Bond 24 leading ladies (thanks Lexi)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Have you ever seen the TV-series "Lilyhammer"? It can be summed up as a mixture of Fargo and Sopranos set in Norway. Steven van Zandt plays the lead. You can watch it on Netflix. In fact Lillyhammer was the first TV-show Netflix made. In the second season we meet police officer Mette Hansen, played by Silje Torp. I don't think she has the looks to be a Bond girl, but she has a very interesting look. Perhaps they could cast her in a smaller role:

Silje_Torp,_norvegian_actress.JPG

978x_569_384__.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I agree a quirky look, a villain perhaps.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    That was what I was thinking. An interesting face in an an interesting role such as Dr Kaufman in TWINE or Kronsten in FRWL. Very small parts, but we remember them.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I read a few Months back that Molly Ringwald was up for the Role of leading Lady?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Silly season :D
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    Yes, silly story.
    What makes you think this is my first time?
    Was she one if the actresses mentioned in the funny video posted by Number 24 ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    The SNL video? Yes, she was :))
    Ah, someone must of thought that was a screen test vid. :))
    Soon someone will post the rumour that Jodi Foster is the new Bond girl....
    It would bring a new meaning to Silva's line in Sky fall about rats.

" We can either eat each other, ..... or everyone else ". :))
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Soon someone will post the rumour that Jodi Foster is the new Bond girl....

She's a terrific actress and I can even see her as a Bond villain, but not as a "Bond Girl".
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I would like to see Jennifer Connelley as Leading Lady, even though it would her the oldest Bond Girl to date.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I think Jennifer Connelly was one of several obvious Bond girls they forgot to cast in the Brosnan era.
    Others are Cathrine Zeta-Jones, Monica Bellucci and Angelina Jolie. Remember, at the time of Goldeneye Cathrine Zeta-Jones was making "Blue Juice", Bellucci had only made Dracula in English and Jolie was making "Hackers". They were far from the superstars they are today.
    edited March 2014
    Here is a good reason Daniel Craig's height is a problem. This is Alyssa Sutherland who caught my eye in "Vikings":

vikings.jpg

Alyssa_Sutherland_96928a96768f886a6b136525f4d3eabe.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1451415/

Why? She's 5'11'' (180 cm) tall. She would be a better match to her "Vikings" co-star Clive Standen (6'2'')
    28 year-old Danish actress Marie Bach Hansen was tested for the part of Severine in Skyfall. What do you think?

bxvcex3rttxijvbjqbkc.jpg

profilbillede.jpg

In my opinion Bérénice Marlohe is more beautiful, but Hansen seems to look beter on screen than she does on these pictures.
    Only my opinion but I think Bérénice Marlohe did a wonderful job and is very beautiful, almost
    as beautiful as Caterina Murino. :x
    I agree.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Only my opinion but I think Bérénice Marlohe did a wonderful job and is very beautiful, almost
    as beautiful as Caterina Murino. :x

+1 - Ms. Marlohe made quite an impact with relatively little screen time.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Who else do we know were considered for parts in Skyfall? I understand Kevin Spacy was in the picture for Silva.
    I think Kevin Spacy's name has been mentioned a few times for Bond films, and he is a big Bond fan. I hope
    Someday they get him. :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,584Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    Who else do we know were considered for parts in Skyfall? I understand Kevin Spacy was in the picture for Silva.

Really ? Couldn't see that working at all X-(
    YNWA 97
    edited March 2014
    Although given the choice I'd still pick Bérénice Marlohe over Kevin Spacey. :D
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Wasn't Simon Russell Beale supposed to be rumored for a part?
    Yes, I remember his name being mentioned But I now think as he's a good mate of Sam Mendes he was
    probably calling in for a chat and a coffee. :)) But who knows for Bond 24 ? :D
    According to IMDB:

"Kevin Spacey was considered for a role, but declined due to scheduling conflicts. It is believed that director Sam Mendes originally offered the role of the villain to Spacey, the part in the film played by Javier Bardem. Spacey worked with this Mendes on American Beauty (1999)"

Here are some actresses mentioned in IMDB: Freida Pinto, Olivia Wilde, Rachel Weisz, Esti Ginzburg, Margarita Levieva, Alice Eve, Ana Ventura, Emilia Fox, Ebru Akel
    I seem to remember Olivia Wilde was very much in the picture for CR. She does have a special beauty to her.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,584Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    According to IMDB:

"Kevin Spacey was considered for a role, but declined due to scheduling conflicts. It is believed that director Sam Mendes originally offered the role of the villain to Spacey, the part in the film played by Javier Bardem. Spacey worked with this Mendes on American Beauty (1999)"

Lots of words like 'considered' and 'believed' in there....hardly proof....and how accurate is IMDB ? I doubt its true and it looks like lazy journalism to me....
    YNWA 97
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Wasn't Simon Russell Beale supposed to be rumored for a part?

From The Independent:

Beale said last month: "Of course! Every actor wants to be in Bond. I’d love to be a baddie. I saw Sam just before Christmas and dropped a hint – and he just looked wearily at me.”
    But the distinguished stage actor is in fact in detailed talks to appear as one of the good guys.
    "It's too early to confirm anything, but the part he is up for is not a baddie," confirms his spokesman. "There was this assumption he was up to play such a character, but it was never the case."

I had never heared about Beale before, but he's the type of actor they should use. A world-class actor who isn't famous.
    Lupita Nyong'o won both Oscars and Golden Globes for her role in '12 years a slave' seems like a very good Bond girl candidate. Her list of awards is much longer than her filmography

Filmography: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2143282/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t38

Awards: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2143282/awards

In other words she is a an exelent actress, but still a fresh face. And what a face!

Lupita-Nyongo-In-J-Mendel-2013-Hollywood-Film-Awards.jpg

She is 30 years old and she's a rising star.