Anything Good on TV ?

1798081828385»

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff

@Napoleon Plural Thanks or letting me know about The Dropout…it will be interesting to see how close they stick to the truth 🤔

YNWA 97
  • HarryCanyonHarryCanyon Posts: 198MI6 Agent

THE DROPOUT is excellent. I can't speak to the veracity of it but the acting is top notch. Amanda Seyfried won many awards for her performance.

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent

I watched the first episode of Slow Horses - it was excellent and Gary Oldman is superb, as always. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters

Oldman is superb in that. In the book Mick Herron described Jackson Lamb's appearance as being like the actor Timothy Spall gone to seed, so naturally I always pictured Spall in my mind while reading the books. Oldman has changed all that, though. I also think that the TV series has got better series by series, just like I felt that Herron's novels got better book by book until I felt they peaked with the fourth book, Spook Street. I am hopeful that the fourth series of Slow Horses on TV will live up to my great memories of reading that novel.

Thanks for the confirmation that the series is worth watching @Golrush007 I haven’t read the books so I’m coming into the story cold.

• HarryCanyonHarryCanyon Posts: 198MI6 Agent

SLOW HORSES is fantastic. All three seasons released so far have been massively entertaining.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent

Oh, where do I see that?

Tonight (Thursday)! For UK viewers, on Film 4 at 9pm, there is the odd where's-this-going Pig with Nicolas Cage. Very quirky, not quite a 'thriller' - oh, see what you make of it. I recommend it.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Top Gun: Maverick has its UK premiere on Saturday, I think it's Channel 4 or Film4 but check.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,253MI6 Agent

I started watching RED EYE on ITV. It's about a medic caught up in a political cat-and-mouse charade. I thought it quite enterprising, although I wasn't sure the legal statements were correct and the plot holes regarding security at airports were risible. I guess one just ahs to forget oversights such as this these days.

Also CIVILISATION is being repeated on BBC4.

Well, the first three episodes of Civilisation were on, now they're all on iPlayer.

This Week! Premiere Saturday 27th April, 10:10pm #CharlesDance #PhyllisLogan in GOLDENEYE (1989). The life and times of the man who created James Bond, Ian Fleming.

From TPTV Twitter account.

Roger Moore 1927-2017

I’ve just finished the third season of Slow Horses. What a brilliant series, so far. Gary Oldman’s imperious portrayal of the dishevelled boss of a unit of (sometimes unfairly) rejected MI5 agents is captivating. I can’t wait for season 4 later this year. Highly recommended.