Do Anything Bond Today?

007DAN007DAN CheshirePosts: 99MI6 Agent
Today was a great day.

I travelled first class to London on the train. Had scrambled eggs and strong coffee for breakfast. Went to the Barbican to check out 50 years of Bond Style (If you missed it, shame on you), it was awesome. Walked down Jermyn St looking in Church's shop and grabbed myself a Floris 89 tester. Went to Dukes for a Vesper and then on to Scotts for Dressed Crab, a Black Velvet and a glass of Rose Champagne. What a great day.
2012_09_05_13_05_09.jpg

2012_09_05_15_29_32.jpg

2012_09_05_16_54_45.jpg

2012_09_05_18_02_36.jpg

2012_09_05_18_40_11.jpg
Of course you are

Comments

• Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    You, sir, had a great day. Nice photos. -{
  • GordoLeiterGordoLeiter Posts: 462MI6 Agent
    Dont know if this counts but i purchased OHMSS and YOLT on dvd to add to my growing Bond movie collection today. Im hoping the animated series is on dvd somewhere too.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Woke up late, couldn't be arsed to get out of bed. Striped the karsi using c-c-c-c-charmin. Stumbled into the shower to dowse oneself in girly soap etc. no shave, couldn't be arsed. Gob wash, no breakfast (no time). Out the door with keys in hand to the worlds most temperamental voiture in existence. Late out the gate leads to catching the arse end of rush hour traffic. Stop start stop start. Eventually arriving at work, park the shitbox and stumble across the car park. A trip over a kerb leads to a profound "FFS!!" within earshot of visitors. A mardy glance avoids recieving judgemental looks. Dinner is a sarnie and packet of crisps from the vending machine. Coke (not the powdered kind) accompanies my fine cuisine dining. 8 Hrs later and I'm back out the door to engage in another round of rush hour dodgems. Tea is a selection of boigars and chips. A fruity lolly finishes off the evening, followed by a good wash down of asda's fruit juice. Some exquisite entertainment provided by the beeb finishes off the day and then it's back into the slop-sack to snore my face off for the next 8 hrs.

Welcome to the world of working class scum.

Dressed crab my arse.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    Very nice day 007Dan! I'm truly envious.

Did I do anything Bond today? Let's see...oh yeah, went to the beach and found a woman looking for seashells. She asked if I was looking for shells too and I said, "No, just looking."

Nope, nothing really, but good on you sir!
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    007DAN...you are the man!!!
    minigeff, don't be so cynical!

I love a Bondian day. Can't wait for SKYFALL when I will be ponsing about Leicester Sq with friends and family!!

sorry pal, it's just my nature.

not knocking the guy for doing the bond thing for the day at all. to put it into perspective, i was invited to a school reunion of sorts once. i sat round this table in a pub, i was about 21 and my ex-classmates are sat there with broadsheets exclaiming 'have you seen the article in the FT today?' etc. it was basically a bunch of knobs pretending to be something they weren't, it was like some kinda 'raffle's day out at the pub' convention. i just sat there chuckling my arse off at how daft they all appeared, i think they thought i was bonkers.

boil it all down and i guess all this 'lar-dee-dar' dressed crab stuff is a bit wasted on me. I'd rather have a decent BBQ with my mates.

its a bit like 'fine art' etc. i just don't get it i'm afraid.

anyways, nice day out 007DAN, but I ain't kissing your arse and calling you 'sir' :p
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Geff, you're day WOULD have counted as Bondian IF you'd taken photos of various bits of it...
    Geff, you're day WOULD have counted as Bondian IF you'd taken photos of various bits of it...

bugger, close, but no cigar AGAIN.

i'll be sure to take a pic of the traffic jam and the afore mentioned kerb next time, will that help?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    You are such a fussy git I'm surprised you eat BBQ :D
    minigeff wrote:

bugger, close, but no cigar AGAIN.

i'll be sure to take a pic of the traffic jam and the afore mentioned kerb next time, will that help?

Now even James Bond's been stuck in traffic, by a kerb, etc. So you are Bondianing it. And without knowing it!

Just remember to take bloody photos!!!! 8-)
    christ on a bike.

i'm fussy about what i eat (body is a temple n all that.... pffft :)) ), i get caught in traffic, i see kerbs virtually everyday.

i AM james bond, let alone acting like him!

i'll take pics next time as proof.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Great post 007DAN

Im off to London next month on route to Asia. Unfortunately I think I will miss the Barbican as I believe it ends soon

Is Vesper actually on the menu in Dukes lol or do they roll their eyes!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Great post 007DAN

Im off to London next month on route to Asia. Unfortunately I think I will miss the Barbican as I believe it ends soon

Is Vesper actually on the menu in Dukes lol or do they roll their eyes!!!

believe the barb closed the doors yesterday welshie.

that vesper of dan's looks a bit cloudy from where i'm sat, whats with that dan?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Yeah thought I would miss it - oh well!

Looks my London trip like will consist of

1) Watching Skyfall,
    2) Hand picking a decent Sunspel Riviera or two from Sunspel (sick of receiving random sizing via mail order),
    3) Visit some othe Bondian shops
    4) Shopping for the missus (sadly this will take some time)
    5) Necking a Vesper from Dukes on the way back to Paddington Station half sozzled!

Anybody got any other Bond things to do, open to suggestions however I will prob make it a day trip as its on route to friends :))
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Yeah thought I would miss it - oh well!

Looks my London trip like will consist of

1) Watching Skyfall,
    2) Hand picking a decent Sunspel Riviera or two from Sunspel (sick of receiving random sizing via mail order),
    3) Visit some othe Bondian shops
    4) Shopping for the missus (sadly this will take some time)
    5) Necking a Vesper from Dukes on the way back to Paddington Station half sozzled!

Anybody got any other Bond things to do, open to suggestions however I will prob make it a day trip as its on route to friends :))

how about a trip to smithfield's market visitor car park?

you might be wondering why, but if you view the international trailer you might figure it out..... B-)
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:

you might be wondering why, but if you view the international trailer you might figure it out..... B-)

Nah think I might just stick to bar tasting / sightseeing :D
    007DAN wrote:
    Today was a great day.

I travelled first class to London on the train. Had scrambled eggs and strong coffee for breakfast. Went to the Barbican to check out 50 years of Bond Style (If you missed it, shame on you), it was awesome. Walked down Jermyn St looking in Church's shop and grabbed myself a Floris 89 tester. Went to Dukes for a Vesper and then on to Scotts for Dressed Crab, a Black Velvet and a glass of Rose Champagne. What a great day.

Just checked out the menu - I guess you were not tempted to try (and blow your entire budget) on the Beluga Caviar???
    welshboy78 wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

i think its gonna become the new 'little door on westminster bridge'. meat vendors a plenty look on in confusion at posing bond fans.......

if i were you, i'd send the mrs shopping while doing some bar tasting, sightseeing, bar tasting, sight seeing, bar tasting, bar tasting, bar tasting, sight tasting, bar bar sight, bar sight bar tasting, bight sasting, sight barring, seeing bar shight......
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

i think its gonna become the new 'little door on westminster bridge'. meat vendors a plenty look on in confusion at posing bond fans.......

if i were you, i'd send the mrs shopping while doing some bar tasting, sightseeing, bar tasting, sight seeing, bar tasting, bar tasting, bar tasting, sight tasting, bar bar sight, bar sight bar tasting, bight sasting, sight barring, seeing bar shight......

Hehehe - I will actually be going on my own on this trip however as usual when I go to London I get a large shopping list of various lady stuff!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Hehehe - I will actually be going on my own on this trip however as usual when I go to London I get a large shopping list of various lady stuff!

shopping by proxy?! christ she's got you well trained!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Well we are based out in the Falklands so any trip to the mainland consists of me filling up several suitcases for her and the kids :s
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Back in the days when I drove a '71 MGB-GT (it was my poor man's DB5) every time I got in that car was like a Bond moment for me.
    I sit in a shirt n tie, bottle of voddy to one side and practise screwing on the silencer to my ppk.

Then the mrs comes home and tells me to stop **** about and get the tea on.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,035MI6 Agent
    Well, I just started Bondicating: 1 double bourbon down, I drank it fast savouring the moment as I felt it burn on the way down and when I felt the rattle of the ice against my teeth. Now I'm drinking a second one letting the ice melt to break it down a bit, and reflecting my day, especially the moment when coppers measured my speed as 66 km/h on a 40km/h zone.... X-(
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • Agent007jamestAgent007jamest usaPosts: 163MI6 Agent
    I fought an old woman with a knife in her shoe. Then I shoved an evil midget into a suitcase.
    I forced myself onto a woman in a steam room at the local health clinic :))
  • 007DAN007DAN CheshirePosts: 99MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    007DAN wrote:
    Today was a great day.

Just checked out the menu - I guess you were not tempted to try (and blow your entire budget) on the Beluga Caviar???

Hi Welshboy,

The Vesper is on the menu at Dukes, but its not the 2 measures of Gordons, 1 of Vodka and half a measure lillet with a thin slice of lemon peel. They used their own brands of gin and Vodka and put bitters in there and use orange peel. They bring it out on a wheeled tray and make the drink in front of you. Crackers, fresh olives and nuts accompany the drink (which makes the £17 cost a little more acceptable, especially because I made sure I ate the lot), but it is the experience and the association with Bond and Fleming that I went for which, I would highly recommend despite the price tag.

When I was at Scott's I nearly died which I saw the price tag on the food, the dressed crab was £17, which was a starter to be fair, the caviar was over £200 - I know it is Mayfair, what seriously, what have you got to be earning a year to be able to buy a starter for £200!

I don't reckon to much for the Black Velvet though it tastes like blood.

What is interesting though, is that Scotts and Duke's claim that they were the inspiration for Flemings Vesper?
    Of course you are
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I play at being Bond every day!

I rise early, do some weights and crunches in my home multigym. Shave, shower, dress in Bondian suits and Magnoli tie, kiss my partner goodbye (who doesn't have to get up for two hours after me!). Then jump into my convertible and drive to work (past the MI6 building at Vauxhall - EVERY DAY!!).

Life is pretty good.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
  • 007DAN007DAN CheshirePosts: 99MI6 Agent

I rise early, do some weights and crunches in my home multigym. Shave, shower, dress in Bondian suits and Magnoli tie, kiss my partner goodbye (who doesn't have to get up for two hours after me!). Then jump into my convertible and drive to work (past the MI6 building at Vauxhall - EVERY DAY!!).

Life is pretty good.

Very cool lifestyle.

Where do you buy your Bondian suits from?
    Of course you are
    007DAN wrote:

Life is pretty good.

Very cool lifestyle.

Where do you buy your Bondian suits from?

Ostentatiousness is more the behaviour of a Bond villain than JB himself, surely?

And as my Dad used to say: "Never show off. Because those you're showing off to might think what you've got is fooook all" -{