Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Boutique or AD???
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    It's not a good look. Outside of Bond circles it looks awful to most.

here, here ,bad form old boy,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Jellyfish wrote:
    What do people here think about the fact that Bond wears a watch on a NATO strap with his dinner jacket in SPECTRE? While I imagine it's a reference to Goldfinger, I can't say that I like it at all. In my opinion, the Aqua Terra (as in Skyfall) would have been much more suitable, even though that itself is not a 'proper' dress watch.

It's pretty bad that Bond wears a NATO strap with his dinner jacket. The reason for the strap in Goldfinger is that Bond is diving in his dinner jacket. Otherwise, Sean Connery's Bond never wears his Rolex in any form (Nato strap or leather) with his dinner jackets. At least when he wears his Rolex with a suit he oddly dresses it up with a leather strap (since it was Cubby's own watch that he lent to the production). Since Bond is wearing his dinner jacket on a train in Spectre, I can't figure out any reason why he'd wear a NATO strap. Copying the way someone else dresses without context is called being dressing poorly.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Jellyfish wrote:
    What do people here think about the fact that Bond wears a watch on a NATO strap with his dinner jacket in SPECTRE? While I imagine it's a reference to Goldfinger, I can't say that I like it at all. In my opinion, the Aqua Terra (as in Skyfall) would have been much more suitable, even though that itself is not a 'proper' dress watch.

It's pretty bad that Bond wears a NATO strap with his dinner jacket. The reason for the strap in Goldfinger is that Bond is diving in his dinner jacket. Otherwise, Sean Connery's Bond never wears his Rolex in any form (Nato strap or leather) with his dinner jackets. At least when he wears his Rolex with a suit he oddly dresses it up with a leather strap (since it was Cubby's own watch that he lent to the production). Since Bond is wearing his dinner jacket on a train in Spectre, I can't figure out any reason why he'd wear a NATO strap. Copying the way someone else dresses without context is called being dressing poorly.

Thanks for chiming in, Matt. It's great to get an answer from yourself; I'm a fan of your website, I've been reading it for a couple of years now and I always look forward to the next article. Keep it up!
    As requested

A82A6092-Edit_zpswk33orz7.jpg

This is a cracking picture, although I can't tell if you're one of the goodies or one of the baddies.
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    Photo courtesy of SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed)

Yes I thought the juxtaposition of allegiances might be interesting, plus it shows off the ring and cufflinks nicely.

And yes I know my finger is on the trigger but it is double action, de-cocked and the safety is on and ............ oh yeah it's a deact :D
    Photo courtesy of SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed)

Yes I thought the juxtaposition of allegiances might be interesting, plus it shows off the ring an cufflinks nicely.

And yes I know my finger is on the trigger but it is double action, de-cocked and the safety is on and ............ oh yeah it's a deact :D

Considering that Trevelyan wore the same Omega as Bond in Goldeneye, and
    Bond's SPECTRE Omega is also MI6-issued
    , perhaps this is what a modern-day rogue 00 agent would look like?
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    IMG_2093%201_zpsza4qfxgx.jpg

I got lucky with the number :D And got loads of Bolly off them too.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Thats some luck!!

SPECTRE Bolly or Bolly lol?
    Omega Bolly. One down, one left :D

IMG_2124_zpsj8y04ode.jpg
    Very nice indeedy!! {[]
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    Asp9mm wrote:
    IMG_2093%201_zpsza4qfxgx.jpg

I got lucky with the number :D And got loads of Bolly off them too.

"Got lucky", my arse :))

Have to say that that is one of the best Omega watches I've seen...absolutely love it... :x

Thanks for the pic, Gadget Meister - very classy {[]
    YNWA 97
  • double o egodouble o ego Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    As requested

Congrats on a beautiful watch and that's a fantastic picture.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] lovely watch and photo, could almost be a book cover :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    And a midnight blue dinner jacket too! -{ lovely watch! :007)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    I've just place an order for mine. I'll be expecting one by the end of this month :)
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    That is well cool bud , mine on order the jewellers seem to be taken ages :#
    wonder if I will get any goodies , that would be nice
    Those pics have confirmed why I ordered it , looks amazing !
    Have you attempted to swap straps yet and it is tricky ?
    As requested

007 reporting for duty
    Swapping strap/bracelet is childsplay. Remember to ask for an extra unmarked NATO strap and Bolly. If you don't ask, you don't get.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the advice I'll use my Bond charm of persuasion :v
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Swapping strap/bracelet is childsplay. Remember to ask for an extra unmarked NATO strap and Bolly. If you don't ask, you don't get.
    007 reporting for duty
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Well, Omega is indeed dedicating its current issue of its mag to Spectre, focusing on the "watches" worn in this movie (not necessarily implying there are two Bond models as Monypenny also seems to wear one in the film - like she did in Skyfall). Here's their summary on the issue (taken from their website).

"THE SPECTRE EDITION
    This new issue, called the Spectre Edition, is all about the latest 007 film, with a focus on our collaboration with James Bond. Among other things, you will also enjoy a presentation of the watches worn in this movie as well as many stories from behind the scenes.

This edition of Lifetime, Omega’s exclusive lifestyle magazine, uncovers the world of James Bond, with a focus on the franchise’s latest film, as well as the character’s 20 year history with Omega. In his letter to Lifetime readers at the beginning of the magazine, Omega President Stephen Urquhart shares his own thoughts, describing the common thread between the spy and the watch he wears, “He has evolved before our eyes, learning from the past, and exceeding where others have failed. As the world throws more challenges his way, he is increasingly self-assured, carrying his style both effortlessly and confidently.”

More secrets revealed
    One article slips into the shadows of the real MI6 for an intriguing insight into how the London spy agency has grown. There is also a more light-hearted dip into James Bond’s drinking habits, while readers can also discover the full 20 year timeline of the Omega watches worn by 007.
    Daniel Craig, the film’s leading man, has shared his own time, exclusively answering questions about his role, as well as his passion for watches. Each issue of Omega Lifetime features an insert section dedicated to one theme. For this issue, we are able to follow in the footsteps of James Bond in SPECTRE, travelling around the world to the same locations featured in the film, and getting a flavour of the tastes, sights and hotels in each place.

Car, Tuxedo, Seamaster
    It’s now well documented that Omega is firmly attached to the James Bond adventures. As the watch of choice, The Seamaster was originally chosen in 1995 for *Goldeneye* for its reputation as a robust divers’ watch with naval pedigree and worldly style. Certainly, as the franchise has evolved, the watch has moved with it. With the new watch revealed in this issue, readers will discover a fresh approach that injects a dark new edge of attitude.

Friends and Family
    The most recent Bond films have revealed 007’s complex network of family and relationships. One of his closest allies, Miss Moneypenny, played a big role in *Skyfall*, and as she returns again, this issue looks closely at the actress who plays her – Naomie Harris. Of course, as we pay homage to Bond’s past, the magazine will also reflect the many exciting partnerships and events of Omega. As always, we remember the special moments that have shaped our year so far, and celebrate the people who help make our brand what it is today."

Will try to nab a copy at my local Omega boutique to sit side by side with the Skyfall one in the bookshelf. Just saw that they did a QoS back in the day (available today but only in English - not that that would be a problem, mind you, but as I own the Skyfall one in Spanish, it would be nice to have all three in the same language).
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • SleestakSleestak Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    I have a question about Bond's SM300 he's wearing in Spectre. Apparently there are two that Omega sells if I'm not mistaken.

#1 - SM300 special edition 007 which comes with the Nato strap and a large box.
    #2 - the regular SM300 which looks identical to #1 above but comes with the stainless steel bracelet and seems to have nothing to do with 007.

Is this right? If so, which one is he wearing in the film? I suspect #2 as it seems silly he'd be wearing #1.

This has been bugging me for quite some time because we have an official Omega store here in DC and I've seen them both.

Thanks
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    Sleestak wrote:
    I have a question about Bond's SM300 he's wearing in Spectre. Apparently there are two that Omega sells if I'm not mistaken.

#2 - the regular SM300 which looks identical to #1 above but comes with the stainless steel bracelet and seems to have nothing to do with 007.

Is this right? If so, which one is he wearing in the film? I suspect #2

This has been bugging me for quite some time because we have an official Omega store here in DC and I've seen them both.

Thanks

False. The special edition one is the actual one Daniel wears in the film probably minus the 007 branding on the NATO band. There are numerous differences on the one Daniel wears in the film: GMT, lollipop second hand, "12" missing
  • SleestakSleestak Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Sleestak wrote:

Thanks

False. The special edition one is the actual one Daniel wears in the film probably minus the 007 branding on the NATO band. There are numerous differences on the one Daniel wears in the film: GMT, lollipop second hand, "12" missing

Thanks for your quick response. So you're saying there are actually some differences between the one in the film and the special edition watch? Mostly noted in the strap only?
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    Sleestak wrote:
    Sleestak wrote:

Thanks

Thanks for your quick response. So you're saying there are actually some differences between the one in the film and the special edition watch? Mostly noted in the strap only?

http://www.omegawatches.com/watches/seamaster/seamaster-300/master-co-axial-41-mm/23332412101001
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    Sleestak wrote:

I think that you are confusing 3 things:

(1) Standard Seamaster 300
    (2) Spectre Limited Seamaster 300
    (3) Screen seen Seamaster 300

(1): Is missing the lollipop hand, has the 12written out at 12'' on the dial and has a different bezel insert to the screen seen watch
    (2): Has the 007 branding on the NATO strapholders - can be easily replaced by a standard NATO strap - besides this it will be visually identical to the sceen seen watch
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Perhaps we could invite Mr Deaton to give us the definitive answer? :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    we could - but don't expect valid replies without dodgy self-promotion though :p
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    When you are as respected as Mr Deaton is then a little self-promotion is allowed :v
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Perhaps we could invite Mr Deaton to give us the definitive answer? :D

Reply from Mr Deantone:

These are my personally researched specification on the time piece in question. These specs were confirmed by Danny Craig himself (his closest friends are permitted to call him Tiger, rather Danny):

(1) Standard Seamaster 300
    (2) Spectre Limited Seamaster 300
    (3) Screen seen Seamaster 300
    (1): Is missing the lollipop hand, has the 12written out at 12'' on the dial and has a different bezel insert to the screen seen watch
    (2): Has the 007 branding on the NATO strapholders - can be easily replaced by a standard NATO strap - besides this it will be visually identical to the sceen seen watch

So there we have it from the horse's a**, sorry I clearly meant mouth -{