Bond documentary Everything or Nothing in UK cinemas Oct 5

2»

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,661Chief of Staff
    I love the promotional poster and would love a copy.
    Does anyone know of a link where this can be bought etc?

EON.jpg

There is a link knocking around AJB that links to the site where you can buy this poster from - just can't find it at the moment though ;%

It is a fabulous poster - one I would like too...but it's too exspensive for me...I'm sure it was £1200.... :#
    YNWA 97
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    First time I heared about this documentary. I wish they just included this on the Bonus disc of the 50 year anniversary blu-ray box... As it sounds a lot more exciting then any of the stuff that WAS on there :(
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,305MI6 Agent
    Fantastic documentary and very pacily directed. Actually more involving and entertaining than many recent Bond films, a real narrative arc to it all, and emotional involvement.

Fleming gets his deserved share of acclaim in it. Connery's non-involvement lends him a posthumous air, but it allows him to be cast as the villain of the piece, an attitude which seems more justified in retrospect as the series has gone from strength to strength without him. They linger on shots of Connery looking really obese in the DAF era, as if to make a point, and the clips from NSNA are him at his worst mainly.

Kevin McClory is the other villain of the piece, though no one would realistically stick up for him. That said, I'm not sure that the whole Spectre thing wasn't his idea and lord knows EON milked that in the 60s, using them for films where they hadn't even featured in the books.

Superb use of Barry music throughout to accompany the narrative, and clips from the films to illustrate events.

A shock to see Moore look so overweight, he's turning into Cubby now, while I thought Dalton looked better than he's been in decades, quite rugged and windswept. But his interpretation of Bond is wholly damned with no one speaking up in support of it, he even seems to damn it in his own words: 'I worried that half the people would love Connery and the other half love Moore and they'd gang up to hate me...' implying that's what happened, though in the interview taken just after LTK he swiftly added 'Which didn't happen I'm glad to say', now edited out. Brosnan is in good form, but still surprisingly cut up about getting the push, surprising in that let's face it, his films were mostly below par through no fault of his own. I think it was the grief or regret that comes from knowing he'd never get a chance to really get it right, and now time had moved on.

Lazenby is perhaps the best entertainment value for anecdotes, he's in good form and amusingly self-deprecating. Oh, there's a moving scene regarding a phone call from Connery to Cubby.

What I found surprising was that I found the clips of CR with Craig at the end far more moving than in the actual film, because the music played over it was more impressive. Craig's performance looked shockingly impressive this time round because of this.

That said, Craig looks bloody awful in his talking head clip, really jowelly.

Some clips from Skyfall at the end, though not too many. The trailer is almost directly before the film, so arrive at the last minute if you want to miss that.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Update: the Prince Charles cinema just off Leicester Square will be showing Everything or Nothing all next week, not sure if it's on the smaller or larger screen. It's a bit cheaper there, especially during the day.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    edited October 2012
    Update: the Prince Charles cinema just off Leicester Square will be showing Everything or Nothing all next week, not sure if it's on the smaller or larger screen. It's a bit cheaper there, especially during the day.

Nap, does that include Sat? (20th)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Not as yet Lexi, they don't have full details on their site yet:

Lazy Lexi can't look it up herself!

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Cool. Might try and make one of those dates!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Not as yet Lexi, they don't have full details on their site yet:

Lazy Lexi can't look it up herself!
    ;% well why would I when I have others doing it for me :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Just watched Everything or Nothing. A compelling and entertaining documentary with very good contributions from all involved. No great revelations for those that know the history but compelling all the same. It is currently available to watch in full, but it may not be available for long.

Everything or Nothing - The Untold Story of 007 (2012)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVe26RAmGFg
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Big Thank-you for the link, Moore Than. -{
    A very nice treat this sunday Morning. B-)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I tried to resist... I did, really

...but it got the better of me... ;%

Want to see this again, but on a big screen... and there is so much info (well, certainly for me...) I want to get this on DVD too... Great watch. -{
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007 is being released on DVD. Amazon UK has a release date of January 28th 2013, priced at £14.99. No indication yet of any Special Features.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Everything-Nothing-The-Untold-Story/dp/B00ANQXMG0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356020076&sr=8-1
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • ausbondfanausbondfan Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    I watched this online (Google should help those looking, not sure if I can direct link)

It's pretty cool, Brosnan and Lazenby told stories about how they got the role and there was some rather long scenes about the Bond literature too.

I'd like to see a 3 or 4 hour documentary with a lot of other side characters and all the main Bond's (Hopefully including Connery) released some day but this is a good watch and is quality.

Is it worth 15 bucks? I'd say so.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I enjoyed it but it seemed to be a rehash of the info on the DVD extras etc (I guess little secrets left to reveal)

The bit about Sean calling up and making peace with Cubby on his last legs was pretty cool

Will buy it regardless
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Cool. Might try and make one of those dates!!

As it wasn't on anywhere in Bristol, I got on the train to see it at the Odeon, Bath.
    "What days is it on for?" I asked. "Oh, just tonight!" (Tuesday 9th Oct.)
    (I think it was on in Cardiff for 3 days ).

So the "Who's seen it in the cinema" is a pretty exclusive club membership !

It's an excellent documentary about the producers by the 6 Bond actors and the producers relatives.
    "I grew up assuming everyone had a swimming pool on the first floor of their house!" said the son of
    Harry Saltzman.

Enjoyed seeing some Bond film before Skyfall came along.
    I will be buying the DVD on Jan. 28th and thoroughly recommend it to fellow Bond collectors.

Bleuville. "I like you better without your Beretta!" "A gun and a radio- not exactly Xmas is it?!"
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    I just purchased this on Region 2 DVD(I own a Region Free Player) and viewed it over the weekend. It was fantastic to hear all of the comments from everbody starting with Flemings books and going on to the film adaptations. I am very pleased to hear that Connery did make piece with Cubby Broccoli when he was on his death bed. Also I strongly agree with what Timothy Dalton said during his interview about LTK getting a difficult reception upon its release since I would imagine many movie goers had forgotten about the roots of James Bond being hard edged in the original novels.