Other Forums ?

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    *Plays with his Xbox One*
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Is that a euphemism ? ;)
    Many of us are only truly happy with a joystick in our hands ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    *It took Surgeons a good few Hours to remove the Smile from my Face*
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    :)) :)) :))
    Surely that should be in the movie quotes thread, and don't call me Shirley!
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Warning, this might ramble. :))

On joining a forum like AJB, you ego does take a hit, in fact a few hits. :D
    If you're like me, then you are " The Bond Guy " where you live, and no one
    Has ever questioned your views and opinions, so Happy days. :x
    Then you join a forum, and are a little taken aback when everyone isn't
    Down on their knees praising your every thought and views on all things
    Bond. :# next you realise, that even though you've been into Bond since
    You were a kid, Some people have the Effrontery to know much more about
    the film/book/ history/ collecting .... Than you do ! X-(
    So that's a couple of hits for your ego. :D
    If you are a bit of an assh*le, you fight against this and try and prove yourself
    Correct all the time, arguing over the tiniest little thing. Getting a bit rude with
    others. ( I went down that route on first joining , luckily I was given a second
    chance {[] )
    If you're smart, you'll be thankful that you've found a forum filled with so many
    People who know so much about the Books/ Films etc, and who are willing to
    answer any question. -{
    I can honestly say the kindness and generosity shown to me by the members
    and Friends on AJB, would have my bottom lip wobble in a soft girly sort of
    Way, only I'm far too macho to do something as soft as that. :))
    Sure a couple I've pm'ed haven't responded but I'm sure they want their privacy.
    Before joining AJB I did look at a few forums, but AJB seemed to have a great
    Sence of humour, and unlike some it's very active, maybe I'm a bit too active
    but If I can respond to anyone's question or either agree or argue with someone's
    post then I do.
    I can still remember the old "little Britain" catch phrase ( changed slightly ) for
    AJB " I was the only Bond fan in the village " , so it's great to be able to discuss
    and comment with other friends and I think if people can keep in mind that
    Basically we all all a bunch of Bond bores sitting around a pub table talking,
    a load of what non fans would think of as Boll*cks ! :))

Wow, TP! It's as if you read my mind! I would be surprised if most of our fellow members didn't share your feelings about this forum, and we thank you for the warmth, the sense of humor, and yes, the knowledge that you bring to AJB! -{
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Wow, TP! It's as if you read my mind! I would be surprised if most of our fellow members didn't share your feelings about this forum, and we thank you for the warmth, the sense of humor, and yes, the knowledge that you bring to AJB! -{

Amen to that {[]
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    edited June 2014
    Oh the Humour was already here BL & AA. Lots of jokers on aAJB. :))
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    I can honestly say the kindness and generosity shown to me by the members
    and Friends on AJB, would have my bottom lip wobble in a soft girly sort of
    Way, only I'm far too macho to do something as soft as that.

lol, I know what you mean. There's just this laid back mode that exists on AJB where you can figuratively kick back and lounge in your boxers at home, like I sometimes do when I'm online :D
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    I concur with TP -{
    Whenever I read one of your posts superado, I'll imagine you in your boxers. :))
    Whenever I read one of your posts superado, I'll imagine you in your boxers. :))

And nylons? Or is it just me?
    OK, I'll imagine you in nylons BL. :D
    OK, I'll imagine you in nylons BL. :D

Uh oh! I hope you haven't just eaten! :))
    :)) :)) :))
    This is turning into a very sexy thread. :D perhaps we should get back on topic. :))
    But if it helps I tend to wear nothing but some Chanel No 5 when I'm posting. :p
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I'm wearing one of Peppermill's Tom Ford suits - the very small one in red :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    I hope you laundered it first ! :)) :p
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Great post in #58 Thunderpussy. I am a member on all 3 Bond forums but this is the only one I participate in of the three.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • JamesBondBlogJamesBondBlog USAPosts: 34MI6 Agent
    I'll check the topics at CNB and MI6 Community but I consider AJB to be a notch above in terms of discussion and intelligence. B-)

If I look at MI6 I usually end up getting annoyed. I don't like to be annoyed.

CNB is ok, but not as active as here.
    I'm wearing one of Peppermill's Tom Ford suits - the very small one in red :))

I was wondering where I left it!
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Must have been cold the last time it was worn, C&D said he found
    Four socks stuffed in it. :)) :p ;)
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Apart from my early days looking for a home on the web, I looked
    at a few other forums, even posted on one or two, but AJB007
    Always seemed to be filled with more normal people than some
    Of the others.
    So I was wondering if many here, visit or comment on other forums.
    As I keep myself faithful to AJB, as any rumours etc, will turn up here
    too.
    No need to give other names used etc. Just a few opinions . :))

I only comment on ajb007 , but I do view other sites. mi6-hq is good for new Bond film news when filming starts.
    ThebookBond is good for cover images and Commanderbond.net also for news and info.

Bleuville.

A yes, I lent it to the Red Hot Chili Peppers!
    You only lent it ? I thought you ......

Give it away give it away give it away give it away now. ;)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    I also post as Dragonpol on MI6 Community, and as Dr Kananga MP on the Historum site.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,336Chief of Staff
    Peppermill wrote:

A yes, I lent it to the Red Hot Chili Peppers!

A couple of years ago, one of my band's tracks was included on a compilation cd alongside one from the Red Hot Chilli Pipers. We were quite excited at first, until we looked more closely. :))

http://www.fatea-showcase-sessions.co.uk/summer11.html
    :))
    I've heard the red hot chilli pipers , some great music :D
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    :))
    I've heard the red hot chilli pipers , some great music :D

Funny you should mention that, but last weekend I took my nephews to see 'How To Train Your Dragon 2' and noticed a credit for the "Red Hot Chilli Pipers' and thought it was a fantastic name and a great play on words. Now I've seen them mentioned twice in one week!
    They are a young band only the most cool, trendy, in the know
    Young hipsters, radio 1, audience demographic type contemporary
    Guys have heard of them. {[]
    So how the likes of me and Barbel got to hear of them I don't know ? :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

Knowledge??? :v
    TP and Knowledge???

That would be like a Dalton movie without the tears! :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    As Gadget Meister wrote on another thread, don't you have an egg
    you have to go and work on. :p :))