(Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    eric7064 wrote:
    https://youtu.be/2S36EaQkPQA

This should be the version.

She doesn't have good diction. But she shows that the song is better with a woman. It's really not a bad song.
    I think this confirms what I've written before: this song sounds much better sung by a woman. When Sam Smith sings it he sounds weak and soppy. When she sings it she sounds strong and emotional. Life is unfair, but that's how it sounds to me :#
  • AbelAbel DenmarkPosts: 354MI6 Agent
    I must agree..
    Even though I think he's trying to sound like a girl.
    But you would sound like a girl to if..
    "the writing on his ball's "
    like he sings... :))
    You left this with Ferrara, I believe
  • bryno92bryno92 Wisconsin, USAPosts: 46MI6 Agent
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emwzflvr1lw

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but this song by Lana Del Rey was rejected as the Bond theme over Sam Smith's apparently. Her song is so much better! Hopefully they pull a Tomorrow Never Dies move and switch Sam's song to the end credits. I'm still super pissed at how little effort he put into the song X-(
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    bryno92 wrote:

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but this song by Lana Del Rey was rejected as the Bond theme over Sam Smith's apparently. Her song is so much better! Hopefully they pull a Tomorrow Never Dies move and switch Sam's song to the end credits. I'm still super pissed at how little effort he put into the song X-(

Has this been confirmed that it's a rejected Bond theme? I think Sam Smith's song is better than this.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • bryno92bryno92 Wisconsin, USAPosts: 46MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    bryno92 wrote:

Has this been confirmed that it's a rejected Bond theme? I think Sam Smith's song is better than this.
    I'm not too sure, I've seen it on several websites and people on Reddit talking about it. Here's a quote from a user on Reddit...

"It's a piece of news that's being passed around online quite a bit:
    http://www.inquisitr.com/2431691/lana-del-reys-honeymoon-includes-passed-over-james-bond-spectre-track/
    http://nypost.com/2015/09/18/the-5-best-tracks-on-lana-del-reys-new-album/
    "Several rumors have suggested that Lana Del Rey was in the running to contribute the theme to the new Bond movie, “Spectre.” If that was the case, the cinematic “24” must have been the song in question. “There’s only 24 hours in a day/And half of those, you lay awake/With thought of murder and carnage,” she croons, seemingly from the perspective of the archetypal Bond girl. He may have gotten the job, but it’s going to be hard for Sam Smith to top this."

Here's a link to the discussion I found

https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/3mf9bg/lana_del_reys_24_was_the_perfect_bond_theme_song/
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Interesting the music video teaser has five flag draped coffins, similar to what we saw in Skyfall.

Wow, Smith looks like a Zombie there....
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Her version sounds so much better... They have to do something about the title track.. It's not fair to the Bond Legacy and Bond Fans
    Number24 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    eric7064 wrote:
    https://youtu.be/2S36EaQkPQA

This should be the version.

She doesn't have good diction. But she shows that the song is better with a woman. It's really not a bad song.
    I think this confirms what I've written before: this song sounds much better sung by a woman. When Sam Smith sings it he sounds weak and soppy. When she sings it she sounds strong and emotional. Life is unfair, but that's how it sounds to me :#
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,675Chief of Staff
    Matt S wrote:
    bryno92 wrote:

Eon only wanted Sam Smith for the theme...that doesn't stop others trying though...
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I must be one of the few, who prefer Sam Smith's song over Lana del ray's.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Penfold HeartPenfold Heart Posts: 159MI6 Agent
    Heard this last night...

Love the music, I think it would make a great instrumental.

However, Sam Smith?...No...He can sing, but on this he somehow sounds terrible.

The combination does not work for me i'm afraid.
  • WonderueWonderue Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Any track on the new Lana Del Rey album could do as a theme song for Spectre. The Sam Smith song is terrible. Another way to Die was a brilliant theme song. The Chris Cornell song was atrocious. That's my 5 cents.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    bryno92 wrote:

Eon only wanted Sam Smith for the theme...that doesn't stop others trying though...

But was she actually trying to write a Bond theme?
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Are there any submissions out there that are actually called "Spectre"?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Matt S wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

A 'Bond-esque' tune or specifically for SPECTRE ?

No idea...haven't heard it...can't stand her music...but IF it was for SPECTRE then it was always doomed to failure.
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

No idea...haven't heard it...can't stand her music...but IF it was for SPECTRE then it was always doomed to failure.

I meant if she was writing a potential tune for Spectre. I listened to it and it was terrible. Maybe her voice is better for a Bond theme, but the song itself was worse.
    Matt S wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

I meant if she was writing a potential tune for Spectre. I listened to it and it was terrible. Maybe her voice is better for a Bond theme, but the song itself was worse.

Short answer = don't know.

I only know Eon wanted Sam Smith - if he wanted it, the gig was his.
    YNWA 97
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    bryno92 wrote:
    Hopefully they pull a Tomorrow Never Dies move and switch Sam's song to the end credits

Except they got it wrong with Tomorrow Never Dies. They put the better song, k.d. lang's "Surrender", at the end!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    SPECTRE CD Soundtrack now available to pre-order on Amazon UK. Some great high definition pics too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015EZU1QS?redirect=true&ref_=s9_newr_co_d28_g15_i4
    As the producers had heard Sam Smith, knew his " sound" and style.
    I have to assume, that's the sound they were looking for, for the theme. ;)
    Even many of his detractors, have said the song ( when sung by others)
    Actually sounds very good.
    So from where I stand Sam, wrote a good song, performed it the way the
    Producers wanted, looks to be supplying the Bond series with it's first UK
    #1, can't see what else was expected of him. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Then this abortion got to No1 as well :s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzqSOO6B_Fw
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    As the producers had heard Sam Smith, knew his " sound" and style.
    I have to assume, that's the sound they were looking for, for the theme. ;)
    Even many of his detractors, have said the song ( when sung by others)
    Actually sounds very good.
    So from where I stand Sam, wrote a good song, performed it the way the
    Producers wanted, looks to be supplying the Bond series with it's first UK
    #1, can't see what else was expected of him. :D

All good points. EON certainly know what they're doing. They know Sam Smith is "hot" at the moment and is able to attract new audiences. I still don't like the song , the arrangement, or his voice much, but, hey, that's only me. EON can't please everybody all the time. Just somebody all the time, or everybody some time.
    :)) To be honest, so long as they please ME!, that's all I worry about. :))
    bryno92 wrote:
    Hopefully they pull a Tomorrow Never Dies move and switch Sam's song to the end credits

Except they got it wrong with Tomorrow Never Dies. They put the better song, k.d. lang's "Surrender", at the end!

Many think that way. Am I the only one who likes Sheryl Crow's (a lot) better? I might be...
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    bryno92 wrote:

Many think that way. Am I the only one who likes Sheryl Crow's (a lot) better? I might be...

You're probably not alone. I like both songs, but I like "Surrender" more. For me it harkens back to the Connery era (it figures, right?), and k.d. lang has such a crisp, clear, brassy voice that I think it's a better fit for a Bond theme.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    I like both songs, but I like "Surrender" more. For me it harkens back to the Connery era (it figures, right?), and k.d. lang has such a crisp, clear, brassy voice that I think it's a better fit for a Bond theme.

I too prefer the k.d. Lang song, but I'm not a hater of Sheryl's tune, as seems to be the norm :# TND's soundtrack is a rich one, as it also has the Moby Bond theme on it.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Virgil37 wrote:

You're probably not alone. I like both songs, but I like "Surrender" more. For me it harkens back to the Connery era (it figures, right?), and k.d. lang has such a crisp, clear, brassy voice that I think it's a better fit for a Bond theme.

I like both too, but Sheryl Crow's is actually one of my favourite Bond songs ever. I just love it, and it too has a Connery era vibe to it, with that spy guitar and those strings....But we digress...now we have Sam's 8-)
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    I much prefer Sheryl Crow's song, love the lyrics, "martinis, girls, and guns, is murder on our love affair, you bet your life every night, while you chase the morning light"
    I much prefer Sheryl Crow's song, love the lyrics, "martinis, girls, and guns, is murder on our love affair, you bet your life every night, while you chase the morning light"

"You're not the only spy out there". I love her vocal delivery too, and she doesn't even use falsetto ;-). Excellent song, excellent recording.
    edited October 2015
    Virgil37 wrote:

"You're not the only spy out there". I love her vocal delivery too, and she doesn't even use falsetto ;-). Excellent song, excellent recording.

Though I think the KD Lang song is the best Bond song since Barry left, I've come to appreciate Sheryl Crow's song more than I used to. The lyrics are a little cheesier than usual for a Bond theme, and it doesn't have the classic Bond sound that Lang's song has, it's still a good song.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34425299
    Official, Sam Smith is number One. :007) Bond history made. -{