Skyfall Tom Ford Suit Details

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Hi Andy

Im afraid the Skyfall ties have never been available in shops, some of us were lucky with a custom order a few months back

Good luck with the suit and post some pics!!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Hi Andy

Im afraid the Skyfall ties have never been available in shops, some of us were lucky with a custom order a few months back

Good luck with the suit and post some pics!!!!

Thanks for the post, I will have to keep my ears and eyes to the ground on that one. I will have to see what they currently have on offer that's near the Skyfall style.
    Are you getting one of the Skyfall suits? If so which one
    I believe the style is the same as the Skyfall suits but the fabric isn't as its a cashmere / wool blend which is a dark blue in colour. I will post more pictures once its arrived, as its been 8 long weeks.

I didn't know you could order the Skyfall suits, as I did ask in Selfridges but the assistant was only aware of the style which is the O'Conner I believe and not the colours. However, now I have seen the fabric samples at on the front page of this thread I will enquire when I collect my current suit.

On a side note, does any one have the overcoat to match the suit?
    Have you been to the new London TF store in Knightsbridge???
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Have you been to the new London TF store in Knightsbridge???

I only thought they had 2 stores in London, one being Selfridges and other being Harrods.

Do they have more details then on the Skyfall clothing range?
    I was over a few weeks back and popped into Harrods and Selfridges and totally forgot about the new Tom Ford store. Believe it opened in Aug
    That's not too far from where I work, so I'll have to pop in and have a look around at lunch.

On another side note, are the shirts from Skyfall MTM or MTO and are they in a particular style?
    edited April 2018
    Just collected my TF suit today. :D

I am very impressed with it. They are also going to see if they can order me the Skyfall Overcoat as well as ether a MTM or MTO. :007)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Beautiful...lucky you -{
    YNWA 97
    Is that a shirt and a couple of ties also (boxes)

Congrats!!! {[]
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Is that a shirt and a couple

Indeed it is.

TF004.jpg

Just need to sort out the cuff links now, I did ask in Selfridges but they don't stock them there.
    Cool!!!!! Bet your looking forward wearing it!!!!!!!!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Cool!!!!! Bet your looking forward wearing it!!!!!!!!

Indeed I am. :007)
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    {[] Congrats, beautiful stuff! Wear it well!
    {[] Congrats, beautiful stuff! Wear it well!

Thank you. I am totally blown away with how well this suit fits, I know it was a lot of money but its worth it.

I hope to get another one in the New Year, in ether the "Light grey super 110 Sharkskin" or "Small Herringbone" at the moment I am leaning towards the Sharkskin one. However, that's a good few months away yet.
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Lovely suit - did you specifically want peak lapels, rather than notch?
    edited November 2013
    Yup, I believe its the O'Conner cut unless I am wrong which I could possibly be... :))
  • dr godr go Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    Congrats - lovely suit.

was just wondering where you got the TF wooden hanger from? I am looking to get some TF wooden hangers for my TF suit and jackets. I was only given grey plastic ones which are nice and functional but I just feel the jackets look so much smarter hanging on the wooden hangers!
    When I bought the suits, I was told I couldn't buy the wooden hangers but that the suits only came with plastic ones.

Cheers
    ps. The TF cufflinks are available at the TF London store in gold and white gold - I have seen them there a few months ago.
    Thank you.

That's odd, mine came with the suit when I collected it from Selfridges.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    That is strange...all TF suits should come with wooden hangars...sometimes they use the grey ones for transport and shipping but always include wooden ones...
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    I've seen plastic hangars. It depends on location and availability I guess.
  • dr godr go Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    I rang Harrods today (where I bought the suits from approx 2 years ago) and they told me that currently, their MTM suits come with wooden hangers and the RTW suits come with plastic hangers.
    The TF store, however, give wooden hangers with all their suits.
    The assistant at Harrods is going to try and get me a wooden hanger anyway.
    Cheers
    Just had a update on the coat, they can order this in for me in the dark navy like in Skyfall. The only difference is its MTM. So look like another 8 week wait.
  • RAINbowTRAILRAINbowTRAIL AmsterdamPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    Really nice suit!

The coat is especially nice, do realise that the buttons are on the big side (fashion forward). Got mine in Milan. My SF suit and (really beautiful) coat with the grey hangers apparently... -{

DSC_0045.jpg
    Really nice suit!

The coat is especially nice, do realise that the buttons are on the big side (fashion forward). Got mine in Milan. My SF suit and (really beautiful) coat with the grey hangers apparently... -{

DSC_0045.jpg

Oh wow. I need to book a appointment for a fitting on the coat, just need to find some free time now off work. :))

I didn't know the buttons are on the large side. How does it effect the overall look?
  • RAINbowTRAILRAINbowTRAIL AmsterdamPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    The buttons I think help the overall TF look, so don't worry ;) However, at some point it might look a little dated.

The material (very heavy) of the coat is really something and the coat has all the little 'sartorial' details. It got straight shoulders and is otherwise very close fitted. This is of particular importance if you do MTM, because you have to realise that you want to be able to wear a suit (close fitted TF - forget more wided fitted) under it. I've got a EU48 suit with a EU50 coat, which works great for the coat as I do wear it with a suit at times but a lot with just a jumper.

I will post some pictures of the coat later... without my face and GF al over the place :007) I am not out of the Bond closet just yet...

DSC_0104.jpg
    Whats retail price on the coat??
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Whats retail price on the coat??

I've been quoted £2790 in MTM or £2500 MTO from the TF store directly. Ironically Selfridges came in at £2700 in MTM.
    The buttons I think help the overall TF look, so don't worry ;) However, at some point it might look a little dated.

The material (very heavy) of the coat is really something and the coat has all the little 'sartorial' details. It got straight shoulders and is otherwise very close fitted. This is of particular importance if you do MTM, because you have to realise that you want to be able to wear a suit (close fitted TF - forget more wided fitted) under it. I've got a EU48 suit with a EU50 coat, which works great for the coat as I do wear it with a suit at times but a lot with just a jumper.

That's interesting and good to know. My suit is a 54 (44 in UK sizing) so it will be interesting to how the fitting goes as I prefer a fitted look. Like you have mentioned I do plan to wear it with and without the suit.

Thanks.