The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I agree with TDE, it's all about the silly challenges and the
    banter between the three boys. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33164073/chris-evans-top-gear-must-have-a-female-presenter
    Chris Evans says Top Gear needs a female presenter ! So I guess that'll be Jodie Kidd then. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I'll give it a go, but I can't imagine that I'll become a regular viewer. I'm not a fan of Chris Evans and the appeal of Top Gear for the past decade or so has been more about the presenters and their adventures and antics than any hard automotive information. In fact, the majority of people that I know who love TG would never watch a motoring programme. I just can't imagine Evans and any possible co-presenters winning many people over.

Exactly.

Unfortunately the BBC seem to kid themselves that people who watch TG do so for the cars. As has been mentioned on here, if people are interested in cars the last thing they do is watch TG!!

It's also shown that other , proper, car shows really don't attract the viewers. We watch it as a family. That's a middle aged woman, middle aged man and an 18 years old girl ... Quite a broad demographic.

Between Chris Evans with TG and Damien Lewis becoming the next James Bond ( :D ) ... The Gingers are coming !!!! :o
    It's a summers evening over here and I've opened a bottle of
    Kopparberg, strawberry & lime, cider .......... It's very nice. ;)
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    It's been a lovely Day today -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Yes, I got a load of washing done. ;) that should get me in
    The Wife's good books. :))
    Keeping your Head down?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Well the nights young, but if I play my cards right . :))
    I see there might be a bit of a spat beginning between Clarkson
    and Evans. ;) from what I'm reading about the new presenters
    and ideas, the new Top Gear is going to be a Car Crash ! :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Watching a recent Conspiracy programme. It showed a huge secret base the
    Nazis built in Norway ( I think ) which could hold 60,000 troops and equipment !
    Which I think shows that these sort of places ( Blofeld's famous Volcano base)
    is based on a grain of truth, and shouldn't be totally thought of as absurd. ;)

I've never heard of this (then again, it was secret..... :v ) There were about 340 000 German soldiers in Norway at the end of the year and the allies feared they might make a final stand there after Germany capitulated.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,605Chief of Staff
    and Evans. ;)

Really ? I haven't seen that anywhere...they've always been good mates...
    YNWA 97
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    and Evans. ;)

Really ? I haven't seen that anywhere...they've always been good mates...

Or it could be like all of the rags and mags who claim that Camilla hates Kate and keeps trying to get her into trouble with the Queen (according to the covers I see when queuing in the supermarket, that is! ;% ). Could be true, but just sounds like a bunch of semi-journos sitting around a table full of beer in a corner pub saying "Right, what sh*t shall we stir up now?"
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Apparently the BBC did ask Clarkson to come back according to the rag that is The Sun.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Could be, but sort of taking a guys job, can cause a bit of resentment. ;)
    No matter how friendly they once were. :D but for us fans of the original
    Show, it will be fun to watch the new version crash and burn ;) I predict
    Good viewing figures for the first couple of shows, as people tune in to
    See what it's like. Then the slide as viewers look for something else.
    Of course I could be wrong but, I don't think so. :D
    Could be, but sort of taking a guys job, can cause a bit of resentment. ;)
    No matter how friendly they once were. :D but for us fans of the original
    Show, it will be fun to watch the new version crash and burn ;) I predict
    Good viewing figures for the first couple of shows, as people tune in to
    See what it's like. Then the slide as viewers look for something else.
    Of course I could be wrong but, I don't think so. :D

Nope...Evans & Clarkson remain firm friends - and Evans was out with Hammond a few days ago...plus Evans & Clarkson did a film for TFI Friday...haven't seen any evidence of a spat between the pair....
    The Evans-led Top Gear will be similar in some respects but will be its 'own' show...there is no way Evans can replicate the Top Gear of old - and I think he knows this...
    YNWA 97
    The media, stirring the pot, again. I guess.
    The media, stirring the pot, again. I guess.

Like I said...I haven't seen any media stories that claim they have fallen out ?:)
    YNWA 97
    I think it was in the Mirror on line ? Could have been a bit of
    "Leg pulling" between them, which they decided to spin as
    An argument.
    Evans said something about Clarkson being ask to come back to
    The BBC , was the voices in his head ? Although I suppose that
    Might be part of the banter between them. :)
    June 28, is the last of the original Top Gear shows. So get a couple of
    Drinks in and enjoy the end of an era. ;)
    Clarkson probably was asked 'unofficially' by some BBC type if he would return and once he confirmed 'no' they announced Evans. He has a three year deal so they were just making sure before they committed.

I think it was a bit crass of Clarkson to say about the BBC offer especially as Evans is supposed to be a friend.
    Hell hath no fury, than a TV presentor's ego, :))
    And Clarkson has a spectacular ego :))
    Lady Rose wrote:
    And Clarkson has a spectacular ego :))

My Mates Dad met Clarkson a few Years ago, and he told me that he was rather grumpy.
    Strange, He comes across on the telly as a very shy, unassuming, very PC, kind of guy. :v :))
    With the recent Bullcrap story about Roger, Sean and Pierce making a new
    Film together, I have a couple of suggestions.
    " Last of the summer wine". And " Top Gear: The Movie". ;)
    Clarkson. = Connery
    May. = Moore
    Hammond = Brosnan
    How about a Film based on the SABS? :))
    How about a Film based on the SABS? :))

Bad hygiene, animal cruelty, alcoholism, bad language, unneccesery violence, the music played ...... it's hardly family viewing, is it? :o
    :D I can't see the BBFC giving it a Certificate.
    Number 24 wrote :
    " .......... it's hardly family viewing, is it?"

I think that depends on the family ! ;)
    You're right. I don't see any problems with showing it in Northern Ireland. :)