ROYALE Filmwear 2017 Solden Jacket (its back!!)

Comments

• DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I know from several recent overseas purchases that customs in Los Angeles/San Francisco can take 3-5 days. You may likely receive your jacket before you see an update online. That's been my experience anyway. Hope the info helps!

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    @westward_drift, Sam Seaborn, hthomas - Just checked my tracking info again since mine has been at the LA sort facility since the 9th. Looks like it was transferred to the USPS facility this afternoon. Hopefully yours has as well
  • ih8dumpplih8dumppl Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    McQueen wrote:
    @westward_drift, Sam Seaborn, hthomas - Just checked my tracking info again since mine has been at the LA sort facility since the 9th. Looks like it was transferred to the USPS facility this afternoon. Hopefully yours has as well

Mine was in customs for about five days in New York. Transferred to USPS, I hate their tracking system. Hardly ever updates for me. Hopefully we'll get it by this weekend, just in time for a little warm up here in Wisconsin.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    After 6 1/2 days my jacket has traveled from LA customs to the LA USPS center...6 1/2 days...a new low even with the three day holiday weekend. With any luck I will get the jacket by Friday, but probably Saturday.

Still, not as bad as when I sent a package to Florida: according to tracking it left the Oakland Processing Center eight times over two weeks before going on to Florida.

First class mail in the US really sucks.
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Mine arrived this morning, got a medium and whilst it is snug it fits really well. Excellent again Dan. Thank you
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    GS wrote:
    Mine arrived this morning, got a medium and whilst it is snug it fits really well. Excellent again Dan. Thank you

Thanks. Have you got any other Royale jackets and if so what size for those?
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    I have a medium Harrington from Dan too which is a little roomier but I believe the solden is supposed to be much more fitted.
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    Received mine today. Initial impression is great.
    I'm a size small in the Harrington for a snug fit, and the Solden medium is a snug fit as well. Glad I sized up.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Yes, sizing up from other Royale purchases is the key.
    Well I guess I will find out tonight! I went with the same size, so I may have a Medium to sell or swap with someone who has a Large
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Got mine today. This is my first jacket from Dan. I really like it! Looks and feels great. It is definitely a slim fit. I have a size small. It fits great all over. It's a really snug on me around the waist and that's my only concern with the size. But I believe as Dan said it will stretch some with wear. I would fear that if I swapped for a medium, while it may be good around the waist, it prob would be to loose around shoulders and arms.

Thanks for your work and effor Dan! Look forward to more!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    Got mine today. This is my first jacket from Dan. I really like it! Looks and feels great. It is definitely a slim fit. I have a size small. It fits great all over. It's a really snug on me around the waist and that's my only concern with the size. But I believe as Dan said it will stretch some with wear. I would fear that if I swapped for a medium, while it may be good around the waist, it prob would be to loose around shoulders and arms.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dang bro! Looks freaking fantastic man! I told you that small was your size. I'm just glad it turned out to work for you. Does look snug around the waist, but not in a bad way. That fit is just right man. If you did go medium, it would be a more relaxed fit, but that might be something you want. Personally, I like the slim fit, plus most SA in this case.

But, wait, yours came in today? Did you even get a notification on the USPS site? My status still hasn't changed. Very excited for mine now after seeing your pics because you are a little bit bigger than me and I got an XS, so I'm looking forward to a nice fit like yours. -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    hthomas wrote:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dang bro! Looks freaking fantastic man! I told you that small was your size. I'm just glad it turned out to work for you. Does look snug around the waist, but not in a bad way. That fit is just right man. If you did go medium, it would be a more relaxed fit, but that might be something you want. Personally, I like the slim fit, plus most SA in this case.

But, wait, yours came in today? Did you even get a notification on the USPS site? My status still hasn't changed. Very excited for mine now after seeing your pics because you are a little bit bigger than me and I got an XS, so I'm looking forward to a nice fit like yours. -{

Thanks man! It did come today. The tracking never changed until it was actually delivered. I do hope it stretches around the bottom some. I won't be able to wear it to much zipped up otherwise. I like it un zipped alot though so thats good at least!
  • ih8dumpplih8dumppl Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Got it just now, fit was perfect. I have a medium in the peacoat that fits great too. Word of advice, clean out the inside with a lint roller first. I'm wearing a cream colored sweater and after taking the cost of, all is covered in little pieces of thread. Otherwise, initial impressions are great. Wool is a little thin but hey, at this price point it's great.
    If anyone has a medium they would like to swap with a small. Let me know!
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    edited February 2016
    Just got my jacket, glad I went a size up :)) Truly lovely piece and even better customer service. If more larger companies could be more like Dan and Royale Film Wear when it comes to it's customers. Got a customer for life Mr Love.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • Emilio_LargoEmilio_Largo Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    My Solden jacket arrived in Manhattan today. Delivery took ten calendar days, which isn't bad. I ordered a size medium based on Daniel's size chart (as this is my first order from Royale Filmwear), and I'm very pleased with the fit. The fit is trim, but not constricting. The level of screen accuracy in the jacket is awesome - kudos to Daniel for an excellent interpretation. My favorite aspects would have to be the jacket's flattering silhouette and Daniel's fantastic customer service. If I had to pick an area for for improvement; it would be a slightly thicker wool knit. Overall, a very satisfying, and highly anticipated sartorial experience. Now I just have to figure out what size to order when the Altaussee jacket and next Quantum Harrington jacket become available.
  • Sam SeabornSam Seaborn Los AngelesPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Hopefully mine is arriving tomorrow but based on the feedback so far it looks like I may need to size up to a medium. If anyone has one for sale or trade let please let me know! Thanks.
  • philwongnzphilwongnz Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    If anyone has a medium they would like to swap with a small. Let me know!

I haven't received mine yet. Looking at your photos, from a tailoring point of view, your shoulders seems to sit fine.

On another note, the jacket is double zipped. So if members here finds it a bit snugged on the waist can't you zipped it up a bit until the waist band stretches a bit?
    Can anyone else who received a Medium help and tell me the sleeve length from shoulder seam to cuff.

Not sure if mine is correct at 24"

image.jpg
  • Sam56Sam56 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    For my part, I got my jacket a few days ago and and initial thoughts are that it's pretty good. The wool's a bit thin and the arms are too short. Overall I think it looks the business, but I reckon I'll try to dampen the arms and stretch them a bit.
    Mine should arrive today, but now I am worried about the length of the sleeves.

I'm having flashbacks to the first Royale harrington release where the arms were a little shorter than in the original dimensions given. I ended up selling my original jacket in part because of it.
  • MaxCPMaxCP Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:
    Can anyone else who received a Medium help and tell me the sleeve length from shoulder seam to cuff.

image.jpg

I just measured the sleeves of my jacket (size small) using the same method: 25".
    Which is also slightly shorter than in the size chart.
  • ipittalugaipittaluga Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    MaxCP wrote:
    kadd wrote:

image.jpg

I just measured the sleeves of my jacket (size small) using the same method: 25".
    Which is also slightly shorter than in the size chart.

Mine arrived yesterday. Though a bit tight initially. It fits like a glove after a day of wearing it. Love it.

Ivan
  • ErnieCuneoErnieCuneo Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Got mine yesterday. It's fantastic! Dan Love is brilliant. I ordered a L and an XL. This is the XL - I didn't even bother trying the L because, well, I'm currently fat. For reference, I'm 5'9" 185 right now. Once I get back down to fighting weight (170lbs) the L should fit fine, so I'll keep both for now.

As for the build/fit...it's great. Collar stands up nicely, which I like a lot. Inside pocket is a great touch. XL sleeves are a little long, but folding back the cuffs takes care of that. The zip is a little tricky, but I think it will work more smoothly as I use it. The fill used in the chest could be a little more substantial - look at David's video where he's holding the Royale Solden next to the Tom Ford and you'll see what I mean. But THESE ARE JUST TINY, TINY NITS. The jacket is incredible!

Sorry for the lousy phone pics.

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    ErnieCuneo wrote:
    Got mine yesterday. It's fantastic! Dan Love is brilliant. I ordered a L and an XL. This is the XL - I didn't even bother trying the L because, well, I'm currently fat. For reference, I'm 5'9" 185 right now. Once I get back down to fighting weight (170lbs) the L should fit fine, so I'll keep both for now.

As for the build/fit...it's great. Collar stands up nicely, which I like a lot. Inside pocket is a great touch. XL sleeves are a little long, but folding back the cuffs takes care of that. The zip is a little tricky, but I think it will work more smoothly as I use it. The fill used in the chest could be a little more substantial - look at David's video where he's holding the Royale Solden next to the Tom Ford and you'll see what I mean. But THESE ARE JUST TINY, TINY NITS. The jacket is incredible!

Sorry for the lousy phone pics.

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

Looks great man! Thanks for sharing. I like the name too. Always thought Ernie was a cool character.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    I just got my size large Solden. Sleeves are just long enough. Another half inch would be better. Waist is a little tight but loosens with wear.

I'd say it runs a little bit smaller than the dimensions on the sight. The size large is basically the same as the supernatural size large but the sleeves and waist are a bit shorter/ smaller.

There is a tiny snag on the right sleeve.

So I kept my normal size, but it fits a bit smaller than the medium Harrington that I once had.

Coworkers love the zippers.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    edited February 2016
    I received my size L yesterday. It is very close to my Moncler size L in its dimensions. The fit is almost identical — more like a mid-layer than an outer-layer, which looks screen accurate to me. In general I love it. The colors are fantastic, the collar is superior to the Moncler, and the zips are striking.

Mine came with a small, easily sewable tear on the right cuff. The seam is ripped slightly. I think someone else reported a similar blemish.

It would have been interesting to try both the L and XL by way of comparison. The waist and chest are snug but not uncomfortably so.

The back, however, feels short and tends to ride up when I'm sitting down, especially with the jacket zipped. I am 6' and could have used another inch, I'm guessing.

But all in all, fantastic work, Dan! I can't wait for the Altaussee.
    edited February 2016
    So, I looped some midnight blue thread around the snag...that's taken care of. However the length really doesn't work for my 6'4" frame, and the sleeves need to be LONGER to work with actual movement.

The colors are striking and look great, but the fit isn't there. It doesn't look fitted on me, it looks shrunken. It could use more length in the back.

I am putting it up for sale. (And now SOLD!)
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    I have the 1st ed Harrington in a size M... bought the Solden in M too.. fit is great.. only real criticisms are that the wool is really thin..as in you can see through it thin.. and the seams are not very clean.. material is bunched in some places etc... but considering the price point... well worth it... the fit was perfect for me... well worth the money... overall pleased.. cannot wait to get the White jacket !!