• RAINbowTRAILRAINbowTRAIL AmsterdamPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    As promised, some pictures of the coat

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    As promised, some pictures of the coat

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

Does your coat look in some lights almost very very dark blue, I've seen a couple of photos with Craig wearing his too and looks like it almost has a blue tinge to it?
    Ross
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    As above, when I ordered mine from the TF store I was a dark navy blue. I am guessing you used a flash in them pictures or the white balance is a little off.
    The quality of the pictures is way off, the color in the back should (or rather is) white.

There is definitely a very bluish tinge to the coat. Inside it looks almost black, but outside its more of a blue. The lighting and direction significantly changes the visual aspect of the coat :007).
    967596_562609440474566_657022931_n.jpg

Same day, in the sun
    1471181_562606637141513_2117917973_n.jpg
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    The quality of the pictures is way off, the color in the back should (or rather is) white.

There is definitely a very bluish tinge to the coat. Inside it looks almost black, but outside its more of a blue. The lighting and direction significantly changes the visual aspect of the coat :007).

Beautiful coat and beautiful setting!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I am really looking forward to mine now.

Looking at your pictures, it can used as a formal / informal coat which is a huge plus as originally I had it down as a more formal item. As the BR, I don't think looks correct with trainers. :))
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    ajd_007 wrote:
    I am really looking forward to mine now.

Looking at your pictures, it can used as a formal / informal coat which is a huge plus as originally I had it down as a more formal item. As the BR, I don't think looks correct with trainers. :))

I don't think it works so well casually, whilst the pea coat would much better work in that setting.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Looking at it again, your right. :)
    Matt S wrote:

Beautiful coat and beautiful setting!

Thanks for the compliments!

The first picture was taken at the courtyard of the Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana and the second one on the belevedere the Piazzale Michelangelo. As for the white canvas Purcells, there a bit of a faux pass...
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    Any info on USA TF suits pricing?

Is the Kazan QoS coat still available? I think that was affordable
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The Kazan exact fabric is not available anymore...it was about $5500 in it's day...
    I've just ordered my TF suit this afternoon in the Bond "Small Herringbone Navy Blue / Midnight blue". TF have changed the O'Conner suit design for 2014, as its going back to a more traditional double vent which I personally prefer.

I also collect my Skyfall TF London coat next week, all I can say is wow. It really does fit like a glove and feels very soft to the hand.

I am looking forward to the finished suit, I just have a 8 week wait now. :( :D :007)
    I've collected my coat today and to say I am a little over the moon with it is a understatement. :D

TF01.jpg
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Beautiful -congrats! -{

Mine is ready, but not picking it up for a few weeks, due to work commitments.
    edited February 2014
    Btw, did you specify 4 buttons on each cuff of the TF coat?
    Holden wrote:
    Btw, did you specify 4 buttons on each cuff of the TF coat?

There are 5 the last one is undone. :)
    Yep, I know. The last button hole undone is a TF trade mark.

What I'm getting at is that the off the rack version of this coat and the SA version worn in Skyfall have only 3 button holes (2 buttons showing). Did you ask for more on yours?
    No. That's interesting.

Has this been done wrong? X-(
    Oops! 8-)

Not sure what you could do, would need new sleeves, I think.
    Strange that they've fitted more buttons?
    One of the things that makes this coat a little different IMO is just the 2 buttons showing.
    Was yours MTO, or MTM?
    edited February 2014
    It was a MTM.

If that is the case... I give up.. :(
    That's the more expensive option then. Did it come fully finished when you went for your fitting?
    No, It was unfinished.
    That's what I thought. I assume they finish it locally??
    If so, whoever did it, might not realise that this coat is not like the 'run of the mill' TF suits/coats that have 5 buttons. So if you didn't specify....
    No. I didn't specify anything. :(

Have you done that with yours?
    I will be doing!!
    :(
    What it should be like.....

2B449414-2804-45BA-B915-F1D8C1A7031A-18563-0000054A413AB0A8_zps5f95e273.jpg
    Ahh right I wasn't aware of that. Where was that picture from just out of curiously?
    It's a pic of one of the AJB members' off the rack coat - but if you scrutinise stills from the film, the cuffs are the same.
    I see. I did have a look for some more detailed pictures on here, clearly I done a poor job. There isn't a huge amount I can do with the coat now, I am still happy with it but I guess I should have done my research better.