Comments

• DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    This is the only Bond forum I'm on.

As for non-Bond forums, I'm on the following:

1. Airliners.net
    2. Australian Ford Forums
    3. Whirlpool Forums
    4. Diecast Aircraft Forums

I'm also a member on Trekspace and PPRuNe but rarely (if ever) post.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Well Firemass I was thinking of other Bond forums, although it would be
    Interesting to see what other interests members might have as well. :D
    you really don't want to know TP :)) :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :)) Yes, a very dangerous question. :D ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    This is it. For me there are no others.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Together with TP, I am a moderator on a scarf-knitting forum :D
    Then I am a regular at Deaton's Jamesbondwatches Blog
    Thinking about making the misty-eyed fans being covered by their own forum though :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    edited April 2014
    I'm a member of *another Bond site* but I have to use my limited time better these days.
    This is the site for serious conversation without trolls, specific actor hate (mr. misty eyes notwithstanding :)) ) & unnecessary drama IMO.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • AirJordanFan93AirJordanFan93 Posts: 92MI6 Agent
    In terms of actual Bond forums this is the only one I frequent. A lot of the ones I found when looking for Bond forums at the start of the year were pretty much dead.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Did TP even start with a Brain? :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I do, I keep it in a lovely Perspex jar. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Attached to a Super Computer?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Indeed, to the most super of all computers The Sinclair ZX Spectrum. :))

computer.jpg
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,336Chief of Staff
    Wow, nostalgia sets in... I had one of those. I think I still have the AVTAK game for.it up in the loft!
    Where it's split into a Mine Scene and a Driving Scene?
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Wow, nostalgia sets in... I had one of those. I think I still have the AVTAK game for.it up in the loft!

Found the AVTAK game far too complex so it went back to W.H. Smith. :(

But I was amazed how the characters actually looked more life-like than Roger Moore in the film.
    Beyond how bad the game was, I can't remember the details much. Hey, 30 years ago, y'know! :))
    http://youtu.be/6qJxYDSD40M

Behold the life like graphics ste. :))
    Oh dear Lord, it's worse than I thought! :))
    I can remember buying computer mags, inputting several pages of code
    To make a car drive round an oval track. Well really it looked like a block
    Going round a thick black line, :)) and if you went off the track the whole
    thing crashed :D. Ah! Happy days.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Unbelievable! An admin on CBn named Dustin, a real tool, banned me for using the same word (which was "bull-sh*t") he himself used in response to my post. Wow, talk about an abuse of power as a way to win an argument, a bully through and through in how he posts in threads and through forum administration, what a loser! The ban was for a month, but I've asked him to just delete my account.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    Good for you -{
    I've always found your posts extremely knowledgeable, informative and
    Entertaining. It's their loss. Anyway, We have way better mods on AJB -{
    Good for you -{

Thank you, TP! Yes, we do have better mods who bore through "occasional" stubborness and yet have been more than fair and accommodating to me through the years.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,584Chief of Staff
    superado wrote:
    Good for you -{

Thank you, TP! Yes, we do have better mods who bore through "occasional" stubborness and yet have been more than fair and accommodating to me through the years.

Yea, we can be...probably me more than most...but I always try and give second chances where I can (sometimes too many 'second chances')...but as said above...we are happy to have you here -{
    YNWA 97
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:
    Unbelievable! An admin on CBn named Dustin, a real tool, banned me for using the same word (which was "bull-sh*t") he himself used in response to my post. Wow, talk about an abuse of power as a way to win an argument, a bully through and through in how he posts in threads and through forum administration, what a loser! The ban was for a month, but I've asked him to just delete my account.

That's pretty outrageous, but as TP says it's their loss.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Can I just ally myself to what my friends have said above? Glad you're one of us, supes.
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Barbel, BL, Sir Miles, TP, everyone for your support and most especially, your welcome, which really means a lot to me at this time. I believe I was going on 10 years there and had just recently reached my 100th post!

BTW, I was able to access their site using my friend's computer (I guess my IP address is flagged) and see that my profile still exists like my propped up corpse, despite me responding to their forum email to delete my account; I also saw this person's "ban warning" to me that he posted after the fact, much much later...very insidious indeed!
    CBN is terrible anyway.
    Warning, this might ramble. :))

On joining a forum like AJB, you ego does take a hit, in fact a few hits. :D
    If you're like me, then you are " The Bond Guy " where you live, and no one
    Has ever questioned your views and opinions, so Happy days. :x
    Then you join a forum, and are a little taken aback when everyone isn't
    Down on their knees praising your every thought and views on all things
    Bond. :# next you realise, that even though you've been into Bond since
    You were a kid, Some people have the Effrontery to know much more about
    the film/book/ history/ collecting .... Than you do ! X-(
    So that's a couple of hits for your ego. :D
    If you are a bit of an assh*le, you fight against this and try and prove yourself
    Correct all the time, arguing over the tiniest little thing. Getting a bit rude with
    others. ( I went down that route on first joining , luckily I was given a second
    chance {[] )
    If you're smart, you'll be thankful that you've found a forum filled with so many
    People who know so much about the Books/ Films etc, and who are willing to
    answer any question. -{
    I can honestly say the kindness and generosity shown to me by the members
    and Friends on AJB, would have my bottom lip wobble in a soft girly sort of
    Way, only I'm far too macho to do something as soft as that. :))
    Sure a couple I've pm'ed haven't responded but I'm sure they want their privacy.
    Before joining AJB I did look at a few forums, but AJB seemed to have a great
    Sence of humour, and unlike some it's very active, maybe I'm a bit too active
    but If I can respond to anyone's question or either agree or argue with someone's
    post then I do.
    I can still remember the old "little Britain" catch phrase ( changed slightly ) for
    AJB " I was the only Bond fan in the village " , so it's great to be able to discuss
    and comment with other friends and I think if people can keep in mind that
    Basically we all all a bunch of Bond bores sitting around a pub table talking,
    a load of what non fans would think of as Boll*cks ! :))
    Oh! ................ and most members are polite enough to ignore
    All my spelling mistakes , ( it's my phones fault ) :))
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Indeed, to the most super of all computers The Sinclair ZX Spectrum. :))

computer.jpg

My mate had the printer for the spectrum - it was more like a till roll! :D

I was more a C64 man myself! Happy days when gaming was fun, kind of appreciated the games back then!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Oh, I advanced to a C64, :)) the fun of waiting for a cassette to load up. :D