The Man With The Golden Gun

Comments

• PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    No problem, Ill send you a PM.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • DelicatessenInSteelDelicatessenInSteel Posts: 181MI6 Agent
    The movie would have been awesomer with the cut scenes from the teaser trailer included.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUnOvXHXrPI
    1.MoonRaker 2.OHMSS 3.LALD 4.OP 5.FYEO 6.DR. NO 7.YOLT 8.LTK 9.CR 10.AVTAK
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    The movie would have been awesomer with the cut scenes from the teaser trailer included.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUnOvXHXrPI
    Holy crap! Where ARE those scenes?
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • ChromeJobChromeJob Durham, NC USAPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    Mr_Osato wrote:
    ... - I liked Ms Anders a lot, also a nice characyer that was underused.
    Hear, hear.

I watched SKYFALL again t'other night, I enjoy trying to identify all the homages to past films that they strung together in SF. Severine being taken off by slow boat, to a remote island, and eventually being killed with a single shot by that baddy, all harkens back to TMWTGG.
    20130316-5278_kingston_corvusbond_pussyposter_80x65.png
    “It reads better than it lives.” T. Case
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I've found a clip of the Corkscrew jump without the slide whistle. it happens quite a bit into the clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6iksKTURlA

The Bond theme kicks off when the car lands on the other side of the bridge
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    ChromeJob wrote:
    Mr_Osato wrote:
    ... - I liked Ms Anders a lot, also a nice characyer that was underused.
    Hear, hear.

I watched SKYFALL again t'other night, I enjoy trying to identify all the homages to past films that they strung together in SF. Severine being taken off by slow boat, to a remote island, and eventually being killed with a single shot by that baddy, all harkens back to TMWTGG.

yes me too I watched it again yesterday ,and the opening skyfall music score has DC blasting away at
    mirrors, sound familiar
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Mr MagnussonMr Magnusson Station S - SwedenPosts: 62MI6 Agent
    This movie is severly underrated. It is easily Moores best Bond-film, both performance wise and and overall. It is the last of the classic films and boy does it deliver.

It is top 5 material for me.
    One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    This movie is severly underrated.
    I tend to agree.
    It is easily Moores best Bond-film, both performance wise and and overall.
    Well, I won't go THAT far. It's one of my all time favourites, but honestly, for performance FYEO might be better, and OP is a more entertaining movie IMO...
  • SherbrookSherbrook Melbourne AustraliaPosts: 137MI6 Agent
    The theme song by Lulu cracks me up - the lyrics, the brass, the '70s guitar

Don't like the movie so much, especially the "Enter The Dragon"-style martial arts bit

Scaramanga's death scene was a bit of an anti-climax and the Nic Nac fight was just silly
    I must be dreaming
    Sherbrook wrote:
    The theme song by Lulu cracks me up - the lyrics, the brass, the '70s guitar
    Don't like the movie so much, especially the "Enter The Dragon"-style martial arts bit
    Scaramanga's death scene was a bit of an anti-climax and the Nic Nac fight was just silly
    You just summed up why I love the flick, except for John Barry's score as well. B-)
  • 007Smurf007Smurf Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    Its an okay movie at best, Rog is in good form, but The Spy Who Loved Me is my favorite Roger movie, the rest well, I'll stick to Dalton. :D
  • 007Smurf007Smurf Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    To me this movie has one major fault, the Villain completely over shadows Bond, Lee has so much screen presence that I think only Connery could adequately share a scene with him.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,378Chief of Staff
    Agreed, Lee has great presence. One reviewer at the time said that he knocked spots off Moore effortlessly.
    Barbel wrote:
    Agreed, Lee has great presence. One reviewer at the time said that he knocked spots off Moore effortlessly.
    A formidable foe, a better victory.
  • DelicatessenInSteelDelicatessenInSteel Posts: 181MI6 Agent
    Just saw it tonight..it's about as slow as FRWL but way more entertaining.. and needs a good ten minute trim...and needs the deleted scenes reinstated that show Scaramanga is a cheater. Other than that its still pretty freaking cool.
    1.MoonRaker 2.OHMSS 3.LALD 4.OP 5.FYEO 6.DR. NO 7.YOLT 8.LTK 9.CR 10.AVTAK
    Just saw it tonight..it's about as slow as FRWL but way more entertaining.. and needs a good ten minute trim...and needs the deleted scenes reinstated that show Scaramanga is a cheater. Other than that its still pretty freaking cool.
    Absolute agreement!
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    Absolute agreement!

You guys are drunk! TMWTGG can't touch FRWL! Sorry, but I had to say it! :D
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    Absolute agreement!

You guys are drunk! TMWTGG can't touch FRWL! Sorry, but I had to say it! :D

must be something in the water.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I re-watched TMWTGG recently (I'm re-watching them all) and I'm sorry to say that it's gone down drastically in my list. :(
    I'm still yet to edit my signature - I will do once I've re-watched them all and re-evaluated my list.

It's the story, it doesn't go anywhere.

Scaramanga is played fine, but his character serves little purpose. I agree that Christopher Lee is great, but that's about Scaramanga's only good point IMO - the actor who is playing him.

Moore is really grumpy and angry in this film. Shouting at Q about analysing the bullet, telling Goodnight to move her car, moaning about Phu Yuck.

M, Moneypenny, and Q also seem overly-grumpy for no good reason too.

And one of the best scenes of the film, is blemished by J W Pepper (why bring him back?), and that stupid slide-whistle.

But as mentioned, my biggest issue with the film is the lack of the story actually going anywhere. "The Man With The Golden Gun" is indeed the appropriate title for the film - because that's all it's about - a man who owns a golden gun.

It's just a bit 'event-less' for me...

I used to think this film was a decent-enough entry, but meh, it's gone down for me. Sorry TMWTGG fans.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    One of the best things I ever heard someone say about the plot is that it is silly that Andrea Anders sends Bond a bullet so he can come over to kill Scaramanga. She lives with him, on an island, guns everywhere, why not kill him yourself? And why doesn't she tell Bond that she wants him to kill Scaramanga when they meet in the hotel for the first time?
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Peppermill wrote:
    She lives with him, on an island, guns everywhere, why not kill him yourself?
    That's not a venue most terrified women pursue re: professional assassins.
    No, a much more plausible way would be to nick one of his golden bullets, etch 007 in it, get his fingerprints on a note and send it to MI6 to get Bond somehow going after your lover to kill him and at your first encounter with Bond say absolutely nothing about your plan.... :D
    Peppermill wrote:
    etch 007 in it
    Wait, how did she do that? ?:)
    Well, the bullet had 007 on it right?
    I mean how did she etch that on the bullet? Did she hire someone to do it? Did she do it herself with a file?
    Suddenly, this movie makes no sense. X-(
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Most shopping centres have a man who can do it, cuts keys too. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Most shopping centres have a man who can do it, cuts keys too. :D
    Oh, okay.
    I still like the movie then. -{
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    No problem Chrisisall. We all love what we love. It' only that I live in
    a rough neigbourhood and get sent bullets all the time, even send them now
    as Get worse cards. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I like this movie too, don't get me wrong. However, from a plot standpoint this movie is a bit all over the place. And I never thought about it before I heard someone say it like that.
    Get worse cards.
    Ha! That's SO Fleming! :007) -{