ROYALE Filmwear 2017 Solden Jacket (its back!!)

Comments

• NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    I collected my jacket this morning so i've had few hours to try it on. Dan this jacket of yours is superb, the whole thing is quality. The material feels like it will last years even with frequent use. The rest of the jacket is very solid with no loose buttons or stitching and the pockets inside and out are well constructed. I've compared it against some movie stills and the details look spot on. I agree with Kadd and sized down for a better fit and this is probably the best fitting sport jacket i now own (it was worth carefully going through your sizing instructions).
    Many thanks for undertaking this project Dan, I'm looking forward to the Y3 replica. Ray
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    edited June 2014
    Thank you very much gentlemen for your feedback, lots of hours went into this one as you know and I'm so pleased I could finally provide this jacket for you all. Its been a real learning experience and I'm extremely pleased to say that David Zaritsky also has one in the post, which is a real honour for me that he even considered my product, being the JB authority that he is.

Just a couple of things to mention.

I quality check every item as thorougly as I can before it ships, but I am human, and I can miss things, so always email me straight away if something is amiss with a jacket of mine that you receive. (not that anything should be, but if there is I will make it right however I can)

Also, on sizing. The difference with the sizing this time around is as follows. The medium being the most popular size is the same as my original jacket, but I have made the difference between the sizes a little larger. So... when compared to my original harrington jacket you will notice that the large jackets are larger and the small jackets are smaller with the medium remaining the same. Simply because the jackets have a greater difference between sizing (from the medium out) Hopefully this clarifys it if you own one of my originals.

Thank you for supporting me guys, I can only make these things happen if it is economically viable to do so,

All the best,

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Judging by all these happy posts I am looking forward to receiving my jacket as well....I love these passion projects and love the fact that you set out on a journey of improvement. Says a lot about your zeal and tenacity for Bond pieces like this.

The jacket will be a part of a video focusing on these types of fan projects such as the OHMSS wedding ring, Madagascar shirt, Enjoying Death shirt, and this harrington jacket....each story had it's own adventures to it but they all had people at it's core who never gave up!
  • UnbeatenAcornUnbeatenAcorn Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    My jacket has been in Los Angeles for 3 days. Finally on its way. I hope to get it on Monday.

Same here! The wait was killer, hoping to be able to finally try it on today!
  • bassopotamusbassopotamus Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    edited June 2014
    my jacket arrived today! only took 10 days to get over here to the USA. I have to say I'm very impressed. the cotton twill feels sturdy and strong like it'll last a very long time. zips and buttons all work fine. color is a perfect deep midnight navy. sleeves are thankfully long enough too (even for my lengthy arms)! can't say how it compares to the tom ford because I've never seen or owned one. all I can say is it's an amazing looking jacket that I'm in love with. I wanted this not only because of bond but because the harrington is such a classic. from steve mcqueen to 007, this jacket is a must for anyone who wants a timeless piece of clothing.

I ended up going with the XS and it fits perfectly as if it were a custom tailored jacket. I'm about 6'1, 155 lbs with a 37-38" chest. normally buy smalls in jackets/shirts. so if you're debating between 2 sizes, I'd probably go with the smaller one for a more tailored fit, unless you'd like a little extra room for layers.

here's a crappy iphone pic just to get a little idea of the fit.

qosharrington.jpg

so there you have it folks. definitely recommend this jacket! it's badass. props to daniel for taking on this project and creating one hell of a jacket at an affordable price! he also shipped very fast, he had mine in the mail the day after I ordered it.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Looking good!!!

Mine arrived at my USA shippers today but will be a while before I get hold if it!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Looking good!!!

Mine arrived at my USA shippers today but will be a while before I get hold if it!!

Thanks! hope you can get it sooner rather than later. you won't be disappointed!
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    Ok, I'm sold. Was on the fence, but decided to pull the trigger. Can't wait to get it!! :)
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    My jacket arrived on Friday but I didn't get a chance to get my hands on it until today.
    I am VERY impressed!!!
    This is a very well made jacket! Excellent quality, material and feel. Much better than I was expecting if I'm honest. Perfect fit too.
    Bloody good work Dan!! Thank you -{

One very happy customer here! :007) :)
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    bassopotamus, looks great! After seeing your pic, and measurements I'm thinking I should have got the XS instead of the small. We'll have to see when mine arrives. It's taking it's sweet time getting to Canada.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    I received my jacket yesterday and am extremely pleased. The midnight blue color is striking. The look and feel of the jacket is superb.

I'm 6'4" with a 41-42 inch chest and ordered a medium. The jacket fits as if it was tailored for me. Slim fit, high armholes, and sleeves that end exactly where my thumb joint meets my wrist. Dan was correct stating the fit is more like a suit jacket. The only other outerwear I have that are fitted the same are my Billy Reid pieces.

The only criticisms I can give is that the jacket will be a lint magnet and on my jacket the zipper pin sticks when removing it from or placing it in the slide.

If anyone out there is on the fence about this jacket, don't be. It is a damn fine jacket, regardless of the Bond connection. Now that I own one of your Harringtons, Dan, I'm seriously considering ordering a Y-3, and I didn't have any interest in one prior.

Thanks, Dan. -{
    I received my jacket yesterday and am extremely pleased. The midnight blue color is striking. The look and feel of the jacket is superb.

I'm 6'4" with a 41-42 inch chest and ordered a medium. The jacket fits as if it was tailored for me. Slim fit, high armholes, and sleeves that end exactly where my thumb joint meets my wrist. Dan was correct stating the fit is more like a suit jacket. The only other outerwear I have that are fitted the same are my Billy Reid pieces.

The only criticisms I can give is that the jacket will be a lint magnet and on my jacket the zipper pin sticks when removing it from or placing it in the slide.

If anyone out there is on the fence about this jacket, don't be. It is a damn fine jacket, regardless of the Bond connection. Now that I own one of your Harringtons, Dan, I'm seriously considering ordering a Y-3, and I didn't have any interest in one prior.

Thanks, Dan. -{

Sounds like the perfect fit!!!!!

Ive still got the first version of Dans jacket somewhere - sounds like huge improvements (the material last time was paper thin).

Looking forward to this - one cannot have too many Harringtons! :D
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited June 2014
    With these great reviews, I've just placed my order for one, as well. I've got the TF Harrington but am really looking forward to receiving this one, and making it a daily wear.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    TheExit148 wrote:
    bassopotamus, looks great! After seeing your pic, and measurements I'm thinking I should have got the XS instead of the small. We'll have to see when mine arrives. It's taking it's sweet time getting to Canada.

thank you! you might still be ok with the small, I'm not sure of your exact measurements or how snug you may like your jackets but the changes from XS to S aren't too overly drastic. a couple inches in the chest and waist but that's about it. hope it fits you well.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Sounds like the perfect fit!!!!!

Ive still got the first version of Dans jacket somewhere - sounds like huge improvements (the material last time was paper thin).

Looking forward to this - one cannot have too many Harringtons! :D

welshboy78, I hope it works for you. I have a 35" measured waist and find I don't need to use the waist adjusters. In fact if I did it would be too small. Putting on the Harrington reminded me of when I first tried on my size large BR peacoat.

I'm very interested in a comparison review by you or anyone who also has a Harrington from Dan's original run or the Magnoli reproduction.

DBS wrote:
    With these great reviews, I've just placed my order for one, as well. I've got the TF Harrington but am really looking forward to receiving this one, and making it a daily wear.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Craig, we are in a very different income bracket. My Royale will be an occasional use item. My daily Harrington is from J.C. Penny's. :))

The Mantis wrote:
    Judging by all these happy posts I am looking forward to receiving my jacket as well....I love these passion projects and love the fact that you set out on a journey of improvement. Says a lot about your zeal and tenacity for Bond pieces like this.

The jacket will be a part of a video focusing on these types of fan projects such as the OHMSS wedding ring, Madagascar shirt, Enjoying Death shirt, and this harrington jacket....each story had it's own adventures to it but they all had people at it's core who never gave up!

Mantis, I look forward to the video.
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    I got my Jacket the other day! First off, Thank you, Daniel! This jacket is pretty amazing!! The size Small I received is a really tight fit athletic fit, I am about 38-39 chest size, do you think getting the Medium would be good? I am thinking of ordering another one because I was so delighted with the look and feel of the jacket. Are the Small to Medium measurements really that big of a difference? If anyone has any feedback, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sriram
    UPDATE: SOLD OUT OF XS & ONLY TWO XL’s LEFT

I’m so pleased to see this feedback coming through, and I’d love to see some more pics from others who would happily share them with us all, so we can better help those yet to purchase choose sizing. For those that own my original jacket I thought I’d illustrate the change in sizing. As I mentioned previously the smalls are smaller and the larges are larger, with the medium jacket remaining the same.

I work in metric (cm) so I’ll talk in that. Originally there was 4cm difference between chest sizes, this was originally intended to give people options in fit (4cm is less than normal sizing) Instead, it resulted in many sizing errors when purchasing, with people often underestimating their sizing.

In this run of jackets the difference between sizes is 6cm (in the chest) this is much more in line with globally accepted standards and has resulted in much less confusion in sizing.

So far, of those jackets which have been received the only 2 sizing issues that I have been made aware of are too small. Both gentlemen have elected to also purchase the next size up.

Please note that because of the high armholes (like a suit) a little extra room in the chest goes unnoticed and the net result is still a fitted jacket in both appearance and feel. If others could continue to chime in on the fit of this jacket through the armholes, back and shoulders that would be great.

I have attached my old ‘SOLACE’ sizing and the new ‘ROYALE’ sizing (chest only) so that you can see the medium specs are the same, but there is now a greater difference between sizes outwards from the medium.

Thank you very much to you all for your ongoing support, pleased be advised that at this point I have no immediate plans to do another run of these jackets, that will depend strictly upon demand.

Thanks again and all thes best,

Dan.

Solace_Vs_Royale.jpg
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Daniel, I received mine and I think this one is miles ahead of your previous version. I am for the most part very pleased with the outcome of this product. However, there were just a few things on my size Medium that I was curious if anyone else had experienced. The sleeves are stated as 27" on the measurement chart and mine are 26". Also, the back measures an inch shorter than stated. Do you have any mediums left with the extra sleeve length?
    McQueen wrote:
    Daniel, I received mine and I think this one is miles ahead of your previous version. I am for the most part very pleased with the outcome of this product. However, there were just a few things on my size Medium that I was curious if anyone else had experienced. The sleeves are stated as 27" on the measurement chart and mine are 26". Also, the back measures an inch shorter than stated. Do you have any mediums left with the extra sleeve length?

As most of you know, I desperately wanted to get these listed and posted to you guys as quickly as possible and that meant midnight checking on the Thursday night before they were listed. Since McQueen posted I have thoroughly measured a selection of the remaining stock. I have found that the sleeves could be up to 1/2inch shorter than originally stated. (ranging from 26.5"-27" on a medium jacket)

The back length on some mediums has come in around 6-7mm shorter than stated. These things will be unnoticed by most people as many of you were requesting a 26.5" sleeve on the medium anyhow and indeed a shorter back length, but unfortunately for those out there who, like McQueen do have very long arms, it is an issue for which I apologise, having overstated the sleeve length.

PM me if required

I have made the following subtle changes to the sizing table to reflect this:
    1. Removed 1/2inch from the stated sleeve length.
    2. Removed 1/2inch from the back length.

Looking forward to hearing back from you McQueen.
    All the best,
    Dan.

Rerevised_2014_sizing.jpg
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Dan, do you think you'll use the same sizing for your Y3/Haiti jacket?
    kadd wrote:
    Dan, do you think you'll use the same sizing for your Y3/Haiti jacket?

Yes sir, will try to keep sizing simple from now on. I will endeavour to bump the sleeve length back up that extra 1/2" though to make sure everyone is happy. They are very similar jackets in fit.

;)
    Dan, my jacket fits well, even with the slightly smaller size. Although being 6'4" I'd be happy with it being longer. Thankfully I don't wear very low waisted trousers. If I decide to go for a Y3/Haiti, will I be able to request one of the longer jackets should there be a variation in individual size? I placed the order for the Harrington so quickly on my phone the first day it was available I don't recall if there was a section to include a note to you.

Thanks,

Steve
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    PM'd SilverFinger
  • philwongnzphilwongnz Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    Hi guys,

Does anyone who owns this jacket also wear TF suits? I am a 48 in Base A or Windsor, 50 in O'Connor or Base B, D or Y. The problem with me is, my shoulders are slightly wider than my frame cos I work out. Should I get the XS or S? I am planning to only wear a T underneath

Also when will the XS be back in stock?

Also an XL just been sold on the bay, the back is layered compared to this model, I trust this one is not exactly the same style as the one in the movie

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOM-FORD-Harrington-Jacket-44-the-Original-JAMES-BOND-QUANTUM-OF-SOLACE-Jacket-/310986864195?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=oa0mUrlvLwxSFUGlHMcR7mgqO24%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Thanks
    The one on eBay has incorrect webbed back
    The one on ebay also has a leather lined collar.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Just got mine. So far a lovely fit, and the color is several shades darker than the Magnoli, which is good news for me. I thought I'd have to have the sleeves shortened, but they're kinda hitting where they need to. Good stuff!
    How's the material thickness guys? If I remember correctly the original TF was similar to the Y3 Harrington

Mines still at Bonvu as waiting for a shirt to turn up before I ship the lot
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Dan

Good one mate

Jacket is spot on. I am a 41 chest and 6 ft. Medium is perfect (as the Large was in the previous run) Sleeves much better length, especially when they crease up a bit. Fabric much heavier and all details improved.

Top job !!!

If you are thinking of ordering one, don't hesitate !

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    philwongnz wrote:

Does anyone who owns this jacket also wear TF suits? I am a 48 in Base A or Windsor, 50 in O'Connor or Base B, D or Y. The problem with me is, my sholders are slightly wider than my frame cos I work out. Should I get the XS or S? I am planning to only wear a T underneath

Also when will the XS be back in stock?

Also an XL just been sold on the bay, the back is layered compared to this model, I trust this one is not exactly the same style as the one in the movie

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOM-FORD-Harrington-Jacket-44-the-Original-JAMES-BOND-QUANTUM-OF-SOLACE-Jacket-/310986864195?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=oa0mUrlvLwxSFUGlHMcR7mgqO24%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Thanks
    Wow that original although not screen accurate was a steal for someone. Just to reiterate guys I don't have any immediate plans to do another run of these, unless there is some overwhelming demand as a result of David Zaritskys' video review. Sorry to those who missed out on the XS.

All the best,

Daniel.