Any ajb meetings?

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,336Chief of Staff
    Have fun, guys! :)
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    He might try and dull your synaptic responses by plying you with spiced rum. Watch out.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I doubt we will have the time for rum, he has to be back in his cell before 5pm I think.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,584Chief of Staff
    Nah...he just brings cake :(
    YNWA 97
    Yummy Stollen, I love it, the trouble is nobody else does in my house so I get it all to myself :D

Fat B@stard, yeah I know :)) ;%
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    edited November 2013
    I'm up for meeting you lot, I've already met Bondtoys, (yummy stollen, thank you :x ) Asp9mm, Danjaq_0ff, ppw306r, Sir Miles, minigeff and ke02eww...London is much better for everyone I think...so we just need a location and date. National Gallery would be good...and central.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    I'm up for meeting you lot, I've already met Bondtoys, (yummy stollen, thank you :x ) Asp9mm, Danjaq_0ff, ppw306r, Sir Miles, minigeff and ke02eww...London is much better for everyone I think...so we just need a location and date. National Gallery would be good...and central.

Only problem with meeting at the National Gallery is that you can only get a maximum of three people on that bench in front of 'The Fighting Temeraire' at any one time.
    And the National Gallery only allows stollen in the German wing.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:

Only problem with meeting at the National Gallery is that you can only get a maximum of three people on that bench in front of 'The Fighting Temeraire' at any one time.

Nah, the bench is gone... And the painting is off to one side.... :(
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Lexi wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

It's in the same place, but they just CGI'd the doorway out.
    Im all stocked up on Stollen :D and it is calling to me ;%
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

No bench when I was there in late May either (was also next to a doorway)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,279MI6 Agent
    And the painting looks nothing like that in real life, it has a submarine in the bottom right hand corner.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    And the painting looks nothing like that in real life, it has a submarine in the bottom right hand corner.

The one from TSWLM, right?
    Yeah, Turner was ahead of his time in many respects, he doesn't get any credit for it.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Here's the train from FRWL though:

rain-steam.jpg

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Yeah, some say he modelled that painting on the destruction of the Liparus from TSWLM too (it was his favourite Bond film):

image.jpg
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Pre-credits of DAD:

turner001.jpg

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Turner/Tanner...same thing.
  • Red Wine With FishRed Wine With Fish Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Im up for a London meet if one can be arranged.
  • jamesm123jamesm123 LondonPosts: 182MI6 Agent
    Me too. I guess it's up to the moderators/boss men of this site to arrange it? As long as it isn't in a wetherspoons!
    jamesm123 wrote:
    Me too. I guess it's up to the moderators/boss men of this site to arrange it? As long as it isn't in a wetherspoons!

Nope, it's up to us as individuals to arrange it. They look after our site, not our social lives.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    … and noone really wants to look after YOUR so-called social life :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    I doubt we will have the time for rum, he has to be back in his cell before 5pm I think.

was great to meeting you again, mate and thanks for making the long way down to meet us.

I am also happy, that you liked the OHMSS ring in Platinum on my very own Bondgirl Cathypenny :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,336Chief of Staff
    Asp9mm wrote:
    jamesm123 wrote:

Nope, it's up to us as individuals to arrange it. They look after our site, not our social lives.

+1. :)
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

was great to meeting you again, mate and thanks for making the long way down to meet us.

I am also happy, that you liked the OHMSS ring in Platinum on my very own Bondgirl Cathypenny :D

Erm...was there an AJB007 meeting that I didn't know about??? Boo hoo :(
    Bondtoys wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

It was great seeing you both, well worth the trip :)

The ring is very nice, good to see Cathy wearing it for a change :D
    Bondtoys wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

Erm...was there an AJB007 meeting that I didn't know about??? Boo hoo :(

It was more like meet the Fockers :D
  • RikRik Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    Has anyone ever considered making this site into an actual Fan Club of sorts? Regular Monthly meets are arranged by many such clubs and I'm sure this could be sorted here.