The Silencer & Black Garter

1306307308309310312»

Comments

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent

things got boring round here with neither Imaginary Conversations nor Naughty Book Covers to keep us entertained

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,568Chief of Staff

Good to see you Mr Barbel, things have been awfully dull around here...Now you're on this, I hope we're going to have some gratuitous sex and violence! ☺️

YNWA 97
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent

Not while I'm polishing the bar and wiping the pump levers it won't M! (With due respect.)

Who wants an afternoon tipple?

[There is a loud crashing noise.] FREDDIE! GET OFF THE BEER GARDEN TABLE! THAT 'STINGER' PARASOL IS NOT A TOY!!

Sorry for the shouting folks. That damn cat does not take after his mother. Which remonds me, I have an outside tuna that needs sawing up for Holly's lunch. 🙄

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

Welcome back, @Barbel. You've not missed much, just the "announcement" of Bond actor number 7. 😉

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent

Nice to have you back, Barbel. Hopefully you got a good rest in a country famous for being relaxed and fun. 😊

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,317Chief of Staff

Thanks, everyone, it's good to be back.

[Thunderbird 2 checks on thr A.R.S.E and C.H.E.E.K.S and fills Holly and Freddie's bowls.

Proceeds to wipe down tables and notices Barbel's guitar sat next to 'Thane Castle' a table with Scottish landmarks. He opens a small cupboard, producing a bottle of Talisker and two whisky tumblers, which he places carefully on the table.]

Thats better!

I see Barbel stayed away until St. Patrick'Day was over. Probably for the best of the rumours about what went on here are true....

The usual, and that means none of the green Coke.

St Patrick's Day is Ireland, not Scotland. Not that some here wouldn't use it as an excuse for drinking.

edited March 20

I concur.

Both as a fellow Scot, and also as the barman who has to keep order! The only green thing around here (besides the A.R.S.E's cylon eye when he is working on something,) is the large model of my aircraft namesake on the bookshelves in the Mods area!

Though olive green is a colour I am fond of too.

I know (even though it seems to be everywhere people like beer). That's why an old Scottish man would avoid it! 😁

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

That's a given. I'd say the majority of people who celebrate St Patrick's Day aren't Irish at all and therein lies a certain irony. "An excuse for a booze up" as my late uncle once said.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Ah, its like all those who claim to be fans of Manchester United. - Usually they are from other places on the planet!

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent

Who needs an excuse for a drink? I’ve sent a case of Tanduay Double Rum to your fine establishment TB2, so pour everyone a drink on me and of course yourself, esteemed landlord.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Ooh I never say no to a good rum! Delivery stashed safely and Thank You CHB!

Rum all round folks! 🍷

(TB2 clears and wipes four tables, puts away three trays of clean glasses, changes a beer keg, wipes the specials board.

After a pause, He reluctantly puts a new battery in the A.R.S.E, treating the wall mounted AI with delicate care. A.R.S.E. displaus a large thumbs up on its screen. TB2 repeats this process with C.H.E.E.K.S, but she giggles in a playful excited way, causinf TB2 to glow red. This awkwardness concludes with a luscious 'Thank You!' from her.

TB2 dusts the portrait of the Vauxhaul building. Hearing growling noises outside, he fills Holly's bowl with minced beef, and puts it next to her water dish. Looking ad Freddie's dish he mutters about bad behaviour and makes sure its 1/4 filled.

TB2 then scoots over to the members area, he wipes down the Mods leather armchairs, fills the nibbles bowls and plops a log on the fire.

Walking behind the bar, he pours himself a Fentimans Raspberryade, writes a reminder note to call Grandfather Q about supplies. Then looks round the empty pub...

Holly slinks in the Alsation sized cat flap gently waving her tail and makes a bee line to her bowl. TB2 frowns as the A.R.S.E sweeps the room with its Cylon eye. The only sounds are the 'tic toc of the clock, Holly gently munching through her dinner, and the quiet roar of the fire.)

Where is everyone?

You know where I've been, TB2- deep in the Imaginary Conversations and Quote Conversation threads, zapping spambots, general duties, and enjoying the Comic Strip and Interview threads. My name's all over those!

True Barbel,

but Ibwas meaning in relation to the Pub!

I'm back on regular bar duty, but no one has been in. I am plotting a subject for your imaginary conversations thread though.

edited April 7

Hi! I was just watching a news piece about the Lebanese national skiing team. Their hearts are in the right place, but just now I'd like a glass of Coke Zero. 😊

Coke Zero it is 24

Large glass as always. I think I'l have a Wonkas special eddition fuge mallow drinking chocolate. (The Coke glass and cocoa mug are placed on the bar.)

Thanks! 😋