Sam Smith to sing title song for Bond 24?

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:

I saw that today in the paper.

I hope not. Don't get the fuss about Sam Smith at all.

Totally overhyped IMO.

Still, there will be lots of these stories in the coming weeks 8-)
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Me and TP can do a Duet -{ Maybe get AS to produce it?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I heard a radio report on Austria for filming Bond and the Eurovision contest, and saying
    Conchita Wurst had been tipped as the singer of the theme song, although I think that has
    more to do with " Rise Like A Phoenix " sounding like a Bond theme.
    http://youtu.be/8fvLtTRzdHw
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    A big "NO" to this idea.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    So that's "nil pois " from the UK jury. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    So that's "nil pois " from the UK jury. :))

Indeed. I'd still give him minus points though, if that is allowed? :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Have to admit I really like the song ( haven't watch the Eurovision in years )
    I miss Terry Wogan taking the P*ss out of it. :))
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Whatever happened to the official announcement that Adele was signed up to do the theme song yet again? Silly season indeed. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Whatever happened to the official announcement that Adele was signed up to do the theme song yet again? Silly season indeed. . .

Indeed, as you say that seems to have been all too conveniently forgotten...and August is of course the height of the silly season in the news.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,582Chief of Staff
    Have to admit I really like the song ( haven't watch the Eurovision in years )
    I miss Terry Wogan taking the P*ss out of it. :))

You should watch it...Graham Norton is just as wicked :))
    YNWA 97
    Hardyboy wrote:

Apparently 'they can't wait forever for her' was the response given in the paper...but she still has plenty of time to write and record one !
    I read the piece in the paper - sounded like news for news sake....or an agents desperate attempts to get some free publicity..... 8-)
    YNWA 97
    ^ Well it is August after all and "news for news' sake" is the theme of the thing. :)
    I think there would be a hell of a lot of pressure on Adele.
    Skyfall was such a big hit and won so many awards, it's
    Going to be tough to follow up. {[] I know if I was her I'd
    Pass. :))
    I've heard whom ever gets the gig, they have to sing the theme song
    While spinning a hula hoop around their waist, over the opening titles. :))
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/entertainment/a/24723778/sam-smith-baffled-by-bond-theme-rumours/

Sam Smith says he's baffled by rumours of him doing the Bond theme.
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/entertainment/a/24723778/sam-smith-baffled-by-bond-theme-rumours/

Sam Smith says he's baffled by rumours of him doing the Bond theme.

And I'm equally baffled as to why anyone would want him to do the next Bond theme! :))
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Smith says his favorite Bond theme tune is "Another Way to Die" from QOS.

That alone should be enough to disqualify him from doing the theme song. Forever.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/news/bond-24-theme-is-news-to-smith-30508879.html
    :)) :)) :)) Agreed {[]
    Gala Brand wrote:

That alone should be enough to disqualify him from doing the theme song. Forever.

Nope...he has my vote now :D
    YNWA 97
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    With all due respect M,

Thank you, and Goodnight! :p
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    I'd much prefer George Ezra to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHrLPs3_1Fs
    My moneys still on Susan Boyle ! :D
    My moneys still on Susan Boyle ! :D

Hey, don't give them any ideas! :))
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Wasn't Adele supposed to sing for Bond 24?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,334Chief of Staff
    See post 12 above.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:

Nope...he has my vote now :D
    Good thing mine cancels yours out, then. :))
    I'd say it was the only Bond film he could name. :))
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I'd say it was the only Bond film he could name. :))

Yep! That's the only possible explanation, right?
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/rihanna-in-the-running-for-new-bond-theme-30625909.html

Another story about Rihanna doing the Bond theme, apparently she's a fan -{
    I wonder if she posts here ? And who she posts as ? ;)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited September 2014
    sigh, TP blew my cover now :)) :)) :))

As for Rihanna being a fan of someone/something:
    Prior to the worldcup final, she made a big story about being a fan for Germany and posted the following pic:

rihanna-germany-photoshop_large.jpg?w=650&h=649

problem is, that she previously that way posed for Netherlands:
    Brzpd6iCYAEbyuQ.jpg
    Brazil:
    bildschirmfotoh45z6cfmw7.png
    and the USA:
    bildschirmfotovyoewinz0r.png
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!