Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Comments

• JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    There are some pictures from the filming in Mexico in this article (contains possible spoilers):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3010223/Daniel-Craig-hard-work-Mexican-set-Spectre-crew-prepares-extravagant-float-Day-Dead-carnival-scenes.html

DC appears to be wearing a watch with a metal bracelet rather than a NATO strap. There are more pictures in the main SPECTRE thread.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Makes sense as he is wearing watch with metal strap in the London boat scene (after Mexico PTS) Appears he switches to the SMP with Nato later on in the film (bit like Skyfall) when he leaves London
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Looks like the Aqua Terra is used in Mexico and the London scenes. Seamaster 300 with NATO in Rome and Austria.
  • SpoffSpoff Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:
    Looks like the Aqua Terra is used in Mexico and the London scenes. Seamaster 300 with NATO in Rome and Austria.

Yeah, you can just see a metal strap peeping out from under his cuff in one of the Mexico photos (the one where he climbs out on the balcony).
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    And back on thread, if anyone has an Omega dealer in the UK nearby, that happen to have a NATO in stock, can someone pick me up a Nato 21-22mm (Ref 031szs002053)...

If not I'm off on a 100 mile round trip !!!

M

No need now.

Apparently the SM300 needs the 19-20mm NATO and not the 21-22mm I thought it took and that would fit my CR PO in the meantime. So not going to buy one for now as was only putting it on my PO short term, want to keep it CR accurate long term...

Going to hang on and see what Omega do with the SM300 nearer the release date. NATO's are not a ltd ed so should still be available then.
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • double o egodouble o ego Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    These are the 2 watches Bond wears in SP??

17331107_1-_460.png

0008439_0_Product.jpg
  • TheGRmanTheGRman United States, IowaPosts: 32MI6 Agent
    I've been saving up for the Aqua Terra ever since Omega released its pictures for SPECTRE. Shouldn't be too much longer now till its sitting comfortably on my wrist.
    "Now pay attention double O seven..." - Q. Words I think we should all live by.

- Troy
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,142MI6 Agent
    Just bear in mind that the AT is yet to be confirmed for Spectre and screen shots thus far have not proved conclusive. It will more than likely be the Gauss version. Especially as Omega are releasing a special Bond edition of this watch. -{
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    And back on thread, if anyone has an Omega dealer in the UK nearby, that happen to have a NATO in stock, can someone pick me up a Nato 21-22mm (Ref 031szs002053)...

M

No need now.

Apparently the SM300 needs the 19-20mm NATO and not the 21-22mm I thought it took and that would fit my CR PO in the meantime. So not going to buy one for now as was only putting it on my PO short term, want to keep it CR accurate long term...

Going to hang on and see what Omega do with the SM300 nearer the release date. NATO's are not a ltd ed so should still be available then.

I'll measure my SM300 when I get home but I am 99.9% positive it has the 21-22mm version on it. I originally bought the strap to go on my PO and the lady who served me ensured me it would fit both.
    Vandrell wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

M

No need now.

I'll measure my SM300 when I get home but I am 99.9% positive it has the 21-22mm version on it. I originally bought the strap to go on my PO and the lady who served me ensured me it would fit both.

That would be really helpful ! The Omega boutique (Ash) on Regent St convinced me otherwise this morning... Yes I need the 21-22 for the PO but this would be too big on the new SM300... Not going to buy a strap that I cant use just in case so put off ordering it. Annoying as had a friend all lined up to pick up and post to me. Wanting to do the same as you and fit it to my CR PO (45mm) until I knew what was happening re Omega and SP NATO SM300. If nothing official then would buy the SM300 and add the strap and put my CR PO back to standard.

• SpoffSpoff Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    Just bear in mind that the AT is yet to be confirmed for Spectre and screen shots thus far have not proved conclusive. It will more than likely be the Gauss version. Especially as Omega are releasing a special Bond edition of this watch. -{

This one looks like it could be confirmation (at least of an AT).

showdataservlet_66_7.jpg
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Vandrell wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

No need now.

That would be really helpful ! The Omega boutique (Ash) on Regent St convinced me otherwise this morning... Yes I need the 21-22 for the PO but this would be too big on the new SM300... Not going to buy a strap that I cant use just in case so put off ordering it. Annoying as had a friend all lined up to pick up and post to me. Wanting to do the same as you and fit it to my CR PO (45mm) until I knew what was happening re Omega and SP NATO SM300. If nothing official then would buy the SM300 and add the strap and put my CR PO back to standard.

It is the same strap mate. My PO is a 45mm on Rubber and the strap is 21mm. The Nato I have is 21.5 (ish) and fits the new SM300 it is on perfect.
    Vandrell wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Vandrell wrote:

It is the same strap mate. My PO is a 45mm on Rubber and the strap is 21mm. The Nato I have is 21.5 (ish) and fits the new SM300 it is on perfect.

Fab, many thanks for checking for me, really appreciated.. Dont you feel that too often we know better than the so called store experts ???

The new SM300 has the digits 21 in its reference number, which to me denotes the steap width... Apparently not according to Ash in Regents Street Omegs boutique !!!

Going to pop to my local Omega dealer and order it tomoro. At least I can measure both my PO and SM300 next to each other there ! Then just have the wait for it to come in 8-)

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    The stores receive very little training. I was the sole source of in-store training for Rolex in the UK for ten years. There is no priority given to training staff. In 2009, it was deemed by even Rolex, that training was second to brand policy adherence. In short, do your own research because stores don't train too much. The only stores I found that trained their staff to an exceptional level was Wempe.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:
    The stores receive very little training. I was the sole source of in-store training for Rolex in the UK for ten years. There is no priority given to training staff. In 2009, it was deemed by even Rolex, that training was second to brand policy adherence. In short, do your own research because stores don't train too much. The only stores I found that trained their staff to an exceptional level was Wempe.

Like a lot of other stores I guess. Shame though they dont share a passion for their brand. My Management motto has always been to know everything.... Good for credibility with own team let alone customers.

Retail is a cut throat environment now. Not many staff stick it long term anymore, so training new staff constantly isn't viable or cost effective. It's more about sales and psycho analysing the customer than giving them a human experience. It's all about harrassing the customer with 'how can I help you' and 'how are you today', than letting the customer approach you with their needs. The modern sales assistant is all about robotic corporate spiel than 'real' personal service. It's one of the reasons I gladly left and decided to study venomous snakes. It's quite similar to the corporate world except snakes don't give you BS before they strike.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Retail is a cut throat environment now. Not many staff stick it long term anymore, so training new staff constantly isn't viable or cost effective. It's more about sales and psycho analysing the customer than giving them a human experience. It's all about harrassing the customer with 'how can I help you' and 'how are you today', than letting the customer approach you with their needs. The modern sales assistant is all about robotic corporate spiel than 'real' personal service. It's one of the reasons I gladly left and decided to study venomous snakes. It's quite similar to the corporate world except snakes don't give you BS before they strike.

Many high-end retail stores in New York where I live have knowledgeable employees, but it seems like less than there used to be. I went into the Billy Reid store in New York and was greeted by a stoned salesman who made an offensive remark to me (in assuming I was or wasn't from a certain background). His tremendous enthusiasm for the brand didn't make up for the way he presented himself. As nice as the peacoat is, I will never bring myself to step foot in that store again. But it is comforting to return to a store time after time and see the same employees, who usually have the experience to know what they are selling, though sometimes they don't. Most of the time when I shop I make sure I know what I want and use salespeople to show me where the item I want is since I hope they know how things are arranged. It's sad to hear that such a high-end brand like Rolex doesn't even care about helping customers. The best shops are the smaller ones where it's likely the owner is the salesperson as well. I've been in some jewellery shops like that and they have the best experience.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Rolex has never trained the staff in stores en masse. This is mostly due to the multi chain stores just sending higher management and directors to swanky events who are supposed to pass down the training to their staff. Sadly this doesn't happen. It's only the small agents that have one or two stores nationally or internationally that pass down the training and try to retain loyal staff. In the UK, Wempe is the best, followed by Rudells. The multi chains like Mappin and Webb, Goldsmiths and Watches of Switzerland, which are the group that owns the Rolex boutique in Bond St, couldn't care less. The thing I complained about most was the use of incorrect screwdrivers to adjust bracelets. They used to mess up the screw heads beyond belief. It wound me up no end.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Rolex has never trained the staff in stores en masse. This is mostly due to the multi chain stores just sending higher management and directors to swanky events who are supposed to pass down the training to their staff. Sadly this doesn't happen.

This is pretty much the case with people (but not all people) in all industries. Higher management doesn't want the people below them to gain the knowledge to advance higher than them. Knowledge is power.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

I work in Retail for a certain major Supermarket, and I can confirm this :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Asp9mm wrote:

I work in Retail for a certain major Supermarket, and I can confirm this :#

Bit different in my world, well was before I left, I'm a highly skilled coach now due to the amount of it I did with my Managers and team. Seeibg people develop, grow, be promoted or even leave (for better jobs) was the greatest pleasure I ever got from my job !

Anyway, sorry for diverting this thread for a few posts. And great posts gents !

2716E8C900000578-3016616-image-a-28_1427618964461.jpg
    Looks like the Skyfall Aqua Terra.
    I think it's the master coaxial version without the date frame.
    I think it's the master coaxial version without the date frame.

I have blown the pic up and its hard to tell, but does look like the date is there, just not the day. Again just like the Skyfall Aqua Terra
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    I would say aqua terra in that picture.
  • frnekfrnek Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    It is Aqua Terra but not Skyfall. Aqua terra Skyfall is smaller (38,5mm). Aqua terra Spectre is 41,5 mm

In my opinion Craig feels better Aqua terra Skyfall.
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    The Aqua Terra wears big, so it's no surprise that it looks huge, in the full size. It would have been nice for the sake of continuity that it was the 38mm size, but continuity be damed when Omega wants to push yet another identical watch which is just a little larger with a different engine.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    What kind of discounts or perks do employees of the luxury watch companies usually get?
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    How many of you will be trading in your 38.5 Skyfall Aqua Terras for the 41MM one?

I am kind of thinking about it but dont know if the 41MM is a good look for the dressier watches.

Thoughts?