ROYALE Filmwear 2017 Solden Jacket (its back!!)

Comments

• SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    I think I'm going to show the measurements to the guy that measures me for suits. I see this stuff and get confused. Usually I'm a medium. But a medium working for someone that's 6'4" and a small on someone that's 5'8" sounds like a wide range to me.
    "Better late than never."
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    SilentSpy wrote:
    I think I'm going to show the measurements to the guy that measures me for suits. I see this stuff and get confused. Usually I'm a medium. But a medium working for someone that's 6'4" and a small on someone that's 5'8" sounds like a wide range to me.

It is a wide range. But when you look at the lengths there isn't much difference. Maybe a half inch. The major changes are chest, waist, and shoulders. Most of my height is from my legs, so for me the jacket hem is right at the bottom of my belt line, while the sleeve ends at my first thumb joint (where it meets my wrist). I don't any have extra room for the sleeves to bunch up. If I had gotten a large (and I might with a second run) there may have been an extra inch in the sleeves, but much of that would have been from the larger shoulders.

Look at CRB's photos on page 7 to get an idea of the fit of different sizes, in his case a medium and a large. If you are usually a medium it would probably fit you as a large did him. But taking the measurements to your tailor is a good idea. -{
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    I would say that the front length especially should be at the very most 1" longer; so 0.5-1" longer zipper.
  • MattGrassMattGrass Orlando, FloridaPosts: 1MI6 Agent
    Anyone have a Medium Navy Royale Harrington I can buy? I bought a Banana Republic in black Harrington and a Club Monaco, Y-3 Haiti look alike in Navy. Opposite way...lol
  • DarkliteDarklite Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Hi all. Does anyone have a medium harrington they want to swap for a small? Pm me if your interested. Thanks
    Chris
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    I’m BACK!

Thank you everyone for your patience, it’s been a chaotic couple of weeks. I had an amazing adventure to the red centre of Australia. My mission was to photograph the SUPERMOON over Uluru (Ayers Rock). I am an avid photographer and the next opportunity to take this photo wouldn’t be until September 2015. So, for this years September 9 Supermoon that’s where I was, and naturally I decided to explore other parts of our baron Australian red centre along the way. It was a wonderful trip and I thought I’d share a few of my favourite photos as I’m sure you guys would appreciate the mission at hand.

So for the moon to appear really large compared to an object in the foreground you need to be as far away from that object as possible on high zoom. A bit of a nightmare to get the angles right, but at 25 kilometres away from Uluru with the moon rising at 91 degrees East, this was the spectacular sight. It’s important to note that Uluru stands 348metres high!!!

Daniel.
    u_P9090185b.jpg

u_P9090199b.jpg

u_P9090227b.jpg

u_P9110331b.jpg

u_P9120350.jpg
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
    And so..... I'm pleased to announce that my QoS Haiti jackets are now for sale on my storefront. These jackets were listed a few days ago and those on my email notification list were advised at that time. After 24hours of the jackets becoming available half of them had already sold, resulting in me now being out of stock in XL Extra Large, but still having sufficient numbers available in most other sizes. Sizing is as expected and inline with the harrington as a point of reference. Some jackets were shipped on Thursday, with the majority of stock being posted on Friday. Thank you everyone for your support.

All the best,

Daniel.

QoS Haiti jacket (Y-3 replica)
    1_front.jpg

2_back.jpg

20140919_133406.jpg
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    Nice photos Dan. I was out at Uluru myself back in 2004 and it's an inspiring place to visit (and damn hot). Just a few days ago i returned from my trip to North Italy and I'd travelled down the Lake Garda Road and through the tunnels where the QoS car chase was filmed so i'm in the QoS zone at the moment and looking forward to the new jacket (I've already had the shipping confirmation thanks).
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    And so..... These jackets were listed a few days ago and those on my email notification list were advised at that time. After 24hours of the jackets becoming available half of them had already sold, resulting in me now being out of stock in XL Extra Large,
    Dam. I need XL. Oh well guess I wasnt meant to own any of your jackets. -{
  • UmpireUmpire Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    edited September 2014
    I have a large Harrington for sale NEW... Reduced to $209 including shipping to Lower 48 US
    Hick1701e@gmail.com. SOLD
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Haiti arrived this morning !

Haven't ever had my hands on an original Y-3 so can't give a direct comparison... But very nice jacket and looks good to me.

Went for same M size and has a slightly snugger fit due to elastane etc, but still perfect in chest and length etc. Fabric is nice and soft and everything else as it should be.....

Thanks Dan, another quality piece !

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Just needs creases to drop out ....
    DSC_0408.jpg

• philwongnzphilwongnz Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    If anyone likes to sell their Small or Medium Harrington pls email me at phillip.wong.pw@gmail.com Im in the UK.

Thanks!
    My Haiti jacket arrived in US customs in Los Angeles yesterday. I wonder it it will be sent on its way before next week.
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    Anyone interested in selling a size large Harrington.... Or exchanging for a medium? I'm in the UK.
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    I received my Haiti jacket and I am thrilled. Dan has done a fantastic job.

As someone who use to have an actual Y3, I can say dan's jacket is as close to the real thing as you could imagine.

The only difference I could tell is the feel of the material. The Y3 maybe had some kind of treatment that made it feel a bit stiffer?

And the fit is great. Only small adjustment I will make is to move the button for the cuff for my small wrists.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    My Haiti Jacket has arrived this morning. I've never seen a Y3 so I will leave that to others to compare. Originally, it was only the Bolivia Harrington that interested me but I was so pleased with that superb jacket that I immediately ordered the Haiti Jacket.

And WOW!! This is another awesome jacket!!! I went up a size for this jacket for a slightly more relaxed fit and I'm really pleased with the fit and look. The material is soft and light and the jacket is SOOOO well made!! Dan, this is fantastic work!! Thank you!

If you missed out on the Harrington (hopefully there will be a re-run....) DO NOT MISS OUT ON THIS!! :007) -{
    Hi guys,
    I'm really glad to hear the awesome feedback coming through on here and in my direct email, especially from those who have owned an original Y-3. I really value your opinions, so keep them coming. Just to update, sold out of XL, only 1 XS left, and 3-4 jackets in the remaining sizes. As mentioned these were produced in a lesser quantity than the harrington, there's only a handful left and this was likely a one of production run. I'll keep them listed exclusively on storenvy for another week, but after that they'll also be on ebay. Thanks for the support guys it means a lot.

All the best,

Daniel.
    Ordered a large as well as think the medium is a bit too fitted for a SA look, so we'll see which fits best...

Not wearing the M tho now so I can sell it as new if thats the outcome :#

M

• TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    Interested in your medium if you decide to sell. I went to grab a medium off the store this morning. Sold out. I shouldn't have waited the extra day.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Got mine today (Haiti) have to say Dan has delivered another cracking example.

Get them before they are gone!

Great job Dan

Cheers :D
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    Just to confirm, there are 4 medium jackets still in stock. TheundeadKennedy thanks for pointing that out. I originally listed them before all jackets had been quality checked, so whatever was on the shelf at that point was listed in the stock levels. I must have forgotten to update the stock levels on the medium. There are now 4 mediums remaining. Sorry about that guys, but all sorted TheundeadKennedy I'll PM you now ;)

Dan.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    XS now sold out, hopefully there will be a remake of the harrington.
    edited September 2014
    I just received my Haiti. I sized up from the Harrington and got a large and am very glad I did. The elastane in the fabric sill gives me a slim fit through the waist and abdomen while the largeer size gives ample room through the shoulders. The sleeves are about an inch longer than the Harrington, but not overly long. Like Kadd I may have to move the buttons on the cuff but that's not a big deal. (And it may be a non-issue, at least on my left wrist, when wearing my dive watch.)

When reading this board, I never really understood the affection for the Y-3. It was just okay to me. It was the quality of the Harrington that convinced me to purchase the Haiti, and I have to say I love this jacket. A big thank you to Dan. -{

And thanks to all those in this thread who convinced him to make this jacket. Now we need that second run of the Harringtons.
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    Medium now ordered :)

Thanks for the PM Dan! I would've kicked myself if I came back in a few days and realized I missed out when there were still a few left -{
  • PmaloyPmaloy Posts: 47MI6 Agent
    Received my jacket. First class!!
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    I picked my Haiti jacket up on Saturday so I've had a couple of days to admire it. Like the Harrington you can tell this is a well made quality garment. The buttons and stitching are solid and the fabric has a good medium weight feel to it.
    I prefer a fitted look so I was glad i went with a smaller size and the elastane in the fabric gives a good trim look. I've not seen an original Y3 so spent more time comparing to movie stills and the details look spot on and I think the collar will sit down a bit more after a bit of wear.
    The two internal pockets are practical and the zip on this jacket is easier to use than the Harrington (if you've watched Davids latest video review you'll see what i mean). I like the neck closure tab when unbuttoned which adds a nice feature to the look.
    I was looking forward to this jacket and I'm very happy with the Haiti and the Harrington. Dan I'd just like to say thanks for all the time and effort you've put into these projects, I'm sure I'm not alone in being very grateful to you for creating these great Bond items for us fans.
    Interested in your medium if you decide to sell. I went to grab a medium off the store this morning. Sold out. I shouldn't have waited the extra day.

Hi, the large is on its way so will pop you a pm once I know which one I'm keeping.... Took about 7 days to arrive last time....

M

Sorry just read further down and see Dan sorted you out, cool !

M

• DarkliteDarklite Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Hi all I've got a small y3 for sale. Unfortunately it's too small for me. It cost £135 delivered so I will accept £120 plus shipping to your country. Smalls are out of stock now so pm me if your interested. Thanks-
    Chris