Future Bond locations

123457»

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 19,992MI6 Agent
    edited January 13

Taiga TS2, the first production electric snowmobile. it can do 0-100 km/t in three seconds, but it doesn't have the range of petrol engine snowmobiles. They're more quiet however. The Canadian military are looking for a hybrid snowobile where they can switch to electric to go quiet. That sounds Bondian to me.

Video: Electric Drag Race! - Taiga Electric Snowmobile VS Tesla Model S 85D - YouTube

edited February 4

It would be a shame if no future James Bond movie feature a skiing scene in the Lofoten islands in northern Norway 😀

edited April 8

The Lofoten island have never been filmed in any international movie. If Bond uses these locations the series will be first to show this wealth of spectacular locations. Here's a drone wideo of the hightest quality to show the area in the summer: Lofoten Islands, Norway 🇳🇴 - by drone [4K] - YouTube

Not really a location, but I's love it if we get ski scenes of this quality in a Bond movie in the future:

Markus Eder's The Ultimate Run - The Most Insane Ski Run Ever Imagined - YouTube

• JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 405MI6 Agent

That was a brilliant video; thanks for posting it! The castle-type building he skis through towards the end of the video would be a decent Bond location. Perhaps an ally is captured and held there and needs rescuing?

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,054MI6 Agent

Yes, great video. That snow castle reminded a lot of the 007: Nightfire level 'The Exchange'. Drone footage such as what's seen from around the 7-minute mark should really be taken advantage of for future Bond chases.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

Sub-Saharan Africa has barely been in Bond movies. Ethiopia seems like a great place to start!

The real Montenegro has real potential!

edited May 31

I've mentioned the posibility of Bond movies using drone taxis earlier. Bond has used cutting edge transportation before and I think passenger drones would fit this tradition nicely. I doesn't have to be in an action scene, it could just be a way to make a exposition scene or transportation scene more visulally interesting. Maybe Bond visits the blillionaire villan by a passenger drone?

Here is a short video of a taxi drone being tested in Dubai back in 2017. My guess is the first regular taxi drone service will be in service during Bond7's tenure.

Dubai's flying taxi – the volocopter – takes first flight - Bing video

• SpectreOfDefeatSpectreOfDefeat Posts: 392MI6 Agent

I don't think I've contributed to this thread yet. My thoughts on this topic so far as to where Bond should go next are:

1) Spain- Madrid or Barcelona- or Lisbon in Portugal. We've seen Bond visit Italy lots of times now, so how about somewhere else in the Mediterranean?

2) Eastern Europe. Okay, Bond visited the former Czech Republic in TLD. But much of Eastern Europe remains unexplored by 007- I'm thinking specifically Poland, Romania, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia. Perhaps a story where Bond gets involved with Russian intrigue in the Baltic states?

3) The Arctic or Antarctic. A story where Bond has to survive extreme conditions at the North or South Pole while tracking a villain?

"The spectre of defeat..."

Chefchaouen

Chefchauouen in Marocco is mainly painted in shades of blue and very photogenic:

I've suggested the beautiful and stunning Moscow underground stations a number of times before. Given the current affairs I don't see Bond filming in Russia this decade, so if they do the station has to be a set. The Moscow underground has a Flemming connection. The underground system was constructed in the 30's by British engineers. This being Stalin's Soviet Union they were charged with espionage. Fleming was one of the journalists covering the show trails.