Bond Documentary "Everything or Nothing"

2»

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,663Chief of Staff
    I do have a nurses uniform....in PVC B-)
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,698MI6 Agent
    Dr No and Nurse Yes.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,663Chief of Staff
    Dr No and Nurse Yes.

Not quite...the Dr says 'yes' too :D

Now...back to topic....
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,698MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Dr No and Nurse Yes.

Not quite...the Dr says 'yes' too :D

Now...back to topic....

I'm all for that!
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    edited February 2013
    It's on Sky Movies Premiere in the UK from next Friday 15th at 10.30pm...

There is an earlier screening on Friday 15th at 12.15pm. Plus numerous other screenings during the following days.

Sky Guide TV Listings. Scroll down to Sky Movies HD Premiere channel 301, then click on the day of the week (near top of page). Then scroll across the bottom for screening times.

http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/day/3
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Watched this last night on Netflix. Superb documentary. How great to see Moore, Lazenby, Dalton and Brosnan all reminiscing. They rounded up quite a set of people to speak to -- Fleming's girlfriend and niece (not the same person!), Saltzman's children, Babs and Mickey, even Judy Geeson from To Sir With Love who was close with McClory. I loved how the background music was all Bond film cues -- I had as much fun picking those out as I did listening to the interviews. Seeing Babs tear up at the memory of Sean's and Cubby's last conversation was quite touching, although I had forgotten how Connery had cruelly gone on Johnny Carson's show and mocked Broccoli.

It must have been really hard to condense 50 years and 23 films into a 100-minute documentary, but I thought they did a great job. All the major bases were covered, from Ian Fleming to Daniel Craig. Well done.
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,305MI6 Agent
    I don't know if Connery had cruelly mocked him, just made a jibe. Broccoli was the guy who'd sent an army of lawyers to shut down or mess up the making of NSNA every week or so.

Yeah, the music cues are great.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Jimmy BondJimmy Bond Posts: 324MI6 Agent
    What Plural said. Also, Brocolli ended up earning some profit from the film itself after it was released because of its association with TB, so... yeah, Connery had a good reason to not like him, at that time.
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    Jimmy Bond wrote:
    What Plural said. Also, Brocolli ended up earning some profit from the film itself after it was released because of its association with TB, so... yeah, Connery had a good reason to not like him, at that time.

Are you sure about that? NSNA could be made because McClory was a rightsholder, not sure if there would be a kickback to Broccoli.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,305MI6 Agent
    I understand it is true, a hangover from the deal made during TB regarding remakes. Connery mentioned it during an interview promoting the film at the time. Though not a huge amount, and I think it was all about pride and turf warfare with Broccoli.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    Ha, that's a fun fact! :D But indeed, Broccoli would have been far happier if NSNA had bombed at the box office.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    Gald that I own a region free DVD player, I just ordered this on DVD from Amazon's UK Branch, and I cannot wait to see it. Nice to hear that it covers a lot of ground and several of the actors to play James Bond himself participated. Cannot wait it my copy arrives.