ROYALE Filmwear 2017 Solden Jacket (its back!!)

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Hi Daniel

After the Y3 jacket do you plan on doing other Bond stuff!!?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    edited October 2014
    I'd love to offer some more items in the future. Feedback on the whole is really positive with the Harrington (looking forward to your review btw) so thats encouraging for future items. I really can't afford to sit on a lot of stock, so it does depend on whether the demand for the item is there.

I have a beautiful sample of the Skyfall pea coat with a full redesign, so that one is ready to go if you guys are interested. (After the Y-3 replica) probably around $180-190 usd I think I could do it for, but I'm yet to be quoted on the wool.

Thoughts?

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    I'd love to offer some more items in the future. Feedback on the whole is really positive with the Harrington (looking forward to your review btw) so thats encouraging for future items. I really can't afford to sit on a lot of stock, so it does depend on whether the demand for the item is there.

I have a beautiful sample of the Skyfall pea coat with a full redesign, so that one is ready to go if you guys are interested. (After the Y-3 replica) probably around $180-190 usd I think I could do it for, but I'm yet to be quoted on the wool.

Thoughts?

Dan.

Interesting tidbit about the peacoat. How are you redesigning it, Dan? I love the look and fit of the Billy Reid charcoal peacoat I bought, but there are a few things about it I don't like: lack of interior pockets, hand warmer pockets that are way too small for my gloved fist (let alone a ppk :D - heck my H&M cotton peacoat has much roomier pockets) and the lack of a partial lining for the sleeves which would have made putting on the coat with a sweater or flannel shirt much easier. Sorry about going off on a tangent there. I know it's beyond the scope of a replica. Still, for the right price I may be interested. I can always have lining added to the sleeves.
  • proteinnerdproteinnerd Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    Depending on the redesign of the Peacoat I could be interested, any chance of some pics?
  • cleanblueskycleanbluesky Posts: 4MI6 Agent

Thoughts?

Dan.

Sounds good

Any plans on a reissue of the lodge jacket?
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    I've received both of mine now. Yes, you read that correctly. I ended up ordering a Medium and Large (QoS jacket) as I wasn't 100% sure on the size. The Large is the one for me. I can actually get in to the medium and zip it up, but it's just a bit too snug for my taste, regardless of what SA is.

The jacket is superb, just as everyone has been saying. My advice echoes the others - get one while you can as Dan may not do another run. The cotton is very dark and a perfect weight - not light, but not heavy either. The pockets are perfectly placed and the fit and feel is extremely comfortable (at least it is on my Large !)

So I'm going to offer the Medium up here for a short while at a small discount if anyone wants to take me up on it. Jacket is currently in the UK with me, so please add postage to wherever you are on top. From Dan a new one will cost you $179 (an UTTER BARGAIN by the way!) so I'll take $20 off that, so selling at $159. I'd prefer Paypal in GBP though, which at today's rate comes to £97 (an UTTER UTTER BARGAIN!)

And now, here are the photos of the one I'm keeping :

IMG_2444_zps87e5b382.jpg

IMG_2446_zps691dfc01.jpg

IMG_2447_zps89764254.jpg
    Very cool mate

Ps - what chest size are you
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] nice looking jacket -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Thanks both, I'm a 41-42" actual chest measurement.
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    CRB - pm sent :)
    Looks good CRB.

For those still unsure of sizing maybe you can posts picks of yourself in the medium for a comparison.

I'm very happy with my medium, although I did discover that to button the collar I'd have to have the button moved over an inch. And, yes, it is a lint magnet.

CRB, you are correct about the weight of the cotton, substantial but not heavy. It feels great and drapes very well.

Well that didn't take long for someone to show an interest in your extra jacket, CRB. :)
    Here's a couple of photos showing the medium fit. I could still easily wear it and I toyed with the idea of keeping both. But I find the shoulders on the medium a bit too restrictive for me personally ( slightly wider than average), so given the limited availability of these, it's better off going to a fellow member.

IMG_2454_zps6585a46a.jpg

IMG_2452_zpsdbfea791.jpg
    Medium now sold!
    Thanks CRB. Glad you got in the pics before it was sold.

I can understand what you are saying about the shoulders. The fit of the medium on you is similar to mine on me, but somehow the slimness of the coat combined with its color and lining is a bit more "formal" somehow. Yes that's a ridiculous term to use with a Harrington, but it seems appropriate. For me this will be more a jacket to wear on a night out. That being said, I might go for a large in the Y3 replica for a more active jacket, if that makes any sense.
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    edited June 2014
    Just received mine. Really impressed with the quality and details. Daniel made me a favor regarding the shipping process so big plus for the service.

I am 175 cm (5'9) and 66 kg (145 lbs) and a small fits me perfectly. It is not a body fit but slim with room for an extra layer.

And btw, I'd buy a Skyfall peacoat from you if you make one. I'd be happy to pay more than the Harrington and Y-3 since it's wool and perhaps a bit more expensive to design and produce.
    Thanks for posting pics Calvin, looking great. I'm glad you ended getting the fit you were looking for. It's been a rather surprising day, having sold 3 jackets in person to a couple of local gents here in Brisbane & Gold Coast. I had the day off so I played courier to one of my original SOLACE customers, who graciously bought 2 of my last Smalls. We had a great catch up and a few laughs about our Bond geekyness ;) which was nice. Just looking through my remaining stock and I now only have two (2) small jackets left. (one more than I thought I had)

So if you're looking for a size small, theres only 2 left and I just sold out of the XL's

Just a note on the upcoming 'Haiti Jacket', the tweaks to the design have been finalised and they've been ordered. They will be in a slightly smaller quantity than the harrington. And also on sizing of the Haiti jacket... the fabric has some stretch in it being 4% Elastane (like spandex) so they are more forgiving through the shoulders etc

I'll get around to taking some pics of the peacoat sample hopefully in the next few days, it's been a busy week for sales and among other things a midweek wedding. Thought you gents might appreciate my best Bond impression.

Thanks guys for your ongoing support,

Dan.
    profile_pic.jpg
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
  • MrIceGuyMrIceGuy AUSTRALIAPosts: 114MI6 Agent
    Id be interested in the Pea-coat as well have seen a few people offering replicas but haven't seen any pictures.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Dan,

Received my Royale Harrington in the mail yesterday - in short, a beautiful jacket and a great likeness to the TF original! The material is a very good match to the TF as well - in color, weight, and texture! Great job on this piece! Thanks for bringing this jacket to this board. I am now anxiously awaiting your Haiti jacket and look forward to its' release.

However, one thing to note, the first time I zipped up the jacket, the top zipper pull broke in my hand. The metal bar that holds the leather pull to the slider bent with very little movement. Not sure if others have had this issue or not - may be just a defective pull but thought I'd bring it to your attention. Dan, is there any chance on getting a replacement?

Otherwise, I highly recommend getting this jacket! I've owned a number of versions of this jacket from various vendors, and this is the closest I've seen to the TF.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • massimomassimo Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Hi Dan,
    I was one of the first to place order (6 june) but I haven't received the jacket.
    In case there were problems with Australian or Italian post , I ask you to take one of the S taken for me (if you have to (re)send the jacket.
    After placing the order on the first day, it would be very disappointing for me to miss the jacket...
    Hope you can fix it.
    Thanks.
    Greetings to all the gentlemen of this great forum.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Amazing jacket....I would go on and on here but this jacket will be featured in an upcoming video focusing on fan projects...suffice to say Daniel hit it out of the park with this one!
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    Got mine today. Another happy customer. A very impressive piece of work!
    image.jpg
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
    massimo wrote:
    Hi Dan,
    I was one of the first to place order (6 june) but I haven't received the jacket.
    In case there were problems with Australian or Italian post , I ask you to take one of the S taken for me (if you have to (re)send the jacket.
    After placing the order on the first day, it would be very disappointing for me to miss the jacket...
    Hope you can fix it.
    Thanks.
    Greetings to all the gentlemen of this great forum.

Hi Massimo,

What did Poste Italiane say when you called them? The jacket has been in Rm Prati Cpd (Rome) since the 26th June. Customs may be holding it for some reason. Please contact 800003322 and 199116699 and quote the ********415AU number. I have spoken to Australia Post twice, but it is simply out of their control now, having been delivered safely to Italy. I have set aside another Small jacket until this is resolved.

Has anyone else had issues sending or receiving items from Italy? Just googling there seems to be a bit of a fuss about Poste Italiane.

Please contact them and quote the tracking number for up to date information

I understand your frustration Massimo,

Hopefully we can resolve it soon,

Dan.
    The Mantis wrote:
    Amazing jacket....I would go on and on here but this jacket will be featured in an upcoming video focusing on fan projects...suffice to say Daniel hit it out of the park with this one!
    Thank you David, that is really good of you to say. I can't wait for the video and am really looking forward to seeing what others have been up too. I'm so pleased you like my jacket, your seal of approval really means a lot.

-{

Daniel.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Well I finally received mine. Canadapost took FOREVER to deliver, and they weren't tracking properly at all. Small fits me great, really glad I didn't get an XS. Only compliant is that the collar isn't put together well at the tips. The manufacturer must have screwed up the pattern slightly as the collar ends are a lot smaller they they should be width wise . Too bad the smalls are sold out now too.
  • VoxIsMyCowboyVoxIsMyCowboy Posts: 47MI6 Agent
    Starting to feel a little left out for not ordering one of these but during the original posts I'd found a cheap blue Harrington that fits perfectly, not like those bad amazon ones with tartan lining, so I'm content with that.

I'd be very interested in a Billy Reid replica though. The only real modifications I can think of would be to add an inner lining with a pocket on each side as nobody has ever seemed too thrilled with the lack of lining on the Billy Reid.

My own peacoat is probably inspired by the BR as it has the same pocket structure (although the collar is larger and more traditional) and was in the shops weeks after Skyfall was released.

Roughly how much would you be thinking of charging for a BR replica Dan? Maybe you could start a new thread if you're serious?
    I finally received mine (wearing it now).

Mine was delayed by myself as I had mine shipped to Bonvu in the US (I had a few TF things to arrive so collated everything together to post as one package)

Anyhow as the owner of the original Solace run and now this reissue the difference in quality is night and day!!!!! The material is much much better and more like the TF original (which I also owned at one point but was unfortunately a few sizes too small)

For the price its a superb replica and most likely the best out there.

I also own 2 QoS Y3 Harrington's therefore was not really bothered about Daniels Y3 replica however after being so impressed with this jacket I think I will also buy the Y3 replica (I love harringtons hence the more the merrier)

I wore Daniels older version as a "knocking around" kinda jacket, although the styling was great it felt a bit cheap, the material being thin, flimsy and the Navy colour not as dark. With this new revised jacket I feel like Bond wearing it!!!!!

My biggest compliment is for the price I prob wish I had bought 2!

Great effort Daniel!!!!!
    welshboy78 wrote:

Mine was delayed by myself as I had mine shipped to Bonvu in the US (I had a few TF things to arrive so collated everything together to post as one package)

Anyhow as the owner of the original Solace run and now this reissue the difference in quality is night and day!!!!! The material is much much better and more like the TF original (which I also owned at one point but was unfortunately a few sizes too small)

I also own 2 QoS Y3 Harrington's therefore was not really bothered about Daniels Y3 replica however after being so impressed with this jacket I think I will also buy the Y3 replica (I love harringtons hence the more the merrier)

I wore Daniels older version as a "knocking around" kinda jacket, although the styling was great it felt a bit cheap, the material being thin, flimsy and the Navy colour not as dark. With this new revised jacket I feel like Bond wearing it!!!!!

Great effort Daniel!!!!!

Just curious which size you got, welshboy78. Two Y-3s? Trying to corner the market? :)
    I went for a Large (it is slim fitting) and prob right for me, the next size up would be too big (for ref I'm a 43 chest)

Im also a L in Y3
    welshboy78 wrote:

Great effort Daniel!!!!!
    I'm so pleased you approve welshboy78 :) having owned one of the genuine jackets I really value your opinion. I certainly agree with you, just improving the fabric weight and tweaking some of the details, there is a huge difference between this ROYALE jacket and the old SOLACE jacket. It was some of your original feedback that helped me improve, so thank you. I'm pretty excited about the Haiti jacket its shaping up to be a nice piece
  • db5.007db5.007 SwitzerlandPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    Looking forward to that - Plse keep us updated.
    "Surround yourself with human beings, they are easier to fight for than principles.”