The Gadget you Can't live without.

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:
    That's what the small guys like Asp7mm try to tell you.... :v

those that have to brag usually have a complex :D you are probably like one of these weight lifters with a thumb tac :v

You have no idea what I am using to lift weights :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Another stronger, younger bloke ! :p :)) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Use the Force Luke!
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    LMao :))

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Can't believe I had not spotted this thread sooner!

Part of me agrees very much with Samouri and AS. - I do have a KOBO reader, my Laptop (Toshiba) my MP3 player. However the latter is the only one I use when on the move.
    Like Lexi my HTC One is my key gadget or device. It was really cool using the Tube map app in London, not just because it felt Bondian, but it was practical with maintenance updates. - The trick was to stand out of the way against a wall when using it, so I didn't get in anyone's way. - How can people use an MP3 and a phone online when crossing the road?! Its unbelievably stupid!! - Sorry will put that bit in the Rant thread.

I did seriously debate the idea of a tablet for a while, esp as my best mates both have an IPad. In the end though I released I don't need it. I have my laptop at home, my phone on the move, and the KOBO or my MP3 on the bus. MP3 usually winning though, as I always like to see where I am going! I would add my camera, but it falls into the holiday and day trip category.

Yeah, its the phone!

(re post 92) Oh and Bendytoys? Probably a car jack! :D
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Like Lexi my HTC One is my key gadget or device. It was really cool using the Tube map app in London, not just because it felt Bondian, but it was practical with maintenance updates. - The trick was to stand out of the way against a wall when using it, so I didn't get in anyone's way.

I did seriously debate the idea of a tablet for a while, esp as my best mates both have an IPad. In the end though I released I don't need it.

Yeah, its the phone

I totally agree, and always use the tube app too when visiting London.

I'm just getting my head around todoist...a really good 'to do' app...for both home and my business. Really getting the most of my phone (hardly use it for calls :)) ) God help me if I lose the thing :o
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    That's why I always keep mine on my person except at home.

You can also tell when I am using it to post on here - terrible typos all over the shop!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    Only recently upgraded to HD Satellite TV ( Freesat ) and have to say I'm loving it. The cars on
    Top Gear look fantastic -{ , although I've had the usual argument with my wife as she says
    she can't see any difference in the picture quality. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    HD? Ladies looks nice in HD -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,572Chief of Staff
    Finally upgraded my mobile...took possession of an iPhone 5c - 5s is way overpriced...it's running 4G...seems good so far, but it takes some getting used to ! :s
    YNWA 97
    Traded in my old Nikon d600, for the new d610 :D , should be
    able to start playing with it Thursday. :))
    For years I've been waiting for someone to bring out a small full frame ( 35mm size)
    Small camera and Sony have. {[] Just order the Sony A7 with lens, it will be my new
    Constant companion on forest walks etc. -{
    No optical viewfinder is a nogo for me :(
    And Sony used to be a design pioneer, why are their high-end cameras so butt-ugly?

These new oled viewers are great, -{ , it's the size of a big compact, but it's full frame
    Takes interchangeable lenses, and 24mp ( they make the sensors for Nikon ;) )
    So instead of roaming with my big D800 etc,I can take a small bag, ( to match my
    Shoes ). :))
    I do agree Sony build great cameras ( I have nothing to do with the company ) but
    They don't seem to have a design dept. All their cameras look as if they've been designed
    by the Tech guys that built them. :))
    erm, judging a 36mpix image thru a 2,5 mpix viewfinder - I don't know….

Additionally - I want a built-it flash - no matter how crappy it is. That's my main reason why I have Nikon SLRs and not Canon.
    Great small camera when being forced to carry a separate flashlight in at least the same size with you.

Alternatively: "Sorry, guys I can't take a pic from you - I don't have a flash :v "

With modern high iso, flash is a thing of the past !, occasionally to high light
    A face I might use a small video light, other than that, I rarely use flash.
    I'll be using the A7 Mainly for landscapes, and what ever I come across, so
    Nothing of " Pro standard " but you never know ........... :))
    Okay, so I splashed out and got the Bose Soundlink Mini - a lovely bit of kit, that has the most amazing sound and pairs very nicely with my new ipod nano....

Really rather happy with this mightly beast - although it's a tiny package, it pushes out a throaty bass! B-) ;)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Hey Lex

glad that you like the Soundlink but next time before you are buying stuff - get in touch with me.
    When it comes to Airplay devices - nothing beats B&W, I have an A7 here and loooove it!

BW-A7b_0.jpg
    B-W-A7-2-1-Aktivsystem-f630x378-ffffff-C-dc408363-75381414.jpg

I use an old Pringles tube. :p :))
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Hey Lex

glad that you like the Soundlink but next time before you are buying stuff - get in touch with me.
    When it comes to Airplay devices - nothing beats B&W, I have an A7 here and loooove it!

BW-A7b_0.jpg

The SONOS is better than that :p

But I think it's about price point - how much is that ugly looking thing ?
    YNWA 97
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Hey Lex

BW-A7b_0.jpg

Will do Markus, but I wanted something that I could take with me, if I was going out for the day, or on holiday....and your example is a tad on the large side...

This is my nifty little bit of kit BoseSoundLinkMiniDresser.jpg
    Sir Miles wrote:

Sonos are not bad.
    The A7 I bought for around GBP 400,--

Bondtoys wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Sonos are not bad.
    The A7 I bought for around GBP 400,--

Yea, completely different price point to the Bose soundlink :))

For that sort of money I'd rather have the SONOS ;) :D
    YNWA 97
    In direct comparison there is nothing better than B&W!
    And I say in full awareness that B&W is a UK company :p

Bondtoys wrote:
    In direct comparison there is nothing better than B&W!

Then I'll have to give them a listen - if they are better than Bose then I'll be VERY impressed -{

UK company ? We have to be good at SOMETHING :))
    YNWA 97
    They are for sure better than Bose!
    But with your perception problems (example Dalton :p :p ) you may disagree and I won't be surprised :p

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:

UK company ? We have to be good at SOMETHING :))

I think he's thinking of B&Q... :#
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    I was watching a bit of QVC ( shopping channel ) at the weekend and they
    Were displaying the Bose Soundlink Mini . seemed to have a fantastic sound
    for such a small system, and very portable.
    Yeah, you really believe the sales crap that they are giving you on QVC :v