Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Comments

• HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    292J sneaking into the picture as well, I see. ;)
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    Holden wrote:
    292J sneaking into the picture as well, I see. ;)
    :p Well.......... I couldn't just leave it out could I ?? :)) It does have a link to todays Bond watch does it not......... Lieutenant Commander Lionel 'Buster' Crabb is mooted as an influence of Flemings, especially on Thunderball. Crabbs work in WW2 of course involved a cat and mouse game with the Italian Frogmen of the Decima Flottiglia MAS, those of the Panerai 292J Torpedo fame. Crabb also worked for SIS after the War which ended in his death. The film of Crabb's WW2 exploits is 'The Silent Enemy', Crabb is played by Laurence Harvey who also sports a .....Rolex Submariner. So...... I'm figuring Crabb might have once nabbed an old Panerai off a dead Frogman making it an early influential Bond watch. How am I doing ?? Glad you enjoyed the sneaking in

Silent_Enemy_Rolex1.jpg

Silent_Enemy_Rolex2.jpg
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    :)) Well, on the basis of that justification.......,

There's not a lot in terms of Pams that I haven't experienced - I think I know most of the model numbers off the top if my head as well, but struggle to remember some of the newer models in the 500-700 range.

The 292 is a very stealthy option with the ceramic case and the J is the version to have IMO. The manual wind Rads are comparatively slim compared to the Luminors, so wear quite well too.

Congrats on your watch trio! :)
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    That's it - the quartz movement was throwing me, as I'd not expect to see a blurred second hand like in that photo on an automatic.

Nice watch - bet the lume is incredible at night with those batons. Like the Ti version too Higgy, but would prefer to have a dark rotating bezel - too much silver on view for me, but I bet it was insanely light.
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,330MI6 Agent
    Quick question while you're all in here - can folks vouch for Watchfinder as a reputable dealer?
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Quick question while you're all in here - can folks vouch for Watchfinder as a reputable dealer?

I've not bought anything from them (yet) but I have visited their Bluewater store and they seemed knowledgable and friendly.

Others have had good experience from them...

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/44975/wtb-skyfall-aqua-terra/page/2/
    Ah, thank you!
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent

From my experience you can get a good deal when buying but they don't offer top money when you are selling.
    On that note, is there a "go to" place when selling?
  • Sam SeabornSam Seaborn Los AngelesPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    From the shoot today:

bond-watch.jpg
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,142MI6 Agent
    That would probably confirm it then. Vintage Seamaster on a NATO.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Sam SeabornSam Seaborn Los AngelesPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Looks pretty spot on:

Omega-Semaster-300-Master-co-axial-6.jpg
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    I would safely say that's the one.
  • bondjamesbondjames Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    I'm not surprised at all, as I mentioned a while back this was likely going to be the piece they used.

I am a little disappointed if they've made no changes to the watch for the movie. I would have expected an updated version at least with date and raised markers. I'm glad they've put it on a Nato rather than a bracelet for the film though, because those polished links suck, as do the long lugs imo. The original PO blows it away.

However, I realize this is a new Omega design and therefore needs some marketing - what better way to do that than with Bond.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I guess that this confirms it almost - we only need a shot from the watch "in action" to eliminate the remaining 1% of doubt.

Good work everyone, AJB at best I must say!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Finally
    Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial it is then.
    Looks much better on the NATO.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    I hope he's not just wearing it for the photo shoot. I hope it's a hint and he's going to be wearing that one.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    I guess that this confirms it almost - we only need a shot from the watch "in action" to eliminate the remaining 1% of doubt.

Good work everyone, AJB at best I must say!

You mean good work Dell :))

I guess it will be released with its own ref number and only a few pounds cheaper then the bracelet version!!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    Seeing this highlight here seems onega will be focusing their marketing on the 300 , so most likely itll be the 300 and te blue dial aqua terrs from skyfall
    http://youtu.be/KvXi4zCyycI
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    Hart008 wrote:
    Seeing this highlight here seems onega will be focusing their marketing on the 300 , so most likely itll be the 300 and te blue dial aqua terrs from skyfall
    http://youtu.be/KvXi4zCyycI

The Aqua Terra will be the Gauss it's thought.
    I hope he's not just wearing it for the photo shoot.

That's the 1% doubt that I am still having. We need shots from the watch in action!

Higgins wrote:

That's the 1% doubt that I am still having. We need shots from the watch in action!

Agree. Nothing will be confirmed until Omega issue a press release or we see it on the wrist in action!

I think it's pretty much guaranteed. DC already owns an original vintage Seamaster that he wore at the first Press Conference, so would he necessarily be wearing the new version now if it didn't feature in the film? And it's on a NATO. Time will tell.. :)
    Higgins wrote:

And we've got what you were looking for. See last post in this thread!
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/722327/#p722327
    from that pic we can see that he's wearing a black/grey Nato strap "in action" that's not a 100% confirmation that the Seamaster 300 hangs on it.
    Don't get me wrong - the context leads to the SM 300 with that Nato, but it's not a definitive confirmation.

• PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    It's not official until Omega confirms it!
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    Well, I like watches. They're classy and you can't do this with an I-Phone: http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Direction-Using-a-Watch
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
    The iPhone has a built in digital compass and compass app. So you wouldn't need to do that.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Like ALL men ( from our " Hunter gatherer " days ) I have no need of a compass
    Or to ask directions, I instinctively know where I am and where I'm going ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Like ALL men ( from our " Hunter gatherer " days ) I have no need of a compass
    Or to ask directions, I instinctively know where I am and where I'm going ! :D

Especially useful after chucking out time on a Friday night.. :))
    image.jpg