Barbour Commander now for sale

Comments

• CmdrBond007CmdrBond007 Washington, DCPosts: 7MI6 Agent
    skinner007 wrote:
    can anyone tell me why there jacket looks black on this site? not Olive Green?

http://www.endclothing.com/catalog/product/view/id/117945/s/barbour-department-b-skyfall-commander-jacket/category/38/

thanks!
    I just got my "Commander" from end clothing on Saturday and while it does look black on the site i can assure you it is the olive color.
    "I said you're a bloody Idiot!"
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • massimomassimo Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Just received the jacket (size M) from Kafka.
    Perfect !
    Awesome jacket, colour, size and fitting, and the service from the store.
    Thanks to all the members for their help.
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Liberty in London has these in stock now (M, S). As far as I can see they are the same fit as the original Tokito, minus the good etc etc. Colour is exactly the same as before.
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    The Commander Jacket is available on http://www.john-anthony.com/barbour/coats-and-jackets/bar002-a13-olv/
    Went online today, so there's a full stock of sizes. Thats where I just bought one from :-)

I popped into Liberty last Friday on the way home from work and they only had a couple left, in small and medium, so I put my name down for a large to be ordered. However when I logged on her on Friday evening I saw the above post, now I don't know if Rachaellou25 works for John Anthony or not but I took the plunge and ordered one from them, £15 cheaper than Liberty and free postage.
    It arrived on Tuesday morning and I am delighted with the jacket and the excellent service I got from John-Anthony.com.

If anyone wants to take the one at Liberty I reserved on back order then PM me and I will let you know when they call me.

I have no association with either John Anthony or Liberty whatsoever and just wanted to pass on some feedback.
  • danger3000danger3000 Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    Hey,
    If anyone is still after the Tokito Beacon Heritage Sports Jacket I have one in a
    Medium. New and unworn with tags.
    Email danger3000@hotmail.co.uk
    Regards
  • danger3000danger3000 Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    Per above, medium now gone but XL available - emails to danger3000@hotmail.co.uk
    Thank you
  • roguetrooperXroguetrooperX Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    edited August 2013
    Managed to get one of the original run of Tokito Beacon Heritage Sports Jackets as soon as I knew it was connected to Bond. Always worn Barbour and love Bond -what more motivation do did I need? The wife has bought me the Dept B for my 40th. I fit the XL in the Tokito, but the lining is thinner and more shiny in the Plan B, and I'm able to slip in a Large (even with my broad shoulders). I agree with the post above regarding the 'bells and whistle'. The original is geared up for autumn winter (English/Scottish weather). Remove the hood and you have the coat from the film. The Dept B feels thinner and lighter and is more suited to spring/light autumn, plus its not SA because its had the wind panel removed. In conclusion, the Dept B is a great jacket and a great alternative for people who missed out on the original! But, my preference is the original. Feels quality, and as a UK resident, ticks all the boxes for our SA weather! #justsaying
  • 007 and a half007 and a half LondonPosts: 595MI6 Agent
    The Commander Jacket is available on http://www.john-anthony.com/barbour/coats-and-jackets/bar002-a13-olv/
    Went online today, so there's a full stock of sizes. Thats where I just bought one from :-)

I popped into Liberty last Friday on the way home from work and they only had a couple left, in small and medium, so I put my name down for a large to be ordered. However when I logged on her on Friday evening I saw the above post, now I don't know if Rachaellou25 works for John Anthony or not but I took the plunge and ordered one from them, £15 cheaper than Liberty and free postage.
    It arrived on Tuesday morning and I am delighted with the jacket and the excellent service I got from John-Anthony.com.

If anyone wants to take the one at Liberty I reserved on back order then PM me and I will let you know when they call me.

I have no association with either John Anthony or Liberty whatsoever and just wanted to pass on some feedback.

I paid £400 for my jacket in Liberty which is £1 more than John Anthony not £15 as you say.

http://www.liberty.co.uk/fcp/product/Liberty/JACKETS/Olive-Bond-Commander-Wax-Cotton-Jacket/90294
  • Double07Double07 London, UKPosts: 5MI6 Agent
    Just thought I would share my experience with the Commander as I had read mixed opinions on whether to size up or stick with your normal size.

I usually wear a large in most brands (apart from the BR peacoat which I took in an XL). I bought the Commander in both XL and L. To put this in context, I'm 6'4", broad shouldered, athletic build, 90kg, 42 inch chest and 35 inch waist.

The XL is perfect around the shoulders, chest and arms. It could be a little more fitted around the waist but all in all very pleased with the fit. The L on the other hand barely fits around the shoulders and pulls around the chest. When wearing a sweater underneath my arms struggle to fit through the arm holes.

In summary, I would seriously recommend to those who are torn as to whether to size up to do so (especially if you are broad around the shoulders and chest).

As for the jacket itself - love it and IMO good value for money when compared with the prices the Tokitos are fetching on ebay.
    Be careful what you wish for...
  • Batman007Batman007 Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    Niko wrote:
    My first post and I wanted to comment on the Commander jacket which arrived today, I’ve referred to other posts on here which i found useful before buying so thought I’d write my thoughts and hope they help anyone else interested in buying this jacket.

I purchased a size small from EndClothing here in the UK and service was very good.

I’m 5’ 6’’ in height, average build and 36’’ chest. Jacket length is perfect at 28’’ and feels fitted across the chest and feels comfortable wearing a t-shirt/Henley with a thin sweater underneath like DC did, if I were to wear a thicker top it would make the jacket tight in the armpits, sleeve length is also spot on. I’m a 15‘’ shirt collar sizing and the Commander jacket around the neck is okay with the buttons done up, as you’d expect it is a snug fit with the storm flap buttoned.

I’ve a Barbour Sapper jacket which I wear in the worst of the winter weather and I’m usually warm in that jacket no matter how cold it is, the Commander jacket by comparison feels lighter and I’m guessing it will be fine for Spring, Autumn and even mild Winter conditions in the UK.

If details are important the spacing between the bottom two buttons on the jacket front is smaller than the top buttons. The Jacket colour is olive green (definitely not black).

If like me you don’t have this jacket from an earlier season I can tell you that overall quality is excellent (as usual for Barbour clothing), trimming on the sleeves, collar and pockets is a very good detail.

Apart from the three external pockets on the jacket front the poachers pocket on the rear is easily accessible and although it’s unlikely it will be used to carry a rabbit you’ve just bagged for your dinner it will be useful to hold a pair of gloves, hat or scarf. There are also two internal button up pockets (one left & right) which will make it feel more balanced when wearing it if you place items in these pockets.

Anyone with any queries please let me know.
    What is your shoulder measurement?
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    edited August 2013
    17'' across the shoulders
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    has anyone from the States purchased this? If so from where? and How much?
  • asd007asd007 Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    I didn't purchase it, but I saw some last night at the J. Crew store in San Francisco. they were selling for $720.
    96mn12 wrote:
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    some pictures?
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    96mn12 wrote:

I purchased my Barbour jacket from EndClothing.com. Their price is $531, and they currently have every size in stock except Large.

http://www.endclothing.com/catalog/product/view/id/117945/s/barbour-department-b-skyfall-commander-jacket/category/38/
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    BLU8 wrote:
    96mn12 wrote:

I purchased my Barbour jacket from EndClothing.com. Their price is $531, and they currently have every size in stock except Large.

yes, me too.
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know if you can get a better price here in the US than what JCrew is charging?
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    Thank you!
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    You will probably pay an extra $100.00 for the customs fees that FedEx will invoice you for. Still it's cheaper than if you buy it from the local Barbour store who sell the commander for $720 plus tax.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:
    You will probably pay an extra $100.00 for the customs fees that FedEx will invoice you for. Still it's cheaper than if you buy it from the local Barbour store who sell the commander for $720 plus tax.
    No customs fees when I ordered from End, fast shipping and excellent service. I don't remember exactly how much shipping was, but the whole price was under $600.
  • mnowakmnowak Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Paid $530 including shipping from end
    edited August 2013
    just arrived my Barbour Commander from Kafka...

I have to say...horrible! The Cut is definitely different between the genuine SF Barbour and the Commander! It looks like an sports jacket at the bottom ( the bottom is too far apart )...sleeves too long and material feels thinner then the To Ki To...jacket goes back :#

-{
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    just arrived my Barbour Commander from Kafka...

I have to say...horrible! The Cut is definitely different between the genuine SF Barbour and the Commander! It looks like an sports jacket on the bottom...sleeves too long and material feels thinner then the To Ki To...jacket goes back :#

-{

Interesting comments. I have both jackets and i'm not sure what you mean by"it looks like an sports jacket at the bottom". Really curious. Any pics to compare before you send the commander back?
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    I'm pretty sure they are the same. Both are based off of a "sports jacket" and I've tried on the commander (own a Tokito) and they fit exactly the same and look the same. Maybe you got a bad jacket?

(Both images from Jcrew)
    10117_EC3725_m?$pdp_fs418$

03763_EC3725_m?$pdp_fs418$