ROYALE Filmwear 2017 Solden Jacket (its back!!)

Comments

• ErikErik Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    Got is today! first impressions are great! Dan have done a hell of a job, I've you compared it to the original 2200 Dollar TF. I'm glade I've sized up to a large. Still then it's very fitted. Also with this time of the year when you where mostly t-shirts sweater combinations. Only note of critics is the back that tend to ride up a little. But overal very impressed! Very glade to have a exclusive jacket with some Bond feeling on it. ;) Thanks Dan!
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    Love seeing everyone's comments on the jacket! Also just an FYI if anyone has an XL they don't want I'm ready to buy! Ha -{
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Still waiting for mine....
    It reached UK last Saturday!!
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Your not alone man, I'm still waiting on mine too. I live in Florida, and mine has been sitting in NY since last Friday.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Mine arrived yesterday .... I love it.

While I sympathize with the comments above, I think Dan (and DZ) have done a great job on the final product, and the attempt to warn/advise/caution on the sizing.

I took the advice and went for XL... It fits perfectly and while I'm only 6ft, I think the length is great.

Can't find any nicks/tears etc but haven't scrutinized yet.

My only mild quibble is the zipper - both engagement and disengagement are awkward and a struggle. Did anyone else find that or is it just these clumsy paws of mine?

Any idea how to make it easier ? WD40 ? :o

Anyway, congrats Dan, for the price no one dare complain.

Cheers paul
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    It's 5:30am and I wake up thinking about the waistband. Having been in an email exchange with Steve Curry (Legally Bond) overnight his comments in response to mine help it click. For whatever reason an adhesive paper was used inside the waistband to I assume help it keep its shape while being manufactured. Steve and I both felt this give at some point allowing the elastic to function properly. Easy solution here guys. Wet the waistband using a cloth, let it sit for a while and gently stretch it. You'll feel the adhesive paper give way and hey presto... the elastic can function as it should. Lay the jacket out flat and allow it to dry....

I realise this won't help everyone, but it helped Steve and myself. I can't explain exactly why this was done, but the assembly does get complicated on each end of the band so they had to make it a bit easier for themselves perhaps. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks guys.

-{

Dan
    1455998517834.jpg
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
  • Sam SeabornSam Seaborn Los AngelesPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Got mine today! It's really great quality and looks beautiful. My only gripe concerning the look is that I wish the Navy/Gray were both just a little darker to match the TF.

I'm a small in the Harrington and I got and small in the Solden. I did Dan's trick and that helped considerably! It certainly fits but all things considered I wish I had sized up to a Medium.

If anyone is looking to trade a Medium for a Small please shoot me a message!
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    edited February 2016
    It's 5:30am and I wake up thinking about the waistband. Having been in an email exchange with Steve Curry (Legally Bond) overnight his comments in response to mine help it click. For whatever reason an adhesive paper was used inside the waistband to I assume help it keep its shape while being manufactured. Steve and I both felt this give at some point allowing the elastic to function properly. Easy solution here guys. Wet the waistband using a cloth, let it sit for a while and gently stretch it. You'll feel the adhesive paper give way and hey presto... the elastic can function as it should. Lay the jacket out flat and allow it to dry....

I realise this won't help everyone, but it helped Steve and myself. I can't explain exactly why this was done, but the assembly does get complicated on each end of the band so they had to make it a bit easier for themselves perhaps. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks guys.

-{

Dan
    1455998517834.jpg
    Dan forgot to mention that it only works if you use a duralex Picardie glass (seen in Skyfall) :)
    I haven't tried that yet, but wanted to thank you Dan for the aftersale service!
    We'll appreciated.

Greg
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    I tried Dan's suggestion of dampening the waistband. I used a sponge with some warm water and after some careful stretching of the knit for a couple of minutes I then wore the garment for a couple of hours making sure to gently stretch it every now and then. It does seem to have given a little bit more on the waistband.

Dan thanks again for excellent customer service.
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    edited February 2016
    Interesting about the adhesive paper on the waist band. Dan, do you know if the adhesive paper was used on the neck collar as well? I must have the smallest neck in the world because the collar is too big for my neck and I got an XS!. Though, it's not so big that it fits poorly. And with a turtleneck, it fits almost perfect. Guessing the adhesive paper water trick won't realy help me here, but thought that, if it is in the collar as well, then it might help those who are having issues with the collar being too small.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    Interesting about the adhesive paper on the waist band. Dan, do you know if the adhesive paper was used on the neck collar as well? I must have the smallest neck in the world because the collar is too big for my neck and I got an XS!. Though, it's not so big that it fits poorly. And with a turtleneck, it fits almost perfect. Guessing the adhesive paper water trick won't realy help me here, but thought that, if it is in the collar as well, then it might help those who are having issues with the collar being too small.

Right you are, it does seem to have been assembled the same. I've just treated my collar, which has made it a bit softer and more conforming. I have the opposite problem to you (fat neck lol) so that has helped me with my own personal fit. Again it's a very unusual little quirk, but almost certainly done to aid in the assembly process. I just wish I'd noticed earlier.

On a side note: Guys I'm changing the way I do sizing. I think it's a trap telling everyone how, one piece fits in regards to another and in this case with the solden the consensus is that sizing was a bit off. I've decided to start quoting specific standardised chest sizes, which will be decided only once the final pieces are received. Ultimately, sizing is going to vary a bit from one piece to another, because their intial creation isn't an exact science. So I ask that everyone base future sizing decisions on the chest size guide on the specific jacket. This means that the chest in inches may well put you in different sizes in different pieces, but as long as you follow the chest size guide hopefully it all works out. Previously I have tried to offer very specific sizing advice prior to receiving the final product and if there is some variation of sizing that leads to confusion. I've deleted the old sizing tables from previous products and am hoping to start fresh to try an avoid any further confusion with sizing based on the previous jackets. When expressing interest in a jacket I simply ask you to quote your normal chest size, 40, 41, 42 etc. Knitwear has been.... interesting but I'm really looking forward to getting back to regular fabrics.

-{

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    ke02eww wrote:
    Mine arrived yesterday .... I love it.

While I sympathize with the comments above, I think Dan (and DZ) have done a great job on the final product, and the attempt to warn/advise/caution on the sizing.

I took the advice and went for XL... It fits perfectly and while I'm only 6ft, I think the length is great.

Can't find any nicks/tears etc but haven't scrutinized yet.

My only mild quibble is the zipper - both engagement and disengagement are awkward and a struggle. Did anyone else find that or is it just these clumsy paws of mine?

Any idea how to make it easier ? WD40 ? :o

Anyway, congrats Dan, for the price no one dare complain.

Cheers paul

Hi Paul,

Please see my email, I hope you got it sorted after that. I was very pleased with these zippers and haven't had any trouble myself. As mentioned a little graphite from a pencil should help make it a bit more slippery. Please email me with how you got on with the other suggestions, do let me know if you're still having trouble.

-{

Dan.
    Niko wrote:
    I tried Dan's suggestion of dampening the waistband. I used a sponge with some warm water and after some careful stretching of the knit for a couple of minutes I then wore the garment for a couple of hours making sure to gently stretch it every now and then. It does seem to have given a little bit more on the waistband.

Dan thanks again for excellent customer service.

Great Niko,

You should notice a significant improvement in the elasticity, while I did say gentle you will really notice when the paper tape gives way, it will be very clear. I know from a few people who've emailed this does make a world of difference to the fit through the waist.

Thanks for sharing sir,

-{

Dan.
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    Too bad you have deleted the sizing charts. I've had great use of them. I can understand your point of view, but in my opinion more information is always better. I used the sizing charts to compare the Solden to the Harrington, and that was what made me size up ultimately, not your write up on sizing, since I could measure that there was no way I could fit in a small :-)

A chest guide would be ideal for those who are new to your jackets, but for those of us who own several (3 in my case, hopefully 5 soon) it is nice to be able to compare measurements.

Good job on the Solden -{
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    Got mine yesterday. The fit is perfect and I found it very easy to pull apart the paper in the waist and neck bands.. I'm very happy.
    Thanks once again for the huge effort and time it must take to make these projects happen.
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
  • TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Just picked mine up - great looking jacket, but unfortunately it just serves to remind me that I should dial up David's 'Bond Body' videos again ... I got a small, and I should have got a medium... If anyone wants an exchange in that direction, or is interested in buying a small, please PM me, thanks.
  • JMB8538JMB8538 IndianapolisPosts: 9MI6 Agent
    I received my size L over the weekend. Can't decide on the sizing as of now. It seems a bit snug to me and now I'm wondering if I should have sized up.

If anyone has an XL they would like to swap for an L let me know. I'd be happy to discuss a trade.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    I think the rule with this jacket IS simply to size up.

I'm normally an L. Received the email from Dan before ordering and just sized up. Received my XL and everything fits perfectly.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • Mileham007Mileham007 Posts: 103MI6 Agent
    Looking for this jacket in Large. PM me if anyone wants to sell!
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Mileham007 wrote:
    Looking for this jacket in Large. PM me if anyone wants to sell!

PM Sent
  • esk1020esk1020 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    I am expecting to receive my jacket any day now as the status shows that it departed Flushing, NY on February 16 and there have been no status updates since then.

I am concerned with everyone indicating they needed to size up because I went off of the sizing grid. I am a 42R with a 34" or 35" waist. Anybody else with those measurements have a large to describe the fit?
  • massimomassimo Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Hi, I am looking for this jacket in Large. PM me if anyone wants to sell (unworn). Thanks
  • SadsSads Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Also wanting a size Large, prefer UK seller, Thanks

Any chance of another production run? hopefully next time I wont miss the "Mr.White" jacket -{
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    edited February 2016
    esk1020 wrote:
    I am expecting to receive my jacket any day now as the status shows that it departed Flushing, NY on February 16 and there have been no status updates since then.

I am concerned with everyone indicating they needed to size up because I went off of the sizing grid. I am a 42R with a 34" or 35" waist. Anybody else with those measurements have a large to describe the fit?

I got a large and I'm a 42r with a 33 waist. I like the fit for the most part. It looks screen accurate. (These things are supposed to be more like sweaters than jackets.) But it does feel a little short in the back, and you'll want to try out Dan Love's method of loosening the waistband. It doesn't seem like you'll have trouble selling if it doesn't fit, although I don't know about the supply of extra larges out there.
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    Finally got mine and I'm happier than Blofeld getting a new drill bit.
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
  • Emilio_LargoEmilio_Largo Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    My jacket arrived 2/18 in Manhattan, and that following weekend, I wore it almost constantly while taking my kids out around town. Two day's of constant activities loosened the waist considerably. There was no need to use water to loosen the waist.

After a complete weekend wearing the Solden, here's my take on the jacket: the fit is really flattering, but it's best worn with pants with a higher rise. I wore it with low-rise jeans that weekend, and the jacket kept riding up. (I recall the jacket was worn in the movie with trousers that had a high rise.) I'm 5', 11"" with a 40" chest; and the size-medium jacket fits well across the shoulders and chest. I just wish there was an extra inch or two in sleeve length. Overall, an awesome jacket.
    My jacket took 4 days to get from Australia to UK, it's then sat in a Distribution Centre somewhere for 11 Days and worryingly, is now shown as Delivered yesterday.

But it's still not here... :#
    I wonder where they've Delivered it to.... :#
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    My jacket took 4 days to get from Australia to UK, it's then sat in a Distribution Centre somewhere for 11 Days and worryingly, is now shown as Delivered yesterday.

Something similar happened to me. It showed as delivered when it hit UK customs and Royal Mail delivered a card stating how much I owed in my mailbox. Once I paid, the jacket arrived a couple of days later via Royal Mail for the last leg.
    edited February 2016
    kadd wrote:
    UNCLE27 wrote:

Something similar happened to me. It showed as delivered when it hit UK customs and Royal Mail delivered a card stating how much I owed in my mailbox. Once I paid, the jacket arrived a couple of days later via Royal Mail for the last leg.

OK, thanks. I won't worry then. I'll wait to hear from Customs...

Yup! You were right. I have now received a ransom note from an evil, shadowy organisation demanding money.
    Am happy to report the Special Executive for Customs, Taxation, Revenue and Extortion released my jacket after payment.
    And...
    I am VERY happy with the jacket!!! Excellent work Dan!! {[]
    I sized up and it's a great fit! Very light and comfortable and I've worn it at -2c to 5c and it's pretty warm too. :)