Barbour Commander now for sale

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Sneak peek video before public airing on Commander!

https://vimeo.com/68804762
  • massimomassimo Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Hi Commander owners, is there any further suggestion that could help me to order the right size? Thanks !
  • BlueBludBlueBlud Posts: 254MI6 Agent
    I received my Commander this morning after pre-ordering from Stuarts of London 3 months ago, I couldn't be more happy with it.

I ordered my normal size large (42" chest) and it fits like a dream. Even better it has SA buttons (which I wasn't expecting).
    Thanks, BlueBud.
    So, your advice is not to size up (as suggested in previous post 14 and 31 from other members) ?
    Can you kindly specify the measurements of the L ? Thanks a lot
    No problem, in my case I am happy with the large.
    It it helps I take a large in the Sunspel Riviera, a medium in the N.Peal and a medium in the John Smedley Bobby.

The large commander is fitted on me which is the way I like it, if you are between sizes then it comes down to personal preference. An XL wouldn't have been ridiculous, I just prefer the fitted look.

I will provide you with some measurements when I get chance (probably tomorrow).
    Thanks, it would be helpful.
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    massimo wrote:
    Massimo,
    I have the Commander jacket (from Aspecto) in a XXL and I'm a 47'' chest. The fit, (as per all Heritage line jackets), has a very small tolerance in the chest ( zero to 1 inch) so is supposed to be fitted rather than loose as with other Barbour jackets. The jacket fits me as it should, more like a sports jacket than a big waxed jacket under which you would wear many layers.
    Barbour recommend getting your 'normal' size if you want the fit to be as per the design of the line. Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Llafkys
    Llafyks wrote:
    massimo wrote:
    Massimo,
    I have the Commander jacket (from Aspecto) in a XXL and I'm a 47'' chest. The fit, (as per all Heritage line jackets), has a very small tolerance in the chest ( zero to 1 inch) so is supposed to be fitted rather than loose as with other Barbour jackets. The jacket fits me as it should, more like a sports jacket than a big waxed jacket under which you would wear many layers.
    Barbour recommend getting your 'normal' size if you want the fit to be as per the design of the line. Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Llafkys

Perfect advice, couldn't agree more!
    For those who received their Commanders, could you post some fit pics?
    Thanks to all the gentlemen for their help and passion.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    For those who received their Commanders, could you post some fit pics?

Exactly the same in every way as my Tokito.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Thanks!
  • skinner007skinner007 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    hey guys, i need some guidance. im looking at buying the Barbour Commander Dept B jacket via endclothing.com but the pictures on the site makes the jackets colour look black, not the olive green like i've seen in other pictures of the jackets on other sites, is this just the photo? or does this jacket actually come in different colours?

Also can anyone recommend endclothing.com? or is this there are better site to order this jacket from like kafka.com? keep in mind it would be shipping to canada!

thanks !!!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Like I previously said, I can't recommend .end clothing but I've been very happy with Kafka.

Kafka also ships internationally.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent

Not the commander or the skyfall tokito. I have both and this one on ebay has a lot of differences. It's just a different Barbour tokito the seller is trying to connect to bond.
  • drugtestdrugtest Posts: 116MI6 Agent

As kadd said, neither. It's a genuine To Ki To Barbour jacket, but an earlier edition than the Sports Jacket that was used in Skyfall. It looks pretty similar, but there are more buttons on the front and it looks like the hood is lined with corduroy. Not a bad substitute if you want a genuine To Ki To but don't need it to be the exact Sports Jacket or the Commander.

If you just google "barbour to ki to driving jacket" there are lots of images to browse.
  • stripestripe Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    Just received my commander from Kafka, great service from them. Thanks to all for the sizing advice, I'm a 42" chest and ordered the large. Its very fitted across the shoulders and looks good, but I would say 42"chest is the limit for the large size.
  • ryan.hill200994ryan.hill200994 United KingdomPosts: 23MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the swift reply everyone!
  • txagibtxagib Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Can someone who owns the commander comment on how warm this jacket is? How would you rate it from a temperature perspective?

TIA!
    can anyone tell me why there jacket looks black on this site? not Olive Green?

http://www.endclothing.com/catalog/product/view/id/117945/s/barbour-department-b-skyfall-commander-jacket/category/38/

thanks!
  • drugtestdrugtest Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    skinner007 wrote:
    can anyone tell me why there jacket looks black on this site? not Olive Green?

http://www.endclothing.com/catalog/product/view/id/117945/s/barbour-department-b-skyfall-commander-jacket/category/38/

thanks!

Probably just looks dark, but I'm sure it's the same color as the original, a dark olive green.
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    skinner007 wrote:
    hey guys, i need some guidance. im looking at buying the Barbour Commander Dept B jacket via endclothing.com but the pictures on the site makes the jackets colour look black, not the olive green like i've seen in other pictures of the jackets on other sites, is this just the photo? or does this jacket actually come in different colours?

Also can anyone recommend endclothing.com? or is this there are better site to order this jacket from like kafka.com? keep in mind it would be shipping to canada!

thanks !!!

I ordered both my To Ki To and Commander jackets from End Clothing. Service and delivery were great. The jackets arrived in 2 business days via Fed-Ex. That said, Fed-Ex collected $200 in duties & taxes at the door upon delivery. That kinda sucked, but it's their only shipping method to Canada, and it beats paying eBay prices for the jackets. Overall a great shopping experience, except for the Fed-Ex charges.

I can also confirm that both jackets are the correct olive green colour, despite what the website photos may look like.
    thanks guys !
  • Rachaellou25Rachaellou25 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    The Commander Jacket is available on http://www.john-anthony.com/barbour/coats-and-jackets/bar002-a13-olv/
    Went online today, so there's a full stock of sizes. Thats where I just bought one from :-)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    The Commander Jacket is available on http://www.john-anthony.com/barbour/coats-and-jackets/bar002-a13-olv/
    Went online today, so there's a full stock of sizes. Thats where I just bought one from :-)

I take it you got a great discount - seeing as you work there :v
    YNWA 97
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Aspecto have 10% of using code GIFT10

You can use this on the commander. Offer ends midnight 3rd July (London time)

Shame I already bought mine...
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    My first post and I wanted to comment on the Commander jacket which arrived today, I’ve referred to other posts on here which i found useful before buying so thought I’d write my thoughts and hope they help anyone else interested in buying this jacket.

I purchased a size small from EndClothing here in the UK and service was very good.

I’m 5’ 6’’ in height, average build and 36’’ chest. Jacket length is perfect at 28’’ and feels fitted across the chest and feels comfortable wearing a t-shirt/Henley with a thin sweater underneath like DC did, if I were to wear a thicker top it would make the jacket tight in the armpits, sleeve length is also spot on. I’m a 15‘’ shirt collar sizing and the Commander jacket around the neck is okay with the buttons done up, as you’d expect it is a snug fit with the storm flap buttoned.

I’ve a Barbour Sapper jacket which I wear in the worst of the winter weather and I’m usually warm in that jacket no matter how cold it is, the Commander jacket by comparison feels lighter and I’m guessing it will be fine for Spring, Autumn and even mild Winter conditions in the UK.

If details are important the spacing between the bottom two buttons on the jacket front is smaller than the top buttons. The Jacket colour is olive green (definitely not black).

If like me you don’t have this jacket from an earlier season I can tell you that overall quality is excellent (as usual for Barbour clothing), trimming on the sleeves, collar and pockets is a very good detail.

Apart from the three external pockets on the jacket front the poachers pocket on the rear is easily accessible and although it’s unlikely it will be used to carry a rabbit you’ve just bagged for your dinner it will be useful to hold a pair of gloves, hat or scarf. There are also two internal button up pockets (one left & right) which will make it feel more balanced when wearing it if you place items in these pockets.

Anyone with any queries please let me know.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    It's a cool jacket for sure. Anyone who missed out on the original should be more than happy with this new version.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Bond-on-a-BudgetBond-on-a-Budget ChicagoPosts: 101MI6 Agent
    edited July 2013
    It truly is a very nice jacket. Too bad I missed the TokiTo but I can't spend 1000+ on it right now... I have an addiction to Belstaff leather jackets I'm trying to break... The commander is a perfect alternative.
    James Bond: I tend to notice little things like that - whether a girl is a blonde or a brunette...
    Tiffany Case: And which do you prefer?
    James Bond: Well, as long as the collars and cuffs match...