Little niggles

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Ah, but it did also have a Photostat machine attached. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Yeah it's simple and easy to crack a top of the range impregnable safe, but if you want to make a quick copy of a document inside it... :))

On little niggles, that bit in DAF when the moon buggy loses a wheel, but is still driving on all Four wheels in the next shot, bugs me.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    In my world, I see it as one of the wheels of the police car. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    leiters jolly Attitude at the end of LTK. You do realize that your Wife is dead and your one of your Legs became a Sharks Lunch?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I like to think Leiter is just showing " a stiff upper lip " . :))
    At the end of Skyfall in the chapel, Bond comes out with a joke about getting into "deep water ".
    I feel this was unnecessary, as it comes between two dramatic events, death of Silva and the
    death of M. I think it spoils the flow of the story and could've been dropped, and leave a few
    gags for the end of the film. A very minor point, but this is little niggles. :D
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    At the end of Skyfall in the chapel, Bond comes out with a joke about getting into "deep water ".
    I feel this was unnecessary, as it comes between two dramatic events, death of Silva and the
    death of M. I think it spoils the flow of the story and could've been dropped, and leave a few
    gags for the end of the film. A very minor point, but this is little niggles. :D

Just before that Bond and nameless villian are trying to strangle eachother under water.... Why?
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    The Sound that Tee Hee makes when Bond tears his Suit during there Train Fight :s
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Maybe it was one of his favourites. :))
    Probably :))
    Although, I always thought it was a cry of frustration at not being able to kill Bond. :D
    ( I have made similar noises, myself ) :)) followed by an expletive or two. ;)
    I keep telling you to take Laxatives TP :))
    :)) :)) :)) ah, the bottom line.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    It sounded like "Oh sh*t!" to me, i'll have to watch it again.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    It's more of an 'Ughh' Sound.
  • Smiert-SpionamSmiert-Spionam Posts: 318MI6 Agent
    A minor niggle for me is why Oddjob's hat didn't do more damage to Tilly Masterson considering the same hat decapitated a statue. I know that films at the time probably couldn't show such gruesome images but surely this could have been implied off screen rather than showing her with barely a scratch on her.
    Smiert Spionam
    They might have considered showing Tilly's Head being removed from her Shoulders, but then the Film Censors would have been up in Arms about it. Not sure though.
    As the statue was a solid object ,the Hat thrown with force Broke its neck ( Not cuttin it ). The
    same happened to poor Tilly, as she was moving and ( like most humans ) quite a bit softer than
    a stone statue, It also broke her neck, as Oddjob's hat was made of steel but it wasn't razor edged
    so didn't "Cut" anything. More like ( Blunt force trauma )
    Well that's how I explaine it. :))
  • Smiert-SpionamSmiert-Spionam Posts: 318MI6 Agent
    As the statue was a solid object ,the Hat thrown with force Broke its neck ( Not cuttin it ). The
    same happened to poor Tilly, as she was moving and ( like most humans ) quite a bit softer than
    a stone statue, It also broke her neck, as Oddjob's hat was made of steel but it wasn't razor edged
    so didn't "Cut" anything. More like ( Blunt force trauma )
    Well that's how I explaine it. :))

I'll go with that. Cheers TP -{
    Smiert Spionam
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    When Solitaire says "Where's Kananga?" She was in the same room when he was killed and i'm sure she can see his remains in the shark pool. It just seems that line was inserted in the script so that Bond could have his post mortem quip.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    I guess some one had to set up Bond's funny line. :))
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    For me I only have a few.

LTK: Felix talking to Bond on the telephone near the end and being cheery despite that the fact he lost his wife and nearly died himself. Also the fact that Felix was now employed by the DEA instead of the Central Intelligence Agency could have better explained in the dialogue since I understand that many fans were a little confused as to who Felix was employed by when they saw the film.

CR: The fact that Poker replaced Baccarat as the game of choice for Le Chiffre. I know that Poker is better known to modern filmgoers, yet Bond played Baccarat in Goldeneye and no one batted an eye.

SF: Bond not grabbing the H&K 416 rifle from Sliva's goon that he knocked out on his way to the chapel. Both my sister and my brother in law brought this up when I watched Skyfall with them.
    I think I have the biggest Niggle - When Bond had to explain to Draco that his Daughter is dead. I've always wondered what his Reaction would be :o
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    A minor niggle for me is why Oddjob's hat didn't do more damage to Tilly Masterson considering the same hat decapitated a statue. I know that films at the time probably couldn't show such gruesome images but surely this could have been implied off screen rather than showing her with barely a scratch on her.

This used to bother me as well, until I read an article years ago that addressed this.

Because of the weird aerodynamics of sailing objects through the air such as frisbees, they don't always fly in the same pattern or angle. His top hat is even more problematic, given it's shape. They mention that though it contained a heavy blade in the brim, the crown of the hat would still cause it to be a little off balance, so that it might strike an object and an angle that would reduce the effectiveness of the blade. If it were heavy enough, it would either only cause a slight cut to the skin and cause more impact at the wrong angle, or if it hit below and struck clothing before flesh, there might me no lacerating at all (except to the cloth), but the impact could still lead to injury. In this case, Tilly may have had her neck broken, but not received a laceration.

The other possibility they mentioned was that Oddjob may have had different hats. One may have had a cutting blade and another for only bludgeoning.
    In any case, it was proven that his hat would have been incapable of cutting off the head of a marble statue. Any impact with any blade being thrown with enough force would break off the head, but not slice it off. It takes a machine driven saw being continually dowsed with water (to prevent the blade from heating) and a bit of time to cut through solid marble.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    In any case, it was proven that his hat would have been incapable of cutting off the head of a marble statue. Any impact with any blade being thrown with enough force would break off the head, but not slice it off. It takes a machine driven saw being continually dowsed with water (to prevent the blade from heating) and a bit of time to cut through solid marble.

That's right, in reality the hat would not have sheared the head off the statute. However, the movie implies that it would and that's why it's so jarring that it didn't have the same effect on Tilly.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    The other niggle about that scene is that the hat, having sheared off the head, carries on sailing past the statue... but in the next shot the hat and statue head are both on the ground about a foot apart. :#
    It's really a Boomerang :))
    That explains it!
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    I don't like how the head in the arm. falls breaking the arm but it stays attached because
    It has a metal strutt.
    What makes you think this is my first time?
    Do you think we should check that bond is dead first before continuing on with the Plan?