The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff
    Nice to hear you're here! :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I'm often here too, but mostly I sit in a corner talking loudly to myself about Norway :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    :)) :))
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I'm often here too, but mostly I sit in a corner talking loudly to myself about Norway :))

I was thinking about you the other day N24 .... I've been watching an old travel programme were the presenter started off in your place, up to Svalbard , onto Iceland then up to Greenland.

It looks very, very cold! :s

My hubby has decided we must go off there one day just so can buy a load a winter gear tp wrap up in :)) :))
    The temperature depends very much on where and when you go. I'm in southern Norway and right now (8 o'clock in the evening) it's 20 degrees celsius outside. That's 68 Fahrenheit. But if you think you like cold there's northeren lights, ice hotels in lots of spies in the far north during the winter.
    Number24 wrote:
    The temperature depends very much on where and when you go. I'm in southern Norway and right now (8 o'clock in the evening) it's 20 degrees celsius outside. That's 68 Fahrenheit. But if you think you like cold there's northeren lights, ice hotels in lots of spies in the far north during the winter.

20 degrees!! That's no good.Hubby wants arctic conditions so North it will have to be. As I said, it's mainly an excuse to buy a ton of winter wear. He loves a good coat. After last nights episode he quite fancies Sirius Dog Sled Patrol in Greenland. :)) :))

The presenter, Alexander Armstrong, stayed in one of those ice hotels in Norway and didn't enjoy it. I had a friend stayed in one a couple of years ago and she didn't enjoy it either.
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Good Heavens! Hullo M'Lady, its been a while since we last saw You in here! Holly and Freddie have been taking it in turns to keep an eye on your rare wine collection. The scratched and leaking ones are Freddies efforts.

Who is staying for the film tonight? Our Guest projectionist is already here, and Holly wants to see the film too, so the Nibbles are on the table over there.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    A humanoid robot walks out of the kitchen and waunders over to the mods area...

“Braeman is ready to show the film Mr Thunderbird 2”

Thanks Braeman, we are ready.... Go!
    A.R.S.E? Crannies Ginger Raspberry please, I’m pooped!
    Good Heavens! Hullo M'Lady, its been a while since we last saw You in here! Holly and Freddie have been taking it in turns to keep an eye on your rare wine collection. The scratched and leaking ones are Freddies efforts.

Who is staying for the film tonight? Our Guest projectionist is already here, and Holly wants to see the film too, so the Nibbles are on the table over there.

Marvellous.

A bit early in the day, even for me, for wine so I'll just have a latte.

I'll be back later for the good stuff. :v
    Very good Ma'am!

One 'frothing M' Latte as requested. :)
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    In need of a good wintery drink (JTM’s in the Southern Hemisphere), does the bar do a good Irish coffee or Hot Toddy?

More importantly, I haven’t seen our most prolific poster, Thunderpussy, around these parts for a couple of months—I hope everything’s alright.
    I got a PM from TP yesterday and he's fine :D
    (TB2 is wearing his IR Hazmat suit. He places a huge heavily steaming tankerd on the bar. Its making extremely high pitched whistling noises and starts violently shaking, then angrily hopping across the bar.)

No no NO!

(Holly starts caterwauling as the mug makes a high pitched shriek on top of the whistling!! Freddie also starts crying and sheieking, before diving under the A.R.S.E seemingly for safety. Using thick industrial gloves over his gauntlets, TB2 carefully uses industrial tongs to throw a sizeable horse pill shell filled with a yellow liquid into the tankard. Its like waiting for a small volcano to settle.
    The shaking, whistling and shrieking all dramatically subside to gently vibrating, with an odd spasm that makes the tankard do a little "hop" every now and then. These reduce in favour of a low angry simmering. Anyone near the bar experiences severe ears popping and a brief wave of heat.
    Holly who has gone from the caterwauling to consistent low growling, stares at the tankard with open hostility, her flattened ears fold up slightly as the noises subside. She also retracts her claws. Freddie continues to make a din.)

One Captain Janeway, caffeine junkie as requested JCT! (Gulps) Crikey that one nearly got away form me. I forgot they have strengthened the blend again for this winter!

M'Lady, what should I crack open? We have a new vintage Rose Spring wine? I'm quite fond of it myself. Its delicious but powerful in strength, (glances at the tankard) in the alcohol sense, I hasten to add, not voracity. I intend to have a large Sherry!

No 24 as a creature of habit... here is your Coke Zero.

FREDDIE! Stop that damned noise!! (The howling from under the sideboard subsides to a mewing whimper)
    (Grabs the Coke Zero)

Thank you -{
    My friend, I'll have one of those too please.

(Not the Coke Zero)
  • SpectreOfDefeatSpectreOfDefeat Posts: 404MI6 Agent
    A little early in the evening admittedly, but it'll be a vodka martini for me please.

Since this is an off-topic thread I'd like to take the opportunity to blatantly plug my fanfiction novella, Services Rendered, over on the literature side of things. Any and all feedback on that project highly appreciated...

"The spectre of defeat..."

I'll buy you a virtual drink, SoD, and hope you enjoy the S&BS. I'm enjoying your thoughts on the Bond movies, hope you write some more- and perhaps join us tomorrow to.groupwatch SP?
    Good thing I made a vat of the stuff! - Here you go Barbel Capt Janeway Caffine Junkie No 2.

(A second tankard is placed on the bar. It "hiccups" Twice, then settles down.
    Again Holly does not take her eyes off the container, but she looks mre relaxed than before.
    Freddie's tail is sticking out from under the end of the Sideboard. The A.R.S.E, not paying any attention
    to him, is making gentle ticking noises to itself.)

Peace and quiet! Barbel I'm sorry to say although I will be online tomorrow night, I won't have the film on.
    I have bits and pieces I have to get done tomorrow night (And I have to get up early on Tuesday. too. 8-)
    That's a shame, you'll be missed TB2.
    Barbel wrote:
    That's a shame, you'll be missed TB2.

No I won't! I'll still be in here adding the odd comment or two by tracking what is being said. :)

Think of it as a "holographic remote conference" version of Me. I'm just glad I was able to do the
    two most critical ones to Me so far, CR-06 and TWINE. Do we know what is on the Menu for Friday?
    R2D2 and Tinplate 242 have promised to return that evening.
    I believe that Higgins has FYEO in mind for Friday, then of course CR67 :)) . I would also throw in CR54 but it's possible that not everyone would have that one to hand (though it is on YouTube).
    I don't have CR-67, but I'm looking forward to watching SPECTRE tomorrow night and I'll stock up for the watchalong. I've been told Coke Zero and potatoe chips are the last word on Bondian food and drink :007)

Watching CR-54 on Youtube with you sounds fun too.
    FYEO and CR-67...

Form the height of Moore era Drama and Cold War intrigue and an AMAZING "Machine that goes Ping"
    To psychedelic nonsensical Hell. Apart from the Exploding Grouse, and Drinka Pinta Milka BOOM!!!

Makes me shudder at the very idea.
    The good thing about CR54 is that it's not as widely known as the real Bond movies. And it might be fun to hear the reactions from those who don't know it.
    I've seen CR-67 and it didn't interest me a much. CR-54 I haven't seen and I look forward to doing so.
    FYEO and CR-67...

Form the height of Moore era Drama and Cold War intrigue and an AMAZING "Machine that goes Ping"
    To psychedelic nonsensical Hell. Apart from the Exploding Grouse, and Drinka Pinta Milka BOOM!!!

Makes me shudder at the very idea.

Oh, I agree that it's awful. But for completeness it should be covered.

David Niven is always worth watching, the score is superb (though not in the least Bondian), Orson Welles is a good Bond villain and there are many, many lovely ladies. But..... :#
  • SpectreOfDefeatSpectreOfDefeat Posts: 404MI6 Agent
    Thanks Barbel. :)

Another essay will indeed be dropping soon...

Haven't seen either CR '67 or CR '54 but don't think I'm missing out on too much with avoiding those particular films...

"The spectre of defeat..."

CR-67 is a available on the internet: https://ok.ru/video/535897901720
    I guess it may not be a joy to watch, but perhaps it's a patriotic duty?
    The subheading of the Of Topic Chat area is "The place to talk about absolutely anything you like (within reason!)"
    That's funny, since I don't think reason has limited the content of The Off topic Chats in any significant way. :))