Anything Good on TV ?

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
On the Penny Dreadful thread some have mentioned other good TV shows
We might like to check out, as they didn't want to hijack the thread. Why not
Post here any views on good ( or bad) Programmes or series, worth watching. :D

Anyone see The Flash this week on sky, I thought it a little simplistic in its story
May have worked better as a 90 minute introduction movie rather than a One
Hour show. Although I'll watch it a few more times before making a decision. :)

It would be great to find out what might be worth watching ?
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Didn't catch The Flash (he went too fast). I'm really enjoying Gotham, though.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I've heard good things about Gotham, must catch it on
    4oD.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    You seen Boardwalk Empire?? Been meaning to get the 5th season
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    White Collar returns for its final season this Thursday.
    Haven't seen Broadwalk Empire or white collar. Are they any good?
    What are they about ? Mind you I've never watched Breaking Bad either. :))
    Crikey - can't comment on White Collar but you def should see Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad lol
    :)) You're not the first to tell me that. :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,414Chief of Staff
    The Walking Dead is probably the best show on TV for me at the moment....I also really like Peaky Blinders...can't praise either show highly enough...
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    at are they about ?  Mind you I've never watched Breaking Bad either. 

Nor Games of Thrones?

We're in the same boat the, TP! :)) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Walking Dead, The Wire and now Penny Dreadful is on my list.

Game of Thrones has been and gone in my house for now, the mrs was a big fan however I avoided it as I'm sick of anything gladiator / warrior etc.
    I too have never watched GOT or Spartacus. Swords and Sandals
    Aren't my bag baby ! :D although my interest was roused when my
    Daughter told me they were full of sex scenes ! :o ( so I might check
    Them out ) :))
    In fact according to the now TV box someone did watch about 20 minutes of
    Game of Thrones, but No one is owning up to it ! :))
    I too have never watched GOT or Spartacus. Swords and Sandals
    Aren't my bag baby ! :D although my interest was roused when my
    Daughter told me they were full of sex scenes ! :o ( so I might check
    Them out ) :))

I think when I saw bits of GOT the sex scenes was incest lol
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Don't drop the Baby (Whoops!) on BBC3 :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    The Walking Dead is probably the best show on TV for me at the moment....I also really like Peaky Blinders...can't praise either show highly enough...

I've been totally hooked on The Walking Dead since the very beginning. So far the 5th season has been great. -{
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Peaky Blinders is great, shame it is almost the end of the season :#
    Sir Miles wrote:

I've been totally hooked on The Walking Dead since the very beginning. So far the 5th season has been great. -{

Same for me...Darabont has done a tremendous job - although I save the season up and watch them over a couple of days...
    YNWA 97
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Peaky Blinders is great, shame it is almost the end of the season :#

As with The Walking Dead - I save this series up and watch them back-to-back -{

I'm looking forward to the return of 'Elementary' next week - although I watch these when they are on...
    YNWA 97
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Same for me...Darabont has done a tremendous job - although I save the season up and watch them over a couple of days...

I agree Darabont got the series off to a great start. And although he didn't stick with the show (for various reasons), it's still going strong.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    On bbc1 " Life Story" usual top notch BBC wildlife programme. -{
    Wonderful photography ( looks fantastic in HD) with the brilliant
    Narration of David Attenborough :x .
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Enjoying THE MISSING, despite not being a fan of James Nesitt's usually self-reverential acting style.

LEGENDS with Sean Bean has been cracking stuff, a clever twist on that style of US show. And great to see Bean as the lead.

And ELEMENTARY's back next week. :)
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Enjoying THE MISSING, despite not being a fan of James Nesitt's usually self-reverential acting style.

LEGENDS with Sean Bean has been cracking stuff, a clever twist on that style of US show. And great to see Bean as the lead.

And ELEMENTARY's back next week. :)

The Missing is brilliant... very good.

Looking fwd to Elementary, but I've been enjoying Australian Master chef (so much better than the UK version) and just started Portrait Artist of the year over on Sky Arts...

Also enjoying my usual contenders....Blue Bloods and Grey's Anatomy :D
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/10/evil-dead-tv-series-starring-bruce-campbell-coming-to-starz
    Don't know if this will be any good but The Evil Dead is getting a TV show, with Bruce Campbell. ;)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/10/evil-dead-tv-series-starring-bruce-campbell-coming-to-starz
    Don't know if this will be any good but The Evil Dead is getting a TV show, with Bruce Campbell. ;)

Is his chin the evil villain of the piece? :)) -{

9780312291457.jpg
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    :)) Yes, Bruce " King of the B movie " Campbell. ;)
    edited November 2014
    :)) Yes, Bruce " King of the B movie " Campbell. ;)

Indeed, the same! I've often seen that book cover in Easons. Not one you forget quickly... :))

You could literally hide a whole Trojan horse underneath that chin! :p
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    My favourite show is 'The Good Wife'.

Consistently good writing and excellent turns from all involved.
    The Hairy Bikers on Channel 4 earlier were rather funny :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Elementary starts tonight again at 21:00. On Sky. ;)
    It's a Shame we don't get Sky, we have one of the Freeview TV's that come with BBC3, Dave, etc.