Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    No, just the occasional Mauve Monday ;)
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    just ordered my Jacket today , couldn't resist 30% off and free delivery.
    here's hoping DC wears his TF one in bond24 :007)
    thanks M

No worries, its a really usable and nice quality (for the bargain price) jacket...

Teamed mine up with black slim jeans, white shirt, JS black merino, grey scarf and black levis hobcap boots. Good look Ive been told ! :))

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    DC doesnt pull this off does he

DCCEA90A-F362-4303-B2C0-D674D0C55E18_zpsayijaqrd.jpg

No, but if it fit him it would look fantastic. It's a really nice outfit except for the atrocious fit.

This was for Joan Collins birthday they all dressed like Dynasty characters of the 80's/90's
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

No, but if it fit him it would look fantastic. It's a really nice outfit except for the atrocious fit.

This was for Joan Collins birthday they all dressed like Dynasty characters of the 80's/90's

In the 80s and 90s men wore a size too large, not a size too small
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

"The name's Magoo. Mister Magoo."

:s
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    It seems to me that DC struggles to dress well when he's not being advised by a stylist.

I disagree - whenever I've seen him in casual wear (jeans, boots, cardigans etc etc), I've always thought he looks fairly decent tbh.
    Hi, The Mango jacket was a great find. It was my contact at Aston Martin who clocked the jacket. I have also bought the Mango jacket 30% off with code 5BLACK4 bargain! :D
    Blair you are a legend mate. I wish I had the brass to model in public while the shops are open. You are our clothing mole. keep them coming! :)) -{

I popped back to Tom Ford this morning, and took a few photos of the jacket without the shearling collar on:

IMG_9417_zpsdb1673a9.jpg

IMG_9414_zps6137f79b.jpg

And also went into Mango to check out their version, which, I must say, for £59.99 is an absolute steal:

IMG_9408_zps1963ffc9.jpg

IMG_9411_zps748f0336.jpg

IMG_9410_zps80953fe5.jpg

IMG_9412_zps0f0be2dc.jpg

IMG_9409_zps40447b25.jpg

For the record, the Mango jacket was a size medium, and fitted well. I'm normally a 48 in Tom Ford, a medium in the Barbour, and a medium in the Levi's Menlo.

Hope that this helps.

Blair
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    Oh the folks in TF London took the pics! They love the whole Bond thing. I was in today to pick up my QoS suit, altered for the 2nd time, and they gave me a free atomiser for my Tuscan Leather EDT display as my old one was knackered (I lnow, the diamond shoes are pinching). They could not have been more accommodating. I did hear a rumour that this next film could be DC's last, and if so, the TF link would be severed. I thought that DC had signed up for at least 1 or 2 more. Any comments, guys? Also, the bomber jacket has sold out. At least here in the UK. No more news on TF wardrobe, unfortunately.

Over and out.

Blair
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    Oh the folks in TF London took the pics! They love the whole Bond thing. I was in today to pick up my QoS suit, altered for the 2nd time, and they gave me a free atomiser for my Tuscan Leather EDT display as my old one was knackered (I lnow, the diamond shoes are pinching). They could not have been more accommodating. I did hear a rumour that this next film could be DC's last, and if so, the TF link would be severed. I thought that DC had signed up for at least 1 or 2 more. Any comments, guys? Also, the bomber jacket has sold out. At least here in the UK. No more news on TF wardrobe, unfortunately.

Over and out.

Blair

He signed up for two more after Skyfall, so I'd be surprised if this was the last TF collaboration (unless another company is lobbying hard to take over - e.g. Brioni, Gucci, Boss, etc...).
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I also heard he had signed up for two more after Skyfall etc however I guess nowadays that means nothing and I guess nothing confirmed by EON themselves.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Found online with regards to another 2 films

"MI6 is confirming the new contract for Craig, but points out there’s a precedent for Bond actors dropping their commitment early – as happened with both Connery and Timothy Dalton. Moreover, EON Productions heads are said to have enjoyed the non-aggressive production timeline for the 23rd Bond film, resulting from a prolonged break between Quantum of Solace and Skyfall (as a result of MGM’s financial woes). That could mean the studio will be less inclined to adhere to a rigid two-year break between installments from hereon out – and, if an extended delay were to occur, it could encourage Craig to walk away prematurely after just one more Bond film."
  • 007 and a half007 and a half LondonPosts: 595MI6 Agent
    Ens007 wrote:
    It seems to me that DC struggles to dress well when he's not being advised by a stylist.

I disagree - whenever I've seen him in casual wear (jeans, boots, cardigans etc etc), I've always thought he looks fairly decent tbh.

Do you think he looks fairly decent in these photos?

He looks awful in my opinion.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Ens007 wrote:

Do you think he looks fairly decent in these photos?

He looks awful in my opinion.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

other then those tacky suspenders, I would say he looks awful just because his face looks haggard and tired, just bad pics.
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    BLU8 wrote:

Absolutely agree with you, particularly the grey shawl cardigan photo.

In the 4 x photos that 007 and a half has posted above, I see nothing wrong with what he's wearing in the 1st & 3rd photos either tbh?! Then again we all have different tastes & styles we like.

I am only referring to his dress sense & general attire ... not whether he facially looks like he's had a solid night on the booze etc. DC seems to cop a fair bit of stick regarding his looks, which personally I find a tad tiresome to read, but hey ho I guess.
  • OSS117OSS117 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    image.jpg
    We could at least agree on that : DC and Rachel Weisz look much better on screen than in real life . :)) :))
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    I managed to track down an alternative one from mango , pretty pleased with my purchase.
    Didn't even know DC followed my trend :))

heres the link http://shop.mango.com/GB/p0/men/clothing/cardigans-and-sweaters/cardigans/cable-knit-wool-cardigan/
    Ens007 wrote:
    BLU8 wrote:

In the 4 x photos that 007 and a half has posted above, I see nothing wrong with what he's wearing in the 1st & 3rd photos either tbh?! Then again we all have different tastes & styles we like.

I am only referring to his dress sense & general attire ... not whether he facially looks like he's had a solid night on the booze etc. DC seems to cop a fair bit of stick regarding his looks, which personally I find a tad tiresome to read, but hey ho I guess.
    007 reporting for duty
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Now Target seems to be getting in the act. Saw this today on sale for $35...

image.jpg
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    Now Target seems to be getting in the act. Saw this today on sale for $35...

image.jpg

Here's the link at Target's website, choice of Navy (not sold in stores) or Charcoal Heather

http://www.target.com/p/men-s-fur-collar-bomber-jacket/-/A-16394009
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I think this a look for this season as I've recently seen a couple of other similar items recently. Someone likely showed something at a fashion show and everyone jumped on the bandwagon.
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    Ens007 wrote:
    BLU8 wrote:

Yeah I agree.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he often dresses 'poorly' in the hopes that he won't get noticed in public, but can't find a source on that at the moment.

I think like most of us, he just has days where he wakes up and only feels like throwing on a random assortment of things, with mixed results. It's called being human for christ sake. Judging his ability to dress as a whole based on selected unflattering photos is rather daft.
  • UmpireUmpire Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    I bought the Mango Jacket. It was $60.00 US shipped and I must say it is worth every penny's! Great craftsmanship and the fit is great (size L, 5-11 200lbs.). Whether or not that Danny wears it in the movie it is still a great find.......
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    Just as an fyi, some of Tom Ford's outerwear is made by Lardini. So you might want to check them out to see if they have their own branded outerwear (much cheaper than TF).
  • FlightyFlighty Southampton , EnglandPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    Just seen a nice Bomber jacket in Zara with a fake fur collar, nicely tailored. http://m.zara.com/uk/en/man/jackets/look-leather/grey-jacket-c527506p2222050.html
    Last rat standing.
    Seen one in Burberry too. Guess popular design this winter
    Then again they are prob out every winter, nobody pays attention since not Bond until now
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Just a heads up for anyone going for the Mango version , mine arrived but was quite surprised on the fit.
    It states a Medium is a 41" chest which is my size , too tight.
    Gone for a large , pics to follow when exchange arrives.

Any of you guys going for one , I suggest a size up. :D
    007 reporting for duty
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    edited December 2014
    There are Spectre photos: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2874348/Daniel-Craig-James-Bond-mode-flies-Thames-speed-boat-Rory-Kinnear.html

He's wearing a classic charcoal chesterfield coat with a fly front and velvet collar and a navy scarf. His suit is a grey narrow pinstripe and the sky blue shirt has a spread collar. The coat fits well but I hope the suit does too. The spread collar is certainly an improvement over the tab collars in Skyfall.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Thanks for the summary Matt.

For a min there when I saw the pic where he is off the boat, I thought might have been a tab collar!!