Do you think the Quantum organisation will be involved?

The big thing with SPECTRE was that it was a large powerful group with countless members, connections to governments and all that classic evil organisation stuff.

But with modern Bond we already have a similar group with Quantum. So what are they going to do? Ditch Quantum altogether? Incorporate them into SPECTRE? Have SPECTRE refer to something entirely different than what it originally was?

What do you guys think?
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig. This sig loves you.

Comments

• hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    edited December 2014
    What would QUANTUM deal with. They already have a department for executions etc.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • McmadnessMcmadness Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    I was having a discussion on a Facebook grouo about this and we came up with two theories: Get rid of Quantum altogether, or the organisation could be made into a department of SPECTRE.

If it is a department of SPECTRE then that really makes me wonder how massive the organisation is. Especially with Mr White's ''We have people everywhere!'' schtick.
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    An idea I heard on an episode of James Bond Radio which I really like is:

At the start of the film, Bond goes back on the hunt for Quantum but at the same time, SPECTRE are also trying to get rid of Quantum as they see them as a threat.
    The film then ends with Quantum eliminated, Spectre free to dominate and Bond's targets changed ahead of Bond 25.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
  • TakeTheBloodyShotTakeTheBloodyShot Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the actor who plays Mr. White is in this film...so I'd suggest maybe.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I've wondered if the filmmakers are going to resurrect Richard Maibaum's original idea for The Spy Who Loved Me of a group of radical young people breaking into SPECTRE headquarters, assassinating Blofeld and the rest of the original crew, and starting their own new version of the organization. This time, of course, it will be Blofeld who infiltrates Quantum, kills off the leadership, and forms SPECTRE.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] I'd love to see that. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Yes me too -{ Shame that we never got that :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    According to IMDB, Jesper Christensen is appearing as Mr. White once again, so clearly there's some sort of connection between the two organizations. I'm glad Mr. White will be back; he vanished rather abruptly in QoS after the dust-up at the opera.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    It's good to see the return of an old nemesis, isn't it Loeffs.... :D ;)
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    There is that famous end to QOS meeting up with Guy Haines, which
    Apart from a few stills, no one has seen, which might be used as part
    Of the PTS ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • McmadnessMcmadness Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    I'm glad Mr White is coming back. He was a good villain even if he didn't have much screen time.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    I also welcome the return of Mister White. One of the first thoughts I had was "What about Quantum?" when the title of the film was announced. It did not make much sense to bring back SPECTRE when there remained unresolved issues regarding Quantum. So I am pleased it looks like it is being addressed, hopefully to a satisfying conclusion.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the actor who plays Mr. White is in this film...so I'd suggest maybe.

Confirmed - this link is the filmography page on Mr Christensen's official website. Entry No 3....

http://www.jesperchristensen.dk/side.asp?side=4
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    I've wondered if the filmmakers are going to resurrect Richard Maibaum's original idea for The Spy Who Loved Me of a group of radical young people breaking into SPECTRE headquarters, assassinating Blofeld and the rest of the original crew, and starting their own new version of the organization. This time, of course, it will be Blofeld who infiltrates Quantum, kills off the leadership, and forms SPECTRE.

I would like to see something like this too in the way you have suggested. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Yes. QUANTUM will be involved.
  • VoxIsMyCowboyVoxIsMyCowboy Posts: 47MI6 Agent
    Quantum is probably just another name for SPECTRE or a part of it. With the build that Quantum was given in QoS, I can't really see it being two different organisations. A fairly low ranking member of Quantum of M's bodyguard, so that shows the influence they have.
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    Quantum is the more older, more subtle shadow group hidden within holding companies, banks, and political parties - SPECTRE was initially its branch of armed enforcers, now cut loose.
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    It all sounds good to me. Glad to see Mr. White back in the fold. Mr. White is one of the top Bond villains IMO....and there's still much that could be done with him. It was pretty apparent in QOS that White saw the writing on the wall at the opera and was making his getaway in a very every man for themselves manner. I always wondered whether it was Bond or Quantum who killed Greene in QOS (Mr. White being very careful to tie up loose ends). I still have this off the wall gut feeling that Mr. White and Bond may end up working together as uneasy allies in SPECTRE or at some point White is liquidated by the folks who form SPECTRE.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    It's good to see the return of an old nemesis, isn't it Loeffs.... :D ;)

Indeed. :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    I would like to see Paul Ritter's Guy Haines character return as well (whispering "Hail SPECTRE" into another character's ear {:) ).
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'
  • JimatayJimatay Posts: 126MI6 Agent
    I had a thought this morning, what if Mr White IS Blofeld and the name Mr White is a code name?

That could be the twist of the film, that Bond and MI6 were so close to finding out his true identity in QOS but obviously he escaped. Christoph Waltz could be the main antagonist for the film, but at the end we're left with this new discovery that White is Blofeld and that leads on to Craig's last Bond in Bond 25. Ties it up nicely eh? If that's not the case, they should hire me as a writer B-)
    Or,
    Mr White is really the cat ? And we'll see him sitting on Blofeld's lap
    Being gently stroked ! ;) :p
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    It has to be involved if Mr. White is involved.

can't wait
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    I hope Quantum's fate is answered in Spectre. If not just in the opening credits or a line from Bond to M that they finished them off before Skyfall.
    "Better late than never."
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Complete Speculation on my part:

I suspect that Quantum has some sort of internal coup de tat and becomes Spectre. - Which may have been the intention all along. Spectre has always been bold, in your face and direct in its activities and aims when holding the world to ransom in the films. - Even if it is more subtle in the lead up to how it gets there. Whereas Quantum is much more behind the scenes, quiet infiltration, wheels within wheels, working inside governments and organisations. I can see Blofeld getting fed up with Quantum's more democratic delicate long term approach to things and forcing a regime and policy change, with him in control.

Of course it could be more battle of the criminal corporations, with Bond and MI6 caught in the middle, or forced to pick a side. For instance, what if it became a case of the enemy of my enemy - with MI6 forced to work with Quantum against Spectre? Either way, here's hoping the Quantum storyline is either continued in a satisfactory way, or resolved.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • The Living DaylightsThe Living Daylights Solving a murder mystery.Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    I definitely think that 'Quantum' wasn't an organization to begin with. It was just a group of people working for SPECTRE who called themselves 'Quantum', to different themselves from their main superiors. SPECTRE were probably the ones who took out Dominic Greene for revealing some information to Bond. What he probably didn't tell him was that 'Quantum' was actually SPECTRE. That's my theory anyway. :))
    Favourite Bonds: TIMOTHY DALTON and DANIEL CRAIG
    Favourite Bond films: QUANTUM OF SOLACE, SKYFALL and THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS
    Welcome TLD, -{ your theory is as good as anyone else's. :D {[]
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    I did wonder whether the scripting would be as tied in as we all hope, ie no Quantum resolution....

But with Mr White casted then hopefully it will

All good theories, but which will it be ???

I think TLD may be right
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    That's a pretty good theory, TLD. When White said, "We have people everywhere" we never did find out who "we" was.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    That's a pretty good theory, TLD. When White said, "We have people everywhere" we never did find out who "we" was.

I think he was meaning, "we" - as in Quantum.

I do think they will tie in Quantum and SPECTRE... but it might not be as simple as TLD's explanation.

I guess we will just have to wait and see....
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony