SPECTRE and Blofeld back in the mix

Comments

• Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    If they make Blofeld female, cast the great Helen Mirren.
  • scotty8692scotty8692 Posts: 137MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    If they make Blofeld female, cast the great Helen Mirren.

Just thinking, what about a female villain? Would it work? I know we had Elektra, but usually the 'bad girls' have been relegated to henchwoman roles. I'm guessing it wouldn't be very PC for Bond to fight against a woman though.
    They just need to find someone who has the gravitas to make it believable -- and I would believe Helen Mirren as a world dominatrix, so to speak. If they allowed her to be more than just a caricature, she could play one of the more memorable villains in the series.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I think a younger woman with the rigt actin skills and gravitas could be good.

Tricia Helfer from Battlestar Galactica is promising:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1065454/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Jennifer Connelly is another actress wha has the age, looks, inteligence and acting skills to be convincing:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1065454/?ref_=nv_sr_1
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    How about Rachel Weisz.
    What makes you think this is my first time?
    Cate Blanchet should be a candidate. What am I doing? I'm not sure it's a good idea to make Blofeld a woman, in fact I'm not sure they should bring him/her back at all ... :s
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    John Malkovich would be another good choice.
    While Javier Bardem was briliant in Skyfall, I think we should be careful not to use actors mainly known for playing villans in the part of Blofeld. John Malcowich is a briliant actor, but I belive many people see him as a movie villan.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    It would be good to have someone who could alter physically, as he does in the book.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    BIG TAM wrote:
    John Malkovich would be another good choice.
    Malkovich's increasing resemblence to Victor Meldrew rules him out.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :))
    Every time I see him in something now, I'll be thinking Victor Meldrew. I don't believe it ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • fire and icefire and ice EarthPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    One could say Quantum was destroyed in QoS and Blofeld buildt SPECTRE from the ashes. I think Frank Langella would make a good Blofeld.

Good call Langella would make a great Blofeld.
    '...exceptionally fine shot...'
  • schaduwoogschaduwoog Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    One could say Quantum was destroyed in QoS and Blofeld buildt SPECTRE from the ashes. I think Frank Langella would make a good Blofeld.

Good call Langella would make a great Blofeld.

Langella looks a bit tiny to me. Although I'm a great fan of Pleasance, Savalas is much less 'you can just push him over'. Blofeld needs a strong physique. Langella doensnt to me (judged from google pictures).
    Frank Langela is 6'2''.

frank_langella_16036.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Frank Langela can play a brilliant menacing character. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Does anyone think Blofeld should be an unseen figure or physically appear in the flesh? I prefer the unseen figure as it seems more menacing.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Number24 wrote:
    Frank Langela is 6'2''.

frank_langella_16036.jpg

Yeah but i don't mean the length, just appearance. He's not physically dangerous. Which doesn't need to be, but it would be a plus.
    Does anyone think Blofeld should be an unseen figure or physically appear in the flesh? I prefer the unseen figure as it seems more menacing.

Yes! Would be great! Just show strong hands stroking a cat.
    I suggested Frank Langella for the part years ago in a book review. He defintely would make a good Blofeld.
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    It is interesting that screenwriter John Logan recently said in an interview when asked about the possibility of Blofeld returning, Logan's teasing reply was, "You know, I think our villain's appropeiate to the story we're telling".
    It's starting to sound like Blofeld might be in the next movie. Is it too soon?
    Remember, we all were guessing what role Ralph Fiennes was playing in Bond 23 (Skyfall). Some thought it would be Blofeld. Others wondered if Javier Bardem would be Blofeld.
    I'm ready for the return of Blofeld and his diamond-collared white cat.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I don't think saying "the villain is appropriate to the story" hints in any way, shape, form, means, or end to Blofeld. It's a pretty vague statement--it could mean if the plot deals with virtual reality then the villain is a computer genius. Let's not get carried away by our wishes and desires. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Am I the only one that really doesn't want Blofeld back?
    Don't get me wrong, I'd like a 'Blofeld-esque' character that is the leader of Quantum. But Blofeld himself, with the cat, and SPECTRE? I feel all that is part of bond history, part of the Connery era, and should stay that way...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Do you think SPECTRE and Blofeld would've worked during RM's reign? Personally i think it wouldn't as it would've been too much
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    I can just see the writers thinking....."We'll have Quantum renamed as SPECTRE since they're existence has been blown by Bond and he'll discover Blofeld to be the head of the group.".
    schaduwoog wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Frank Langela is 6'2''.

frank_langella_16036.jpg

Yeah but i don't mean the length, just appearance. He's not physically dangerous. Which doesn't need to be, but it would be a plus.

Nice to hear Langelle or myself are not tiny (since I'm also 6'2'') Reminds me of my military service. The neighbour barracks was for a cavalry reconaisance unit. They had a soldier who everyone called "Tiny" and he was aboout 6' 5'' tall. We had several soldiers that tall in my unit too, but for some reason they were all cooks! :)) )
    I agree Langela is wrong if Blofeld himself is going to fight Bond. An actor like Tom Hardy would be better for that type of villan. But for a more background figure/despatch the henchemen-type Blofeld, Langela would be very good.
  • James007SweeneyJames007Sweeney Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    oh yeah and Chris Farley could play goldfinger. I know that Blofeld will be back in Bond 24 but my source tells me Michael Sheen is to play him. He was originally suppose to be in a previous idea before Skyfall came to fruition, but I hear he was only on the back burner. I would also remind you as per OHMSS Blofeld always made drastic changes to his appearance under the surgeons knife.
    You only live twice: Once when you are born. And once when you look death in the face.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    I know that Blofeld will be back in Bond 24 but my source tells me Michael Sheen is to play him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvqal3Ul-zc#t=12
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Blofeld & SPECTRE should return as they're classic elements of Bond's world. It's taken long enough to reclaim these characters through various legal wranglings. It'd be daft to ditch them now they're back in the fold.
    But (& this is a significant but) they must be reinvented for the new era. I don't think a scarred bald guy sitting in a chair stroking a white cat would work. Austin Powers has seen to that. It must be reimagined & not played for cheesy irony. SPECTRE must be portrayed as a believable threat.
    I agree. Sherlock got it right with Moriarty, Irene Adler etc.
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    Sorry, but I don't want to see ANY of the old villains returning.
    What makes you think this is my first time?