SPECTRE and Blofeld back in the mix

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    I have always hoped for a return of spectre, Back when Brossa was Bond I would have like to have seen Blofelds daughter up against him :o

But now, Im with some of you guys and would like to see Quantum become SPRCTRE, Mr White already set it up with pointing out we are everywhere, like SPECTRE their testicles everywhere :D

But make Blofeld cool but creepy with some nasty b@stard side kick -{

They have alot of Testicles then :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Bolas 007 !
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    I have always hoped for a return of spectre, Back when Brossa was Bond I would have like to have seen Blofelds daughter up against him :o

But now, Im with some of you guys and would like to see Quantum become SPRCTRE, Mr White already set it up with pointing out we are everywhere, like SPECTRE their testicles everywhere :D

But make Blofeld cool but creepy with some nasty b@stard side kick -{

They have alot of Testicles then :))

Yes, apart from that one guy that only has one :D
    Blofeld could return to Bond movies http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24999407

The BBC have the story. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    Oh wow. Ben Kingsley with the scar!
    Now that would be amazing casting.

He could even reprise some 'Sexy Beast' dialogue to explain SPECTRE's motivation: "It's the charge, it's the bolt, it's the buzz, it's the sheer f*ck off-ness of it all." :D
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    In my opinion,

Nothing could be 'awesomer' than seeing James Bond vs. Blofield again...

Anyways, SF made this possible so I hope the powers that be really are considering it.
  • Miken AyersMiken Ayers Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    Kent007 wrote:
    If it's going to happen, I'd like to see Blofeld become the head of Quantum.
    I don't see the point of bringing in a new organisation when the producers have already left one unresolved.

They could always say the entire organization fell to pieces after the opera house scene in Quantum of Solace. Their strength lied in their secrecy which was pretty much done with at that point.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I honestly don't want SPECTRE or Blofeld to return - to put it simply, they're part of the past, and should stay that way IMO.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    I don't want the 1960s style Blofeld and SPECTRE back again, that would be like bad fan fiction, but I wouldn't mind the Quantum story arc wrapped up and it involves a revamped Blofeld as one of the Quantum syndicates' main kingpins (that's as different to the OldBond movie series Blofeld as the Ian Fleming book series Blofeld was).
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    I would love to see Blofeld return. The weakest aspect of all of the Bonds of the past 30 years has been humdrum villains. LeChiffre -- and it helped that he was played by a talented actor -- was the only truly interesting one of the lot. A super villain like Blofeld is exactly what Craig's Bond films needs to take him from being the dour killing machine in his early days to the in-his-element Bond of the Connery days. As for the Quantum thing, a great opening sequence would be for the Quantum people to be assembled somewhere, a la the opera scene, and then to be wiped out -- Mr. White and all. Then SPECTRE just moves into their apparatus, leaving anyone still alive to join them or be exterminated. At this point, SPECTRE could make its number one priority killing Bond, since he so obviously twarted Quantum's efforts.
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    I would love to see Blofeld return. The weakest aspect of all of the Bonds of the past 30 years has been humdrum villains. LeChiffre -- and it helped that he was played by a talented actor -- was the only truly interesting one of the lot. A super villain like Blofeld is exactly what Craig's Bond films needs to take him from being the dour killing machine in his early days to the in-his-element Bond of the Connery days. As for the Quantum thing, a great opening sequence would be for the Quantum people to be assembled somewhere, a la the opera scene, and then to be wiped out -- Mr. White and all. Then SPECTRE just moves into their apparatus, leaving anyone still alive to join them or be exterminated. At this point, SPECTRE could make its number one priority killing Bond, since he so obviously twarted Quantum's efforts.

Quite right. As for the decimation of Quantum, I believe Richard Maibaum had a similar idea for the start of his SPY WHO LOVED ME script draft - a group of radical terrorists wiping out SPECTRE - but Broccoli thought it too political.
    Yes I remember reading that, he wanted the old guard killed off and
    A bunch of young terrorist types to take over. So perhaps the heads of
    Quantum could be killed and a young radical Blofeld could take over. :))
    BIG TAM wrote:
    Gassy Man wrote:

Quite right. As for the decimation of Quantum, I believe Richard Maibaum had a similar idea for the start of his SPY WHO LOVED ME script draft - a group of radical terrorists wiping out SPECTRE - but Broccoli thought it too political.
    Wow, forgot about that -- good point, BIG TAM.
    Yes I remember reading that, he wanted the old guard killed off and
    A bunch of young terrorist types to take over. So perhaps the heads of
    Quantum could be killed and a young radical Blofeld could take over. :))
    Actually, that's a very good way to go. Make Blofeld significantly younger so that he's less a caricature and more a redefinition. A really big shift would be to make him a woman.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Erika Stavro Blofeld?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    Erika Stavro Blofeld?

Or just use Nena Bismaquer (Blofeld's daughter)....but I doubt Eon ever would...
    YNWA 97
    In Craig's timeline there was no Blofeld, so Blofeld's daughter wouldn't make any sense.
    Typical woman then. :)) {:)
    I'm such a sexist.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    But not a misogynist dinosaur!
    Oh, that as well. I just couldn't spell it. :D
    I'm not sure about a female Blofeld, but Erna is girls masse i some Nordic countries Estonia, Germany and Bosnia
    Masse?
    ? ?:)
    To be honest Number 24, I don't know what " masse " means either, :)) but
    I've already proven to Barbel that I'm not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. :))
    You're definitely wrong about that, TP!
    Number 24, we just don't understand what you mean- could you rephrase?
  • RAINbowTRAILRAINbowTRAIL AmsterdamPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    I think he means its a girls name in some nothern european contries...
    {[] Makes sense. -{
    You must remember English isn't my first language. Norwegian is, and frankly I find that more than difficult enough. We even find the need to ad three extra letters to the alphabet, so is it any wonder I prefer sign-language? :#

There is a lot to be said about the name 'Masse', including that it means 'Galore' in Norwegian, but 'Erna' has the advantage of sounding a lot like 'Ernst'.
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    You must remember English isn't my first language. Norwegian is, and frankly I find that more than difficult enough. We even find the need to ad three extra letters to the alphabet, so is it any wonder I prefer sign-language? :#

There is a lot to be said about the name 'Masse', including that it means 'Galore' in Norwegian, but 'Erna' has the advantage of sounding a lot like 'Ernst'.
    I just hope we don't get a Bond girl with "Masse Galore"
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
    Galore Galore ?:)