Regarding the Kara hate...

13»

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    None of us is wrong in our opinion, but no matter how many times you will tell me otherwise, I will still see Kara's character as annoying and wet.
    I bow to your considered opinion, and your graceful allowance of mine to differ. I truly enjoy the ability to agree to disagree here at AJB! -{
    Thanks Lexi, and you too Blackleiter.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    None of us is wrong in our opinion, but no matter how many times you will tell me otherwise, I will still see Kara's character as annoying and wet.
    I bow to your considered opinion, and your graceful allowance of mine to differ. I truly enjoy the ability to agree to disagree here at AJB! -{
    Thanks Lexi, and you too Blackleiter.

De nada, my friend!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I find the character of Kara very child like. Hence I can see Bond
    wanting to help and protect her but can't see how he'd be attracted
    to her. Then again it is Bond so he'd be attracted to Any woman. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Then again it is Bond so he'd be attracted to Any woman. :D
    As long as she's not a skater in need of an ice cream. :))
    :)) True
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    So who's hotter, Kara or Bibi? :v
    chrisisall wrote:
    So who's hotter, Kara or Bibi? :v

Okay, now I'm on your side. Kara all the way. Bibi - zero appeal.
    Bibi would spend all day on her phone texting, " hearting " things she liked and
    saying " whatever" . All very annoying. :)) So I too would be going for Kara. :D
  • Mr_OsatoMr_Osato Posts: 398MI6 Agent
    Kara is sweet and innocent. But also totally boring. Would Bond have succeeded in his mission without Kara? Without a doubt yes. It has been a while since I saw TLD but I could not remember Kara doing anything useful except being a bait for Georgi.

Kara was a realistic Bond girl I suppose. Like someone pointed out, she was not a Jinx, which is the other side of the spectrum. And also 10 times more annoying sadly.

So to me Kara was not an annoying Bond girl, but very much forgetable.

BTW BL, finally found something we can disagree on: Besides the fact that Domino was abolsutely hot (not your average soccer mom type like Kara) she also saved Bond's live at the end of TB. Plus she looked damn hot in a bikini.
    OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Brosnan 4. Dalton 5. Lazenby 6. Moore
    Mr_Osato wrote:
    Plus she looked damn hot in a bikini.
    Did she? Never noticed.

:)) :D :v ;)
    Mr_Osato wrote:
    Kara is sweet and innocent. But also totally boring. Would Bond have succeeded in his mission without Kara? Without a doubt yes. It has been a while since I saw TLD but I could not remember Kara doing anything useful except being a bait for Georgi.

Kara was a realistic Bond girl I suppose. Like someone pointed out, she was not a Jinx, which is the other side of the spectrum. And also 10 times more annoying sadly.

So to me Kara was not an annoying Bond girl, but very much forgetable.

BTW BL, finally found something we can disagree on: Besides the fact that Domino was abolsutely hot (not your average soccer mom type like Kara) she also saved Bond's live at the end of TB. Plus she looked damn hot in a bikini.

To me, no Bond Girl looks hotter in a bikini than Jinx. Still doesn't make her a good Bond Girl, though. I'm not saying Domino isn't good looking. I just don't think she's that interesting or memorable. But hey, we can't agree on everything, right?
  • Mr_OsatoMr_Osato Posts: 398MI6 Agent
    If you turn the sound of, Jinx would probably be in the top 5 hottest Bond girls for me. But the acting, the lines she had to say, where so bad and so un-sexy, the whole attraction got lost on me eventually. Such a shame, because Halle Berry is an absolute stunner.
    OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Brosnan 4. Dalton 5. Lazenby 6. Moore
    Mr_Osato wrote:
    If you turn the sound of, Jinx would probably be in the top 5 hottest Bond girls for me. But the acting, the lines she had to say, where so bad and so un-sexy, the whole attraction got lost on me eventually. Such a shame, because Halle Berry is an absolute stunner.

You nailed me! When Jinx is on I hit the mute button and enjoy the view! :))
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    The only two 'Bond Girls' that I would go so far as to actually state that I have trouble watching are Kara and Bibi. I would agree with every negative opinion on Kara in this thread. I feel it is a poor character or shallow depth and little purpose, and quite frankly, poorly acted. Bibi just makes me squirm uncomfortably. I may not love Grace Jones but that's purely down to personal preference, whereas Kara and Bibi I genuinely feel are damaging to the film series.
    Have you seen "Swordfish"?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,448Chief of Staff
    chrisisall wrote:

I'd think everybody's seen them... I mean, it.
    chrisisall wrote:

Yes I have. First, Halle Berry's acting was much better than in DAD. Secondly, her topless scene is probably one of the most gratuitous, unnecessary, out-of-left field scenes of the sort I have ever witnessed. (But I had to rewind back to that scene at least a dozen times to make sure. In fact, I'm still not sure I saw what I saw. Hold on - I need to go check again!)

BTW - I'm sure you've checked out Monster's Ball by now, right? Of course, I only ask because it was directed by Marc Forster, director of one of your favorite Bonds. Er......yeah, that's the reason. :D
    I'm still not sure I saw what I saw. Hold on - I need to go check again!
    heh heh
    BTW - I'm sure you've checked out Monster's Ball by now, right? Of course, I only ask because it was directed by Marc Forster, director of one of your favorite Bonds
    Actually, I've not seen it. My rule of thumb is if there's no martial arts/fights or it's not in space, I'm probably not interested.
    chrisisall wrote:
    I'm still not sure I saw what I saw. Hold on - I need to go check again!
    heh heh
    BTW - I'm sure you've checked out Monster's Ball by now, right? Of course, I only ask because it was directed by Marc Forster, director of one of your favorite Bonds
    Actually, I've not seen it. My rule of thumb is if there's no martial arts/fights or it's not in space, I'm probably not interested.

Well, for one thing you get to see a lot more of Halle than you see in DAD and Swordfish combined! In case you're interested. :007)
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    I can understand the dislike for Kara. Many prefer someone with more confidence and an "I don't take crap from anyone" attitude for a Bond woman.

Personally, I like D'Abo's take. She convinced me of being a very young, naive innocent being taken advantage of. I really enjoyed it when she cursed at Bond for planning on risking his life then he asked her if she called him a horse's ass. It seemed like a genuine moment of levity to me. I also enjoyed it when she took off after him on horse and it was followed by the"Women!" exclamation. You could see it in the faces of those men that their thinking..."she has more balls than us by riding off to fight". Her character brought the right amount of humor to the film in spots and I though fit the plot fine for me. For a realistic, strong, intelligent, independent woman in a Bond film, I really like Natalya in GE.
    Thank you, Commander!