The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,307Chief of Staff
    So now you can watch all the Bond films without distraction, TP! :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    This must be a joke, The England football squad to star in a remake of
    " Escape to victory " :))
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/386426/World-Cup-flops-Hollywood
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I guess if they use the current England players, the Allies will lose this time around!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,689MI6 Agent
    Well escaping from victory sounds right enough for the England team this World Cup! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Yes they managed to grab defeat from the jaws of victory. :# :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,562Chief of Staff
    Yes they managed to grab defeat from the jaws of victory. :# :D

It's been a while since the England team even had a remote chance of victory...
    YNWA 97
    Suarez has now apologised for his bite on Chiellini - that was the first thing Barcelona demanded from him before they buy him...
    YNWA 97
    Yes I heard a discussion on the radio and if I heard correctly
    The sum mentioned for Liverpool to sell him was £80 million
    Or up to that. Amazing money !
    Yes I heard a discussion on the radio and if I heard correctly
    The sum mentioned for Liverpool to sell him was £80 million
    Or up to that. Amazing money !

I believe that's around the sum of money needed for a foreign team to buy him...it's £100m for another EPL team to buy him...but I do believe the apology was the first step to him leaving for Barcelona...I will be sad to see him leave.
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Suarez has now apologised for his bite on Chiellini - that was the first thing Barcelona demanded from him before they buy him...

It's debateable whether or not he's actually admitted to intentionally biting Chiellini though: "...the truth is that my colleague Giorgio Chiellini suffered the physical result of a bite in the collision he suffered with me. For this I deeply regret what occurred. I apologise to Giorgio Chiellini and the entire football family. I vow to the public that there will never again be another incident like this."

His previous statements had claimed "...in no way it happened how you have described, as a bite or intent to bite...After the impact I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent. At that moment I hit my face against the player, leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth.”

So I guess he repays Liverpool for the fantastic support the organisation and supporters have given him over the past two troubled seasons by angling for a transfer to Spain. Yes, Liverpool will walk away with something in the region of GBP80m, but he and his agent will likely get a 10-20% cut of the transfer fee so it's hard to see how Suarez has done anything other than stab the team and some of the best supporters in the world in the back for their allegiance.

I think he's still in denial. He's still claiming it was an open-mouthed collision but at least he has admitted some responsibility for his actions even if he has stopped short of actually admitting intent.
    I'm sure you will, sadly as many have said. " a flawed genius ". I'm guessing
    He's going to be a very hard act to replace. As a matter of interest ( and not wanting
    to cause any friction ) the strapping he wears on his hands, does he also bite himself,
    Out of excitement or compulsion.
    As That I can understand as If my hair grows long enough, I start twisting it in knots
    and pulling it out, by the roots. Can't stop it, so I keep my hair short.
    Trichotillomania. ;) I've done it since childhood. :))
    I would have to agree that both Luis Suarez and TP are flawed geniuses.
    At last my great intellect is getting some recognition :p :))
    Sir Miles wrote:

It's debateable whether or not he's actually admitted to intentionally biting Chiellini though: "...the truth is that my colleague Giorgio Chiellini suffered the physical result of a bite in the collision he suffered with me. For this I deeply regret what occurred. I apologise to Giorgio Chiellini and the entire football family. I vow to the public that there will never again be another incident like this."

His previous statements had claimed "...in no way it happened how you have described, as a bite or intent to bite...After the impact I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent. At that moment I hit my face against the player, leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth.”

So I guess he repays Liverpool for the fantastic support the organisation and supporters have given him over the past two troubled seasons by angling for a transfer to Spain. Yes, Liverpool will walk away with something in the region of GBP80m, but he and his agent will likely get a 10-20% cut of the transfer fee so it's hard to see how Suarez has done anything other than stab the team and some of the best supporters in the world in the back for their allegiance.

I think he's still in denial. He's still claiming it was an open-mouthed collision but at least he has admitted some responsibility for his actions even if he has stopped short of actually admitting intent.

I very much doubt that either he or his agent will pocket anywhere near that amount from Liverpool...the rule is 8-12 % unless a transfer is asked for - he will be made to ask for one, or there will be a clause in the contract that states no part of the fee will be payable to either player or agent should the transfer fee clause be triggered...and to be fair to him (probably overly so ) but he has always done his best on the pitch - as his workrate and goals show...
    YNWA 97
    As a matter of interest ( and not wanting
    to cause any friction ) the strapping he wears on his hands, does he also bite himself,
    Out of excitement or compulsion.

It's just a wrist support - he hurt his wrist playing for Uruguay a while back, he's used one ever since.
    YNWA 97
    Thanks, just me being a bit of armchair Psychiatris. :))
    ( it's not like me to get it wrong ............. Again ! :)) )
    Thanks, just me being a bit of armchair Psychiatris. :))
    ( it's not like me to get it wrong ............. Again ! :)) )

Yea, it is interesting to read what people see into the simplest things :))
    YNWA 97
    Well I am " one of the simplest things " myself. :))
    Watching the news, I couldn't believe that in the US state of Georgia. They
    Have passed a gun law so you can openly carry a gun or rifle into a bar,
    Library or any other public building. 8-)
    Now I'm not an anti-gun person, for hunting and sports they're fine ( I have
    A few friends who are hunters ) but walking around with a gun on your hip
    like a western. I can't help but think in a bar, fuelled up on beer, instead of a
    Fight, there'll be a shootout ! :#
    I've always brought my Walther into the S&BS and you've never told me to stop, TP.
    Ah, but you're not a "nut job" Domino ! ( well not compared to the rest
    Of the clientele ) :))
    (knocks door)
    Hello, there.... Open soon?
    Ah!, speaking of the usual clientele :))
    Serve this nut job a large coffee please, landlord- and none of your decaff either, I have Stuff To Do today. :)
    So you need to be full of Beans today. :D
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Evening, landlord! Went the day well?

Hmm, how did that Barbel get on with all that Stuff he had To Do today, I wonder? :D

I had a nice walk through London today between meetings. Warmest day of the year and lots of pretty ladies out and about and people enjoying themselves. A Good To Be Alive day. -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Yes, a bit of sunshine helps raise the spirit. {[]
    I think today was going to be a long day for Barbel and the band. As
    Today was the photoshoot for the album cover. So I'm guessing , you're
    Talking hours in make up, followed by hours in Photoshop. :)) :p
    I wonder do ladies know the effect they have on blokes ?, I was distracted by a
    Couple today ( in very, very short shorts ! ) while I walked the dog. Behind me was
    Trail of destruction, as I'd walked over picnic blankets, and toys........... :))
    We're miles away from the cover shoot yet! Recording has just started- it will be months before we're at that stage!!!

Last two album covers below:

BEST_LAID_PLANS_POSTER.jpg
    Although I notice there is one thing missing from the covers, which I
    Think would help. One of those " Parental Advisory " stickers. ;) It
    Would go a long way to giving you that " Bad boy " image. :D
    I'm touched that you think the word "boy" is in any way appropriate.... :#