alan Rickman
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    Rowan Atkinson, actually.

The actor himself has a rather suave, disdainful manner, somewhat aloof in his black polo. He would be a good villain against Craig.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I always though Laurence Fishburne would of made a great Villain, even a modern Blofeld.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Impressive pick! You never cease to amaze me, TP! -{
    I always though Laurence Fishburne would of made a great Villain, even a modern Blofeld.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Seriously?

Yeah, if he were still in his prime i could se him as a re-imagined Goldfinger in the Craig era
  • Agent007jamestAgent007jamest usaPosts: 163MI6 Agent

I agree totally. He handled the action scenes well in The Matrix trilogy and when he offers Neo the red or blue pill in the first film he comes across ominous but cool at the same time.
  • Agent007jamestAgent007jamest usaPosts: 163MI6 Agent
    This is a little off topic but after viewing the dark knight trilogy Morgan Freeman would have been a great Q if he was British. Though it might have been too close to his Lucious Fox character. But who knows if the Nolan rumors pan out and we know how he loves to use the same actors from past films anything could happen.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Y'know, I've always thought an interesting villain could be built around Peter Dinklage. Of course, that he's a dwarf would automatically give him the "difference" in physicality Fleming so often gave his villains; but his clear blue eyes and deep voice give him additional authority. Plus, he's a good actor.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Terence Stamp as the new Blofeld. Be still my heart. B-) B-)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Figure this would be the appropriate thread to share this, here's my dream castings for some of the classic villan roles if they ever decide to bring them back for Craigs era :

Doctor No - Chou Yun Fat or Ken Watanabe
    Grant - Igor Jijikine
    Earnest Blofeld - Jeremy Irons or Alan Rickman
    Jaws - Dwayne Johnson
    Nick Nack - Peter Dinklage
    Hugo Drax - Roger Moore (come on Bond Vs Bond ;) )
    Goldfinger - Arnold Swarzenegger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    If they ever filmed " Brokenclaw" I think Dwayne Johnson would fit the Bill :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    "Please excuse me Mr. Bond, I'll be back."

YES!!!!! :))
    chrisisall wrote:
    "Excuse me Mr. Bond, I'll be back."

YES!!!!! :))

Lmao.

I really think Arnold could pull off a modern version of Goldfinger even at his current age, with the way they are re-imaging the characters now it wouldnt be a big deal. A muscle bound Goldfinger would be kinda freaky now that i think about it :))

Bond : "You expect me to talk?"
    Goldfinger : "NO YOU FOOL! I WANT YOU DIIIIEEEEE!!!!! GAAAAAAAH!" *Goldfinger breaks Bond's neck, credits roll*
    Interesting choice! And Drinkage is such a good actor that I could see it working. In fact, once the story got rolling, provided it's a good one, I can imagine forgetting completely that Drinkage is a dwarf (unless the movie included a ludicrous scene of hand-to-hand combat between Bond and the villain!)
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Y'know, I've always thought an interesting villain could be built around Peter Dinklage. Of course, that he's a dwarf would automatically give him the "difference" in physicality Fleming so often gave his villains; but his clear blue eyes and deep voice give him additional authority. Plus, he's a good actor.
    Bond : "You expect me to talk?"
    Goldfinger : "NO YOU FOOL! I WANT YOU DIIIIEEEEE!!!!! GAAAAAAAH!" *Goldfinger breaks Bond's neck, credits roll*
    "This fence surrounding the depository, as Mr Strap reminded us, is electrified. It will be nuked!"
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Very intresting picks in this thread!

Laurence Fishburne, I could really see that work! Great choice Thunderpussy!
    Come to think of it, I could see him in lots of different role's in the Bond Universe. Besides him being a villian, he would also be capable of pulling of a great allie... But he would have also pulled of the small role that Micheal Madsen did in DAD. (I believe his name was Falcon.)

I always thought Marlon Brando would have made an excellent villian back in the day! (Say the Connery or early Moore era)
    A more recent pick would be Andy Garcia... And (going really out of the box here:) Johnny Depp! - Seems like the weirdest casting ever, and it will never happen surely, but I think he could pull off a lot of creative villians...
    A more unknown pick: Alessandro Gassman.

Also, am I the only one who feels that Daniel Craig would have actually done a good job as Alec Trevelyan? :))
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage

Also, am I the only one who feels that Daniel Craig would have actually done a good job as Alec Trevelyan? :))
    He would have been equally as great as Sean.
    I think the biggest dream for most of us is a past Bond actor playing a villian in a future Bond movie.
    I think the biggest dream for most of us is a past Bond actor playing a villian in a future Bond movie.
    But wouldn't that break the wall? I mean it's GREAT seeing Dalton chew up the scenery in CHUCK, but would it be a bit.... distracting... in a new Bond movie? ?:)

Inmagine Connery as a villian v.s Craig's Bond! :))
    Although this would be very controversial. I don't think a lot of fans would appreciate seeing Connery get killed by Craig...

More picks:
    - Samuel Jackson
    - Frank Vincent
    - Tom Sizamore
    - Steve Buscemi

Although this would be very controversial. I don't think a lot of fans would appreciate seeing Connery get killed by Craig...

More picks:
    - Samuel Jackson
    - Frank Vincent
    - Tom Sizamore
    - Steve Buscemi

If it were Roger Moore they would celebrate
    8-)
    BIG TAM wrote:

Klaus Kinski
    Oliver Reed
    Lee Van Cleef
    Anthony Quinn
    James Mason
    Maximilian Schell
    Jean Reno
    Gerard Depardieu
    Christoph Waltz
    John Malkovich
    Karel Roden
    Christian Berkel
    Thomas Kretschmann
    Stellan Skarsgard
    Laurence Fishburne
    Michael Wincott
    Peter Sarsgaard
    Chiwetel Ejiofor
    Willem Dafoe
    Idris Elba

Technically, Willem Dafoe has already been a Bond Villian in the 007 game Everything Or Nothing...
    Hee hee! :))

More picks:
    - Samuel Jackson
    - Frank Vincent
    - Tom Sizamore
    - Steve Buscemi

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Mikael Persbrandt. I have mentioned him before and I will mention him again until the world bends to my will :)) He has been a star in his native country Sweden for a long time, but will be in The Hobbit soon. He is a great actor, plays arrogant bastards better than anyone and he is 6' 1.5" (1.89 m) and weighs 203 lbs. (92 kg). He has also trained a lot lately, including with military special forces, because he stars in a film series about a Swedish version of Bond (Carl Hamilton)
    He is what Bond needs in a villan: a very good actor who looks like he could kill Bond. If you look at some of the best Bond villans you find actors who vere stars in their home market, but unknown internationally. This way the audience gets actors who can hold the screen, but people havent seen the actor play villans in other movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJdg5bwo4iE

beck17-2.jpg
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Can't help thinking Timothy Dalton would have made a great 006 in GOLDENEYE. He's good at sly villainy, to wit ROCKETEER. But it would have been too on-the-nose casting coming so soon after his stint in the Bond role. It's a nice fantasy, though.
    Would have also liked to see George C. Scott as Whittaker in THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS. Shades of Patton perhaps but a wasted character who could have been a shady Colonel Kurtz recluse. Plus it might have served to lessen Jeroen Krabbe's screentime. :)
    Another great Bond villian:

Lee Tamahori! :))
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Another great Bond villian:

Lee Tamahori! :))

:D I don't know if he is the only only one to blame (Pervis, Wade GRRRRR) for DAD, but IMHO that was an awful movie.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad