The man BORN to play a Bond villain.

That is all.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Christopher Lee.

Sir Christopher Frank Carandini Lee.

The man BORN to play a Bond villain.

That is all.
    Agreed. If there were a few things amiss in that film; he was certainly not one of them.
    Peeps slate this movie endlessly, yet I have a great deal of fun with it on every viewing. And when the slide whistle comes up, I *mute* it, making the film even better.
    The next three films weren't even worthy of a Barry score, heh heh! :007)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    The next three films weren't even worthy of a Barry score, heh heh!

What ARE you talking about? Moonraker has a gorgeous Barry score.
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    Watched TMWTGG again last night and I must say I was surprised with how many brutal and serious parts of the film were included as I'd always viewed it as one of Moore's lighter entries in the series. In fact the first half an hour or so stands toe to toe with the atmosphere and tone of some of Connery's best work. It's a shame that large parts of the film are spoilt by some silly moments (flying cars, karate schoolgirls, J.W Pepper etc).

I must say that I don't have a single problem with the first 1 hour and 20 minutes of the film.
    Unfortunately, several things go wrong in a very short period of time and the film's reputation suffers accordingly. Mary Goodnight bumbles the Solex recovery and gets locked in the boot, which leads to an incredible poor car chase involving J.W. Pepper and the infamous slide-whistle sound effect.
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
    Firemass wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    The next three films weren't even worthy of a Barry score, heh heh!

What ARE you talking about? Moonraker has a gorgeous Barry score.
    Crikey, I blame this on a long and arduous day. Plus the fact that I don't watch MR at all these days.

Basically, LALD & TSWLM are fun romps. TMWTGG is as close to Fleminesque as a younger Moore would get IMHO.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Even though you know that Bond is going to win, the Duel between him and Sacramanga in the Funhouse is still rather tense -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Firemass wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:
    I used to think this film was a decent-enough entry, but meh, it's gone down for me. Sorry TMWTGG fans.

Jarvio, It's kinda funny how we have such different taste in the Roger Moore era. We're both fans obviously, but where you pick LALD I prefer TMWTGG. You have FYEO & OP in your top 5, but I have TSWLM & MR instead. Our only common ground is that AVTAK rules. -{

I admit that my love for LALD is largely nostalgia-driven. But I do think TMWTGG could have used some work. Scaramanga is excellent as is his island, but the story is lacking for me, and (even though I don't mind Moore-esque comedy) I feel there is too much of it in TMWTGG. MR I think is fine up until space. Bond and space don't mix IMO. TSWLM is great though, no issues with that one, just that I prefer others to it. And yes, AVTAK rules!
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    I just did a holiday Moore marathon, and yeah, TMWTGG moved down some on my list... I guess LALD is my favourite now.