The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

I'll take one of your finest foaming flagons of ale, stout yeoman of the bar! 🍺

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent

The usual, barkeeper.

We usually don't talk politics in here, but I think we can make one exception. It happened in a small community in the far north of Norway, well north of the Arctic Circle. The mayor felt they had to close a small local school and partially close another. The debate got very heated when one of the supporters of the schools said something in Sami, a language the mayor doesn't understand, and he said it three times. Since then the mayor has suffered from sleeping problems and infections in the ear, throat, eyes and sinues. Now the mayor believes his opponent used Sami magic and put him in a gand (cursed him). Now the mayor considers reporting the other politician to the police for ganding! Who says politics has to be boring?

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent

Ok a flaming Dragon tankard of Ale...

these things are bloddy heavy Sil!

(there is a loud clatter as the tankard lands of the bar)

and a Large coke Zero for you 24.

Which reminds me, have you tried Fentimans Curiosity Cola? Its my favourite. (As you can see by the empty bottle here!)

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

No, never. I haven't even heard of it before.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

Yes, I've had that Cola before. Very nice but expensive. πŸ™‚

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Aha, but there is the point!

Fentimans make their Fizzy drinks properly.

Their Cherry cola uses real cherry juice.

Their Orange Jigfer uses actual Orange juice.

Etc.... Its not like that muck made by Pepsi... or the other one... Sorry 24!

edited March 8

🀬😲😬!!!

One more Coca Muck Zero please . πŸ‘

This one is on the house. Also as an apology.

There are a lot of beverages that go in both directions! 😁

edited March 8

To be honest a small bottle of cold Coca Cola is much nicer (and cheaper). Fentimans has just too much of a taste of the raw Kola nut for me. And the less said about Pepsi the better. Oh dear, I'm beginning to sound like that Coke addict Rishi Sunak...

What's wrong with being a Coca Cola addict? ..... I'm .... just asking for a friend. 😏

Proof at last. The claims that British politicians don't have opinions or beliefs or they're always wrong are clearly wrong.

Mr Sunak is certainly right about Coke being the best of the lot. Mexican Coke does sound intriguing. I'll have to contact the Head of Station M to see if he can send me over a few crates of the stuff in exchange for some crates of Portemo, our local delicacy.

Mexican Coke does sound illegal.

I should clarify, I don't have an issue with ordinary Coke per sae. Ita the use of Asperatine in the diet colas I have an issue with.

One of the reasons I love Fentimans is the herbal aspects. True traditional fizzy drinks.

Who wants what to drink?

Coke Zero, please. πŸ˜‹

I believe that Aspartame is in pretty much all of those fizzy drinks as an artificial sweetener. As you say, one of the benefits of Fentimans is the use of more natural ingredients.

Exactly Sil. Fentimans use Stevia, a natural plant sweetner that lacks the calories, and does not wallop the taste.

Here's your Coke Zero 24.

(Pint glass is placed on the bar.)

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff

Aspartame is pretty safe…you’d have to drink about 500 cans a day for it to have a negative effect on your health…and if you are drinking THAT many, I think you’d have other issues first 😏😊🀣

YNWA 97

Yes, I've heard that the health scares surrounding it are rubbish. Good to know.

I do hope you are right M (Good to see you by the way.) In the past I have drunk enough Diet Coke to float one of No 24's impressively huge Norweigan cargo ships!

In other news, I have finally posted my comments on NTTD. Who wants what to drink?

And nice to see you too 🍸

I am right about that stuff…it’s gets a bad reputation, and while it’s not exactly good for you - you will have to drink ridiculous amounts for it to impact your health.

YNWA 97
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent

I’m back in Cebu after a six-week vacation to England. Drinks all round, please, barman 🍻

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Drinks All Round it is CHB,

just watch out for these new 'Weeble' tumblers.

They never fall over, but tend to 'slosh' a bit!

I hope you had a good visit…apart from the crappy weather that is 😡‍πŸ’«

YNWA 97

Welcome and thanks for the refreshing Coke Zero, CHB. I hope you've enjoyed the world famous British food and weather! πŸ™‚

Good to see you back, @CoolHandBond. I hope you got the chance to peruse a few classic English second hand bookshops while you were over! 😊

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent

@Thunderbird 2 Thank you for your sterling service, TB2 🍻

@Sir Miles It was a great trip, bloody cold though πŸ˜‚

@Number24 Had some lovely meals including one at my favourite fish and chip restaurant 😁

@Silhouette Man My planned visit to some secondhand bookshops was unfortunately curtailed by unforeseen circumstances, but I will be back in the not too distant future, hopefully.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff

Hello everyone, back from my necessary break. Had a good time, but glad to be back here.