ROYALE Filmwear 2017 Solden Jacket (its back!!)

Comments

• Sam SeabornSam Seaborn Los AngelesPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Thanks Dan! I got your second round Solden and love it! I'm excited for these next few runs as well.

When will we find out what the 4th will be??!?
  • The_Black_007The_Black_007 Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    **F/S - BRAND NEW ROYALE SOLDEN 2.0 JACKET SIZE L - Open to reasonable offers**

I ordered a M and L just in case and the M fits superbly so I have a L for sale. Now I can appreciate the L is still available (as far as I'm aware) so as an incentive, I'm open to reasonable offers (taking into account it cost me £152 + postage and custom charges)

PM me if interested
    BOND - "I'd say it's a 30-year-old fine indifferently blended Sir...with an overdose of bon bois."
    M - "Colonel Smithers is giving the lecture 007!"
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Pm sent
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    **F/S - BRAND NEW ROYALE SOLDEN 2.0 JACKET SIZE L - Open to reasonable offers**

I ordered a M and L just in case and the M fits superbly so I have a L for sale. Now I can appreciate the L is still available (as far as I'm aware) so as an incentive, I'm open to reasonable offers (taking into account it cost me £152 + postage and custom charges)

PM me if interested
    This jacket is now sold
    BOND - "I'd say it's a 30-year-old fine indifferently blended Sir...with an overdose of bon bois."
  • Agent 003.5Agent 003.5 HollandPosts: 9MI6 Agent
    Yesterday I got mine solden jacket finally deliver. And I just love it it fits me like a glove and I cant wait to have the cold in holland so I can wear it.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I was able to try one of the 2.0s at a friend's house and let me tell you, it's amazing....as people have mentioned above it is a true evolution from the first edition...sorely tempted to invest in the 2.0!
  • valkyrionvalkyrion Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    I was able to try one of the 2.0s at a friend's house and let me tell you, it's amazing....as people have mentioned above it is a true evolution from the first edition...sorely tempted to invest in the 2.0!
    totally agree with you
    Hopefully mine arrives tomorrow (thank you Steve), will be interesting to lay next to TF

• coaram94coaram94 Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    I have just received mine too. I am extremely pleased with the quality and fabric selection. All in all, it is marvelous. Unfortunately, I think I ordered one size too small, particularly in the chest region. I currently have a small and am looking for a medium. Looking to see if there is anyone out there who would be up to switch. I am located in the US. Feel free to shoot me a message if you have a medium and think it is a little big for you. Thanks!
    edited August 2016
    Dan, wow, dont think a closer match to the TF is possible. Great work....
    Anyone on the fence and has a chance to pick one up, dont hesitate, you'll regret it
    As an owner of the TF, this is remarkably close in every way and a fraction of the cost...
    Thank you Steve for letting me acquire your unwanted L, top man...
    M

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Dan, wow, dont think a closer match ti the TF is possible. Great work....
    Anyone on the fence and has a chance to pick one up. As an owner of the TF, this is remarkably close and a fraction of the cost...
    Thank you Steve for letting me acquire your unwanted, top man...
    M

You are more than welcome!
  • SuitSuit Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    If anyone has a version 2.0 in size M to sell don't be afraid to let me know -{
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Anyone on the fence and has a chance to pick one up. As an owner of the TF, this is remarkably close and a fraction of the cost...
    M

Wow!! Thank you sir for the high praise, coming from an owner of the original making direct comparisons I couldn't ask for a better response. I couldn't be more pleased with this production, it's remarkable what a few small tweaks can do. I'm very pleased to say there's been nothing but glowing feedback, both on ajb and via email, which really makes my day. Most people here know how long it takes to pull the details together and in that respect it is very much a combined effort, so thanks a bunch for helping me out where you can guys, I do appreciate it.

Thanks again to everyone for the brilliant response to this release... The latest QoS Harrington is up next, followed by the SKYFALL Peacoat.

-{

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
  • WiscoboyWiscoboy Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    Darn, makes me wish that I either waited for version 2.0 or jumped on a medium sooner.
  • Dark1Dark1 Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    edited August 2016
    Sorted -- Thanks -{

Gents,

I have a V2 in a Large - looking to swap for a Medium.

If anyone feels their M is a bit too snug, let me know if you'd like an L.
    I've gotta say- I bought the first version and I absolutely love it. Although, I bought a medium and it was slightly too snug for my liking but it didn't stop me wearing it. Then came the 2.0..... I could see from the pics that it looked MUCH closer to the TF. I had to order the new version- I actually bought a M and a L (wasn't taking any chances) but the M fitted perfectly. As soon as you take it out of the packing you can tell immediately that it feels heavier - the quilting at the front and the wool knit is significantly thicker and it has that seriously "quality feel" to it. I managed to sell my L on here within hours of it being delivered to (big up @007JBDCMWR). What a quality piece. @SilverFinger -Daniel, you've excelled yourself yet again!
    image.jpg
  • Dan DeltsDan Delts Posts: 57MI6 Agent
    As a new Bond Member...this was my first Royale garment and will not be my last. It is amazing, i got a large and it fits perfect. I maybe could have got an XL and had it tailored, but im very happy. I know ill already be saving for the harrington. Thanks again Daniel for the great service and opportunity. Just sorry i missed the medium for my colleague, but im goin got get him on my large tomorrow and we may order another.
  • CommanderBCommanderB San FranciscoPosts: 87MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    M

Wow!! Thank you sir for the high praise, coming from an owner of the original making direct comparisons I couldn't ask for a better response. I couldn't be more pleased with this production, it's remarkable what a few small tweaks can do. I'm very pleased to say there's been nothing but glowing feedback, both on ajb and via email, which really makes my day. Most people here know how long it takes to pull the details together and in that respect it is very much a combined effort, so thanks a bunch for helping me out where you can guys, I do appreciate it.

Thanks again to everyone for the brilliant response to this release... The latest QoS Harrington is up next, followed by the SKYFALL Peacoat.

-{

Dan.

Daniel, please allow me to heap on more praise. I'm relatively new here and bought the Solden based on all the glowing recommendations. And I'm so glad I did! I received it today and, man, what a fantastic piece you've created! I have a Moncler as well and the quality of your piece is every bit as good as that more expensive jacket. I got a large and maybe should have gotten a medium, but I'm loathe to give it up (hopefully I can have it tailored a bit.) I really can't wait for it to get cold again and for your other re-releases!
    “What is your occupation?”
    “That’s not the sort of thing that looks good on a form."
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Received mine now back from my hol's.
    Dan this fits like a glove , absolutely love it , perfect in my opinion.
    Quality is exceptional
    your best jacket by far , love your stuff.
    Well done
    007 reporting for duty
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    Finally received my jacket yesterday, as someone who also has a jacket from the first run you can tell the improvements on what was already a great jacket. It feels a lot more solid all over and the little tweaks to the front pockets are nice. I did size up for this jacket and it feels like I can wear layers underneath without the jacket then feeling too tight.

Thanks Dan for finding the location of this jacket for me when it disappeared from parcel tracking (usual high standard of customer service).

Ray
  • arnoarno Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    I have the Daniel solden jacket with the size L ,
    It fits me very well ;-)
    What Will be my Tom Ford size with The soldën jacket ?
    50 or 52 ??? Thanks
    "From France with love"
    arno wrote:
    I have the Daniel solden jacket with the size L ,
    It fits me very well ;-)
    What Will be my Tom Ford size with The soldën jacket ?
    50 or 52 ??? Thanks

52, just slightly slimmer fit than Dans L

• arnoarno Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    Thanks a lot ;-) TF is pricey but .... :v buy or not ... Hummm
    "From France with love"
    Its relative in my mind... Tf is a lot of money, but Ive worn mine a lot as its so usable. So worth it.
    Though wouldnt wear it around W J (11 month old son), which is where Dans wonderful creation comes in. As per David Zs vid

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    I just received my Royale Solden jacket. I own one from the first run, and it is a damned nice jacket. But the new one really does represent an evolution, as the Mantis said. The wool is heavier, the fill in the nylon quilting is thicker, and the proportions (especially with regard to the back and the sleeves) are much better suited to my body.

Brilliantly done, Dan! Thank you. -{ -{ -{
  • PPKPPK Posts: 60MI6 Agent
    edited August 2016
    Hello gents,
    here are some pics of Dans V2 small vs TF size 46 solden jackets
    the jacket is so superb i love it!

Left TF / Right Royale (in direct sunlight)
    IMG_2072.jpg
    Top Royale / Bottom TF
    IMG_2073.jpg

image.jpg

so as you the the colour is really close and its such an improvement over Dan's V1 (which is still great)
    i love it :x

best regards,
    Sascha
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Wow great comparison!!! {[]
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Great photos. {[]

The quilting is bang on. I am impressed.
  • valkyrionvalkyrion Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    i have the first version of the jacket but with this the design is come up to a new level
    great comparison next to tom ford.
    i have to admit that the quilting is quite impressive also.
    if the wool part will change to a different pattern and maybe a slight different choice of charcoal colour we will have a total sa jacket.

until to the next production run Daniel!!!!!!!!!!
    hope that we will get another run cause i did not manage to get the jacket. :(

ps.if anyone is willing to sell any medium drop me a message
  • ScotchNowPleaseScotchNowPlease Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    So to everyone who was lucky enough to get in on these allow me to say:

I've had the please of wearing the Tom Ford and recently ordered Daniel's 2.0.

I know this is a stretch for some, but I like Daniel's more :) The lining, wool, and insulation all feel extremely thorough. And I'm not afraid to live in it. Thanks for all your hard work Daniel. It doesn't go unappreciated by all of us.

-{ Cheers