Future Bond locations

1234568»

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    edited November 2023

I've mentioned Stone Town in Zanzibar before, but I think this is the type of location Bond should thrive on. "Everyone" hasn't been there yet, and the place is stunning and exotic.

Apparently the doors in Stone Town are a sight to be seen.

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,253MI6 Agent

Good call ! I like that !

James Bond goes globe-trotting in this years AJB007 Christmas Special!

Read it here: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/56289/the-ajb007-christmas-special-2023#latest

Or is this "should've been past Bond locations"? I mean, how could the location managers miss Hotel Jested (apart from the fact that it was in communist Czechoslovakia)?

The hotel would've been the perfect lair for Hugo Drax, don't you think?

edited February 29

Here are the countries and regions I most want to see as Bond locations:

- India. I'm sure the country has far more to offer than what we saw in OP, a movie that's over forty years ago.

- The Arctic or Antarctica. Finding places where very few has been is much harder now than in the 60's, but these places are still exotic to almost everyone.

- Africa south of the Sahara. Rarely visited by people from the rest of the world and very under-used in movies. Exotic and exciting.

- Georgia. Not the US state, but the small country in the Caucasus. Very beautiful and as far as I know unused in big movies.

- A major city covered in snow. A city in one of the Nordic countries or Canada perhaps?

- Norway. No surprise there. Especially the fjords on the west coast.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,705MI6 Agent

India is the one that comes to my mind quite often too when this question is raised: proper modern India rather than the tourist version in OP. It's such an important country it's not hard to imagine espionage going down there.

It's time for Bond to ski again and of course spend time in front of the fireplace with a beautiful woman in a luxurious cabin. this type of cabin would be perfect!