What if Dalton had taken over from FYEO onwards?

12346»

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Thanks.
    Turns out I am rather a big fan of hot-gluing... :007)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    And I was the Mint Sauce to the Roast Lamb -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    Thanks.
    Turns out I am rather a big fan of hot-gluing... :007)

Do you get misty eyes while doing it? :))
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Do you get misty eyes while doing it? :))
    When the glue hits my fingers, definitely. Makes me wanna pop a freakin' balloon or something.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    And make me Swear *****
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    Moore did a good job in For Your Eyes Only, but may have been better suited for Dalton.

Also, if Dalton were in AVTAK, he would have perhaps convinced the writers to not make 90% of it a boring wad of ****.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,332Chief of Staff
    Totally agree, AC: Dalton in FYEO would have been wonderful but Moore did a great job and gave possibly his best performance as 007.
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Casting Dalton in FYEO would have been the right business decision. EON would have avoided many of the blunders they made in the 80s business-wise.
    As it is, Timothy Dalton, possibly the best and most sought after actor to play Bond, will always be lumbered with poor box office results by some people who neglect to take into account many key elements that come into play in business results.
    I guess the "Dalton was not accepted by audiences" is just the easy way out, and it's natural that some people chose to always use the Occam's razor principle to explain reality, no matter how wrong the conclusions might be.
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    But Dalton in Octopussy would've been a disaster.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,332Chief of Staff
    If Dalton had been Bond from FYEO, the OP script would have been tweaked to suit him.
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Casting Dalton in FYEO would have been the right business decision. EON would have avoided many of the blunders they made in the 80s business-wise.
    Agreed. He looked young then but not too young (see Flash Gordon), OTOH at that time Brosnan looked like 20 year-old (see Remington Steele).
    A five picture run with Dalton.... the stuff dreams are made of.
    But Dalton in Octopussy would've been a disaster.

I don't agree. He would have been wonderful, they just would have adapted the script a bit . The manhunt without the Tarzan scream, the assault on Khamal's palace would have been less colorful. But in essence, the movie has a Cold War feel that would have suited Dalton very well.
    Virgil37 wrote:
    the movie has a Cold War feel that would have suited Dalton very well.
    And Dalton in a clown costume would have been taken far more seriously. :007)
    chrisisall wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    the movie has a Cold War feel that would have suited Dalton very well.
    And Dalton in a clown costume would have been taken far more seriously. :007)

Actually, anyone in a clown suit who is attempting to deactivate a nuclear device would look dead serious. The suit is totally justified, and the action is so tense that even Jim Carrey would have been ok. :)
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Actually, anyone in a clown suit who is attempting to deactivate a nuclear device would look dead serious. The suit is totally justified, and the action is so tense that even Jim Carrey would have been ok. :)
    Then why does MOORE get so much flack for it? I thought it was possibly his best moment as Bond... ?:)
    chrisisall wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Then why does MOORE get so much flack for it? I thought it was possibly his best moment as Bond... ?:)

Man, I agree with you, honestly. He's just perfect in that scene, if not the best, certainly one of his best, more serious Bond moments. I don't know why he should get flack for the clown suit.
    {[]
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Let's face it: every film after FYEO would be completely different. Octopussy would probably have the tone of LTK.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    Let's face it: every film after FYEO would be completely different. Octopussy would probably have the tone of LTK.
    You're makin' me cry here... :#