The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm opening the whisky tonight, so many Pros and Cons, Rankings and
    Worst / Meritless threads. :# Misery overload. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    I'm opening the whisky tonight, so many Pros and Cons, Rankings and
    Worst / Meritless threads. :# Misery overload. :))

How do you rank the whisky you are drinking?
    What are the pros and cons of adding water, ice or a mixer?
    And what is the worst whisky you have tried?
    :D
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    I can't remember ..... I drink to forget ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Sad to hear tonight that Garrison Keillor, is to retire. :# I love his
    Radio variety show and his wonderful stories about his home town
    Lake Wobegon. :))
    To me they're a piece of old Americana. BBC radio 4 extra played the
    Show.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Today the sun was shining roughly half the day and yesterday it was sunny ALL DAY!!! :D B-) :D B-)
    It reminded me a bit of that summer thing, really :007)
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    I have a vague memory of what sun is. I live in Manchester England so all I really know is drizzle :(
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    I know the feeling only too well. This has been a shitty summer :#
    That is why I have come into this pub, to get away from the drizzle. While I am here I will order a pina colada and pretend I am on a beach somewhere hot -{
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    Yesterday over here in N.Ireland it was summer, real shorts and sun glasses
    Weather. :) Today it's winter again, hasn't stopped raining all day, and it's
    Even cold. :# I may have to turn on the central heating tonight. :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    We are having a heatwave in August though by all accounts.... 8-)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    What day in August ? :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    edited July 2015
    What day in August ? :))

The Northern Ireland Annual Summer will take place on Tuesday 11th August 2015 at 12.35 pm - 2.30 pm. Don't forget to bring your bucket and spade! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    :)) Sounds about right. :D
    Am I getting old or were Summers better and longer years ago ? ;)
    :)) Sounds about right. :D
    Am I getting old or were Summers better and longer years ago ? ;)

I believe they were but sadly they were starting to peter out by the time I arrived on the scene. Last year was a lot better summer than this year anyhow.
    I can remember summers, when I'd leave the house in the morning
    and not be home until tea time that night. Grass so dry we'd make slides
    On the hillside, sitting on a piece of cardboard as a sled. :D
    Bloody hell !, I'd better start buying some Werther's Originals. :))
    You can have one of my Werthers originals TP -{
    Got a couple of mugs of cocoa if you're interested.
    Now where are my fur lined slippers the ones with holes in - slippers are not made to last nowadays, not like in my day - I could go outside run round the block and they would still be as good as new....... etc etc :)
    ;)
    A cup of cocoa and put on 633 squadron, a great night in. :))
    Ah yes 633 Squadron with Cliff Robertson -{
    Its The Boys From Brazil tonight for me starring Gregory Peck, before my cocoa :)
    {[] another great film, with Bond alumni Walter Gotell. -{
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,360Chief of Staff
    Lovely weather this morning, Bride Of Barbel and I were out working in the garden... then the rain started. Bleedin' typical.
    Barbel wrote:
    Lovely weather this morning, Bride Of Barbel and I were out working in the garden... then the rain started. Bleedin' typical.

"Welcome to Scotland." :))
    Yup! :)) :)) :))

Oh well, time for brekky- I'll have the usual, landlord, an Ulster fry minus the chips. :)
    Barbel wrote:
    Yup! :)) :)) :))

Oh well, time for brekky- I'll have the usual, landlord, an Ulster fry minus the chips. :)

If it's any consolation NI has exactly the same crap weather! :)) -{
    Hey, it's dry this morning. ..... So the rain cannot be far away ! :))
    Hey, it's dry this morning. ..... So the rain cannot be far away ! :))

It's not dry where I am. There's a mizzle on. :))
    It's funny some expressions must be world wide, as I heard on a documentary
    about Italy or France . The same expression we use here about the Mourne Mts.
    " If you can see the Mountains it's about to rain. If you can't see the Mountains
    It's because it's Raining !" :D
    That got me thinking about a mountain I drove post only yesterday. It has the best name : Utåla (roughly translated "The one that cannot be endured"). It sits above a lake and over the centuries avalanches have killed over a hundred people out of a small local population. About two hundred years ago an avalanche coming from that mountain wiped out a whole wedding party sitting in a boat. What a stunningly evocative name.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    It has the best name : Utåla (roughly translated "The one that cannot be endured").

There are a number of people who I am from now on going to call Utåla.
    :))
    Number24 wrote:
    Utåla (roughly translated "The one that cannot be endured").

To quote Jack Wade, sounds like my first marriage...