Db5 Aston Martin replica project 2013

Comments

• ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Zundapp wrote:
    Ha ha ha ha £7995 :)) for the cars aston would be
    The same give or take. Silly prices but very Well built
    Cars.looking at their data sheet for the cars.
    Couldn't post the pictures for some reason.
    Try later.

Martin

A clear case of "let them 8k"....
    8-)
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    I have just had the 'thrill' of going to Sainsbury's with the wife and kids - and whilst flicking through the pages of the current issue of Classic Car Monthly I noticed this article on the 'Letters' page - so I got all spy-like and took some covert photo's with my Sony C902 so you can all have a read:

DSC00236.jpgDSC00237.jpgDSC00238.jpgDSC00239.jpgDSC00240.jpgDSC00241.jpg
    I wonder if any of the people mentioned in the article are members on this forum taking part in this thread??
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • ZundappZundapp Posts: 139MI6 Agent
    Haha "Gent from Sweden " , must be me.
    Hugh probably got Tired of all us idiots calling him, and stalk him
    Tru google maps :)) , so he had to make clear that he's not intressed
    In making bodyshell for anyone but himself, tru another article.
    Could you by CM magazine tru internet?

Martin.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    edited May 2013
    I can't but help feel sorry for this Hugh Rogers fella.

It's always great when people admire your work, but using google earth to track them down and contact them?

If someone is so hard to track down, there's probably a reason for it. What you guys might have done is get your heads together, written one letter to the guy as a group and waited. Instead it sounds like the poor guy is constantly hounded over something he's doing for himself alone.

My thoughts are if any of you really want a replica DB5, do what Mr Rogers did, go do it yourselves. And if you haven't got the know-how to make the shell and need Mr Rogers' moulds, how do you plan on making the rest of the car?

Mr Rogers receives yet another 'can I buy your DB5 shell?' letter
    A8875F9F-DA75-4FBE-B93C-4232E02E547F-50517-00000EEEE8DD463C_zpsd7db340a.jpg
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:

It's always great when people admire your work, but using google earth to track them down and contact them?

If someone is so hard to track down, there's probably a reason for it. What you guys might have done is get your heads together, written one letter to the guy as a group and waited. Instead it sounds like the poor guy is constantly hounded over something he's doing for himself alone.

My thoughts are if any of you really want a replica DB5, do what Mr Rogers did, go do it yourselves. And if you haven't got the know-how to make the shell and need Mr Rogers' moulds, how do you plan on making the rest of the car?

As I'm the only one here talking to mr roger's on the phone,he Said it was ok that i called.
    Otherwise he would hang up the phone, right!!!
    We talked like 40 min or so. He was wery nice.
    So buy calling i have scrapped the possibility to get a hugh db5.
    So now i know i have to go my own way.and do it myself.

Martin( ex, stalker) or better! Gent from Sweden :D
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Zundapp wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

As I'm the only one here talking to mr roger's on the phone,he Said it was ok that i called.
    Otherwise he would hang up the phone, right!!!
    We talked like 40 min or so. He was wery nice.
    So buy calling i have scrapped the possibility to get a hugh db5.
    So now i know i have to go my own way.and do it myself.

Martin( ex, stalker) or better! Gent from Sweden :D

Don't mind minijeff Martin , he just wishes someone would stalk him. :)

As to your attempt to get Hugh to make more, I suspect he's pleased that the letter section of a well known mag makes clear he has no interest in upsetting Amoc or AM - smart move.

Alls well that ends without recourse to the lawyers ..
    Think I'd be more creeped out than flattered if someone had stalked... sorry, tracked me down using Google stalk.. sorry, earth.

Anyway, as for me wanting a stalker all I can say is they have to meet the strict criteria. This lass does fits the bill perfectly..

23171.jpg
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Think I'd be more creeped out than flattered if someone had stalked... sorry, tracked me down using Google stalk.. sorry, earth.

Anyway, as for me wanting a stalker all I can say is they have to meet the strict criteria. This lass does fits the bill perfectly..

23171.jpg
    In that case You will probably get more luck if you change
    Your minigeff to BiGgeff. :)) ;)
    Martin.
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    Someone is on it :D
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    Thats yours ?! Looks good mate
    Zundapp wrote:
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    Someone is on it :D
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    Idid'nt say it was mine . Kind the way i was thinking doing mine
    But i don't have the computer skills to make the 3D **** and section cut's
    So i simply asked this guy for buying plans.

No stalking needed :D

Martin
    Hey guys, i saw on cnn that Daniel Craig was in German grand Prix with michael Schumacher and he drove the db5 on the track...any articles on that ? i was at the gym so i didnt get to see alot of it
    The title was Bond Vs Schumacher
    Cheer
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    Wow cool. Want to be there.
    Buy the way.. I' ve got the plans to that aston
    Jigsaw puzzle :D :D :D

Martin.
    For those wondering what's going on with the 'jigsaw', it's something called a buck.

The car is drawn up on paper, and from these plans the form of the car is dissected into a series of bulkheads with a couple or more stringers running along the length. This gives you an idea of the shape and also waypoints to use during the finishing stage.

The space in between the bulkheads and stringers is filled with either expanding foam from a can or blocks of foam, like the stuff used in cavity walls for insulation.

The spaces are filled almost up to the edges of the bulkheads, then topped up with a liberal amount of body filler. The filler is then sanded back down until you hit the bulkheads and stringers. Then the whole lot is painted in primer to get an even and perfectly smooth finish.

Then moulds can be taken from which you can lay up the panels or whole bodyshell in.

I've got the plans for the DBR1, and to get a full size buck made would cost me around £2k of materials. :o
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    amazing, microjiff,

can someone make a MR camera that way, too?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:
    amazing, microjiff,

can someone make a MR camera that way, too?

It'd be a bit big wouldn't it?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    compared to you - no :D

Aston dbr1 fans look away now....

http://youtu.be/7nHX_-llYLo
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    For those wondering what's going on with the 'jigsaw', it's something called a buck.

The car is drawn up on paper, and from these plans the form of the car is dissected into a series of bulkheads with a couple or more stringers running along the length. This gives you an idea of the shape and also waypoints to use during the finishing stage.

The space in between the bulkheads and stringers is filled with either expanding foam from a can or blocks of foam, like the stuff used in cavity walls for insulation.

The spaces are filled almost up to the edges of the bulkheads, then topped up with a liberal amount of body filler. The filler is then sanded back down until you hit the bulkheads and stringers. Then the whole lot is painted in primer to get an even and perfectly smooth finish.

Then moulds can be taken from which you can lay up the panels or whole bodyshell in.

I've got the plans for the DBR1, and to get a full size buck made would cost me around £2k of materials. :o
    Or buy a 3D printer like the guy i bought the plans from and print out the car
    Then make the mould.
    Zundapp wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Then make the mould.

Can you buy a 3D printer that's large enough to print a full size car, plus the material it'd use up for less than £2k?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    no, but he can get it finished before christmas :D

Bondtoys wrote:
    no, but he can get it finished before christmas :D

Not on a £2k budget he won't.

2025 <---- MR cam release date.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    I have it written ---> christmas 2012

Zun, does this mean your going to make a 3d print of the DB5? would yuou be sharing the prints to us? :D
    Zundapp wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Then make the mould.
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    Well he is printing the car in small sections
    And putt it together.like the door is made from
    40 pices and glued.
    I did point out the direction of Mr hugh R.
    To another forum member and I think he got
    Tired off it and made another article in C.M.
    So I'm sorry. I will not share somebody elses work.
    My plan was to make the mould with
    Foam and sand it to shape.
  • VoituerVoituer Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Apparently haribo are releasing a 4d printer. When you have printed out an object you will be able to eat it. different flavoured media are to be announced with strawberry assumed to be the most popular.

Personally I'm holding out for the tangfastic version.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Hart008 wrote:

Not sure what he's driving but as it's lefthand drive it almost certainly isn't the SF car!
    Zundapp wrote:
    Well he is printing the car in small sections
    And putt it together.like the door is made from
    40 pices and glued.
    I did point out the direction of Mr hugh R.
    To another forum member and I think he got
    Tired off it and made another article in C.M.
    So I'm sorry. I will not share somebody elses work.

Sorry but that'll look total ****.

40 pieces in just one door? Hope he gets all those joints sanded smooth cos if the light catches that silver paint in the wrong way it ain't half gonna look like an unanswered crossword!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org