1

Topic: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

If there's one legacy I'll leave to the James Bond fanbase, it's a series of enjoyable, and at times funny, discussions from my loving friends at AJB007.  We talk about the faults of the movies, but more importantly, we talk about the many strengths of the films, which have made each of them a part of the world's biggest film series.  And, here's the master list.

01 DR. NO (1962, Connery)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45444/pro … ons-dr-no/
02 FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE (1963, Connery)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/44839/pro … with-love/
03 GOLDFINGER (1964, Connery)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45547/pro … oldfinger/
04 THUNDERBALL (1965, Connery)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45309/pro … underball/
05 YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE (1967, Connery)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/44867/pro … ive-twice/
06 ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE (1969, Lazenby)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/44902/pro … t-service/
07 DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER (1971, Connery)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45310/pro … e-forever/
08 LIVE AND LET DIE (1973, Moore)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/44855/pro … d-let-die/
09 THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN (1974, Moore)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45260/pro … olden-gun/
10 THE SPY WHO LOVED ME (1977, Moore)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45420/pro … -loved-me/
11 MOONRAKER (1979, Moore)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45490/pro … moonraker/
12 FOR YOUR EYES ONLY (1981, Moore)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45784/pro … eyes-only/
13 OCTOPUSSY (1983, Moore)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45587/pro … octopussy/
14 A VIEW TO A KILL (1985, Moore)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/44811/pro … to-a-kill/
15 THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS (1987, Dalton)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/44851/pro … daylights/
16 LICENSE TO KILL (1989, Dalton)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45498/pro … e-to-kill/
17 GOLDENEYE (1995, Brosnan)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/44922/pro … goldeneye/
18 TOMORROW NEVER DIES (1997, Brosnan)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45328/pro … ever-dies/
19 THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH (1999, Brosnan)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45133/pro … ot-enough/
20 DIE ANOTHER DAY (2002, Brosnan)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45226/pro … other-day/
21 CASINO ROYALE (2006, Craig)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45832/pro … yale-2006/
22 QUANTUM OF SOLACE (2008, Craig)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45878/pro … of-solace/
23 SKYFALL (2012, Craig)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/39471/sky … sspoilers/
24 SPECTRE (2015, Craig)
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/779476/
THE BOND ACTORS
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45907/pro … ond-actor/

Last edited by Absolutely_Cart (25th Oct 2015 20:37)

2

Re: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

Yes, quite an achievement for a relatively new member. Well done.  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

3

Re: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

Agreed, AC has put some Effort into these  ajb007/smile

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

4

Re: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

Much as I've tended to nitpick on details, I want to say that this has been an enjoyable series and I salute AC for his efforts and would like to say "Thank You"  ajb007/cheers

And if it's worth anything.... there IS no "best film in the series" as far as I'm concerned.  ajb007/biggrin

5

Re: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

But a " best Composer"  ajb007/shifty

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

6

Re: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

Higgins wrote:

But a " best Composer"  ajb007/shifty

Of course!


http://s21.postimg.cc/n8hjwkdxv/aa_old_man.jpg

7

Re: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

Barbel wrote:
Higgins wrote:

But a " best Composer"  ajb007/shifty

Of course!


http://s21.postimg.cc/n8hjwkdxv/aa_old_man.jpg

I think we nearly all agree on that!  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

8

Re: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

Higgins must have forgot.

Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007) is probably the best movie from the entire series  ajb007/biggrin

Instagram - bondclothes007

9

Re: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

Not sure, I thought that the best movie from the entire series would probably be "Pros and Cons"

Last edited by Higgins (19th Jun 2015 19:50)

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

10

Re: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

Silhouette Man wrote:

I think we nearly all agree on that!  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

You haven't heard me playing the flute  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

11

Re: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

Higgins wrote:
Silhouette Man wrote:

I think we nearly all agree on that!  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

You haven't heard me playing the flute  ajb007/biggrin

True. That might change my mind.  ajb007/biggrin

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

12

Re: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

Higgins wrote:

But a " best Composer"  ajb007/shifty

welshboy78 wrote:

Higgins must have forgot.

Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007) is probably the best movie from the entire series  ajb007/biggrin

Barbel wrote:

Much as I've tended to nitpick on details, I want to say that this has been an enjoyable series and I salute AC for his efforts and would like to say "Thank You"  ajb007/cheers

And if it's worth anything.... there IS no "best film in the series" as far as I'm concerned.  ajb007/biggrin

Silhouette Man wrote:

Yes, quite an achievement for a relatively new member. Well done.  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

AlphaOmegaSin wrote:

Agreed, AC has put some Effort into these  ajb007/smile

I love you all.

13

Re: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

Silhouette Man wrote:
Barbel wrote:
Higgins wrote:

But a " best Composer"  ajb007/shifty

Of course!


http://s21.postimg.cc/n8hjwkdxv/aa_old_man.jpg

I think we nearly all agree on that!  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

ajb007/cheers Indeed we can

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

14

Re: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

John Barry wins and it's not a fair fight.  Lol.

15

Re: Pros and Cons: Compendium (50 years of James Bond 007)

I added SPECTRE to the compendium.