(Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Comments

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Also, like someone else said earlier I quite liked "Another way to die" by Jack White & Alicia Keys.. It was definitely the best Bond theme since GoldenEye,

Sir Miles? Is that you? :D
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,568Chief of Staff
    Also, like someone else said earlier I quite liked "Another way to die" by Jack White & Alicia Keys.. It was definitely the best Bond theme since GoldenEye,

Sir Miles? Is that you? :D

Probably...but it's FAR better than Goldeneye :D
    YNWA 97
  • Catching BulletsCatching Bullets Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    I am wondering if the theme tune may put the cat amongst the John Glen pigeons this time round?
    Mark O'Connell | Author, Writer, Bond Fan

facebook.com/catchingbullets
    www.markoconnell.co.uk
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Noel Gallagher has said that he would write a James Bond movie theme "in a heartbeat". The former Oasis star told N-TV that the song "would be great", but claimed he isn't a big enough star for the job.

Noel Gallagher would record James Bond: Spectre theme "in a heartbeat"
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a636410/noel-gallagher-would-record-james-bond-spectre-theme-in-a-heartbeat.html#~p7ntQrMYZRF4G8
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,568Chief of Staff
    Moore Than wrote:
    Noel Gallagher has said that he would write a James Bond movie theme "in a heartbeat". The former Oasis star told N-TV that the song "would be great", but claimed he isn't a big enough star for the job.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a636410/noel-gallagher-would-record-james-bond-spectre-theme-in-a-heartbeat.html#~p7ntQrMYZRF4G8

Just read that in the paper...I'd love to hear what he'd come up with...
    YNWA 97
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    I think given his own high standards and natural talent he would come up with something very special..
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    I would to hear Noel Gallagher's attempt at a Bond theme!!
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
  • Oddjob's HatOddjob's Hat United Kingdom Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    I've been beaten to it! I was just about to post about Noely G... I would love Noel Gallagher to write the new Bond theme, it'd be mint! B-)
    Do you expect me to talk?
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Adele again please. She could be the modern day Shirley Bassey.

Shirley Bassey is capable of pronouncing words correctly. Adele is not.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Jarvio wrote:

Doesn't matter. Adele still sounds mighty good singing Skyfall! ;)
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    1+
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Jarvio wrote:

It matters to me. I find it extremely noticeable and it effects the whole listen for me
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

Jarvio wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

It matters to me. I find it extremely noticeable and it effects the whole listen for me

I probably should have said it doesn't matter to me, but I guess I thought that was evident since I was merely expressing my own opinion. My bad!
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Am I the only one who liked Chris Cornell's "You Know My Name?"

It had a hard edge but was still very melodic and the lyrics made sense. After GF it may be my second favorite Bond theme.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I loved it too {[] great song! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Moore Than wrote:

Just read that in the paper...I'd love to hear what he'd come up with...

I too would love to hear this. He'd probably just rip off LIVE & LET DIE, but as rip-offs go it'd be a good one.
    What makes you think he would rip off LALD?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    I'd be interested in hearing a Muse bond theme ("Supremacy" might be as close as we get) and I think Arctic Monkeys would be a very cool choice too.
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
    Gala Brand wrote:

It had a hard edge but was still very melodic and the lyrics made sense. After GF it may be my second favorite Bond theme.

You are certainly not alone. I think "You Know My Name" is a great Bond theme song, and it fits Craig's Bond perfectly! {[]
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    For the fun of it, I wrote a concept demo for what I would like Spectre to be like.

I also sung it acapella (note: i am not a good singer)
    heres the link:
    http://picosong.com/VYnc/

But it would have kind of a grungey guitar/bass with piano and a stormy feel with some rock elements. But when it gets to the bridge and chorus, it'll get all bright energetic and orchestral with trumpets, flair and all.

I could flesh this out to a full song and produce it, but I'm not sure if the demand would be worth like 10+ hours of my time.

But here's the lyrics:

It's like a phantom riding beside me
    Gently reminding me
    The toll taken on my mind
    All the years that went by
    The ones that shaped me
    The ones that scarred me
    The ones I remember...
    The ones I remember...

And they're looming in front of me
    Hanging above me

Like a Spectre!!
    Like a Spectre!!
    Ooooh. With you, girl, beside me.
    Ooooh. Hold me gently
    Bring some sense to me
    Her ghost haunts desperately
    Like a Spectre!!
    Like a Spectre!!
    Ooooh. Terror and tragedy
    Ooooh. Serve her majesty
    Like a Spectre!!
    Like a Spectre!!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:

You are certainly not alone. I think "You Know My Name" is a great Bond theme song, and it fits Craig's Bond perfectly! {[]

I like it too. It helps that David Arnold wrote it so he could also work it into the score.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent

I'm being a bit facetious on this one. There's tongue in cheek criticism that Gallagher has constantly ripped off The Beatles (along with The Who & Slade) for many of Oasis' hits. It seems reasonable to suppose he'd carry on copying McCartney's stylings. :)
    Far have I travelled and many I have killed
    A master of espionage, of which I am skilled
    A Long lost secret, a spectre of the grave
    Oh ! The life and the times of
    a double "O" these days !

( inspired by, Mull of Kintyre ). :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    BIG TAM wrote:

I'm being a bit facetious on this one. There's tongue in cheek criticism that Gallagher has constantly ripped off The Beatles (along with The Who & Slade) for many of Oasis' hits. It seems reasonable to suppose he'd carry on copying McCartney's stylings. :)

Cheers for clearing that up {[]
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Noel has probably hit the nail on the head though in saying he is not a big enough star. 20 odd years to late, do people really care for Oasis nowadays? Great in their day etc....

Then again I guess I'm wrong - Madonna wangled it but I guess her name still powerful
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Fame and Success is what really killed Oasis in the End.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    edited March 2015
    I would say their era of music moved on but they never did and their music got worse as they were still knocking out the same style (but more bloated). I guess they were a straight forward guitar band playing the same stuff unlike some bands from the same era who adapted / reinvented themselves e.g. Radiohead
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • SirDerekBondSirDerekBond Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    I do remember all those nice songs titles, some where not easy at the beginning but got use to it. But if we could get back to something a little glamour with sensuality, I would put my guess on Céline Dion, it really comparable to Shirley Bassy and Adele if it not better. She would really suprise us. ;)
    So when are we likely to hear the themesong? How long before SF's film-release did we hear the themesong?