Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Is that the 50 shades dude? Think we discussed this before and was a diff jacket (there was a straight on full pic of the jacket)

I think it's Henry Cavill. Looks like there's a watermark on the pic with his name.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Is that the 50 shades dude? Think we discussed this before and was a diff jacket (there was a straight on full pic of the jacket)

I think it's Henry Cavill. Looks like there's a watermark on the pic with his name.
    Yeah its Henry Cavill not Jamie Dornan.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Whoops my bad :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    Is this the JV jacket?
    image.png

I'd say it is the JV jacket. Is Cavill trying to strengthen his bid to be the next Bond or he is a just a fan of the clothing?
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    edited September 2018
    A year ago we learned that the Matchless Craig Blouson was basically a copy of the John Varvatos Split Seam jacket, just in a lighter color.

John_Varvatos_Split_Seam_Leather_Jacket_05.jpg

I've been searching for this jacket unsuccessfully for over a year. I much prefer its color and collar hooks to the Matchless version.

A few days after seeing Spectre I saw the Martian and saw Matt Damon's character Mark Watley, wearing what I am sure is the JV Split Seam Jacket.

Here are some dvd screenshots (sorry no blu ray player):

JV_Split_Seam_Shoulder_Detail_3.png

The jacket seems to be the correct brown suede color. You can clearly see the shoulder seam and one of the collar hooks. Also visible is the lining which I believe matches the lining John Varvatos has used in other jackets.

JV_Split_Seam_Shoulder_and_Hook_Detail.jpg

A better look at the collar, collar hooks, and zipper teeth.

JV_Split_Seam_Back.jpg

A poor look at the back of the jacket. Even so, you can make out the seam running down the center back.

Interesting that the costume designers of both films were drawn to the same rather obscure jacket.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Interesting...when I picked up my JV Racer jacket from the London store I was told that Matt Damon had called in the day before. Apparently he is a big fan of the brand...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    It is interesting, there's a lot of similar jackets, I noticed some time ago Ryan Reynolds outfit in the by advert where he's hanging on to the helicopter is very similar to bonds sp London outfit with a blue suede racer type jacket, that one could be the Ted Baker item.
    Screenshot_20161118_081532.png

Screenshot_20161118_081544.png
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Been looking for that jacket too but retail on it was about £1800 so don't think there will be to many about
    Ross
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Spectre Morocco Post-Train Outfit vlog now up on youtube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8s6DH5v7V4&feature=youtu.be

morocco_post_train_vlog_icon_001.jpg
    What do you guys think ended up being the most popular or iconic item in the film? For instance both the Barbour and Billy Reid coats have far outlived and gone beyond SF. Four years later and both coats can still be found in other films and shows. Obviously anything Craig's Bond wears becomes popular but was there really anything in SP that shined above the others? Only item I can think of is the N.Peal mock turtleneck.
    I think the Morocco BC jacket look is one that will stick around for a while. Still lots of interest in that one. The TF pts Mexico suit is another.
    canoe2 wrote:
    I think the Morocco BC jacket look is one that will stick around for a while. Still lots of interest in that one. The TF pts Mexico suit is another.
    I was thinking more of a single item opposed to an entire look.
    The jacket then. It's still going strong, while I think interest in the JV from London and the Matchless has sort of died off.
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    I vote for the Tom Ford Solden jacket. It's already been copied by a ton of other manufacturers and there are many alternatives. Certainly my favorite item from the film.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    But did they copy the TF one, or the Moncler original that TF ripped off in that way that they do.. I Read an old article from 2013 were Tom Ford said he didn't like being copied, obviously a case of 'if you can't beat them..' :))
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    What do you guys think ended up being the most popular or iconic item in the film? For instance both the Barbour and Billy Reid coats have far outlived and gone beyond SF. Four years later and both coats can still be found in other films and shows. Obviously anything Craig's Bond wears becomes popular but was there really anything in SP that shined above the others? Only item I can think of is the N.Peal mock turtleneck.

I think we have been preoccupied here with the BC Morocco blazer — because it's been so hard to find and so hard to replicate, not to mention cool-looking —but style wise, it has to be the TF Solden. It's a look that wasn't prominent a few years ago but seems to have caught on. As noted, variants are everywhere now. I have to credit SPECTRE.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Definitely the TF Solden. It's both my favorite outfit in the film and the one that has been copied the most. The Altaussee outfit is next. Turtlenecks, both mock and full, are everywhere this year. Bond's influence is obvious.

As for the rest: I think the Varvatos and Matchless jackets were both fine, but forgettable. With regard to the suits, I loved the funeral suit, but was too distracted by the poor fit of the other suits in the film to enjoy them. The too-short trousers actually made them worse than the Skyfall suits for me. The two buttons on the dinner jacket killed that look. And the BC Morocco outfit might be interesting from a collector's standpoint, but it's pretty bland otherwise.
    Cheverian wrote:

I think we have been preoccupied here with the BC Morocco blazer — because it's been so hard to find and so hard to replicate, not to mention cool-looking —but style wise, it has to be the TF Solden. It's a look that wasn't prominent a few years ago but seems to have caught on. As noted, variants are everywhere now. I have to credit SPECTRE.
    While the BC jacket is certainly a fantastic piece and part of my favorite outfit from the film, outside of the Bond community I haven't seen anything about it. Suit-wise the Rome funeral one is the most standout in the film and Bond wearing a tie bar shirt may have helped bring them back because I see them everywhere now. I agree that its probably the TF Solden jacket, its the jacket Bond's wearing in the first publicity picture and the only one that I've seen being worn by numerous celebrity's.
    I was re-watching Spectre a few evenings ago and wondered if anyone ever figure out the maker of Bond's robe from the scene in his flat? I looked around in this thread, but I didn't see anything conclusive.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    I think meestabawnd confirmed with Jeny that it was a Turkish robe purchased from a marjet or such place in London, so not branded or readily available :(
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    best option is the Browns of London striped robe , not accurate in material or colours really.
    I found it was the best option
    007 reporting for duty
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    I also remember someone confirming that the costume designer said she picked it up in a Turkish market or something like that.

I'm sure Canoe2 will get to it, but I wouldn't be a good IA contributor if I didn't lend him a hand by recommending checking out the options he found:

http://www.iconicalternatives.com/2015/12/21/james-bond-spectre-robe/
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    I was re-watching Spectre a few evenings ago and wondered if anyone ever figure out the maker of Bond's robe from the scene in his flat? I looked around in this thread, but I didn't see anything conclusive.

Thanks for sharing the link, James Brosnan.

I sorta ran with a theory kadd shared originally, that the robe was a vintage Uzbek chapan. I did more research on it that I shared in the article, and it seems to make a lot of sense given the robe's cut, lack of lapels, sleeve length, slightly padded look and especially the pattern. Meesta Bawnd's confirmation from Jeny just confirmed it for me. I don't think the robe itself is a Turkish chapan, since those usually have a very different fabric pattern. But this type of vintage Uzbek chapan could definitely be found in a London market selling all kinds of things from Central Asia. Here is a pic of an Uzbek chapan from 1911:

younguzbekstripeda.jpg?resize=300%2C291&ssl=1

And Bond's

bond-robe-spectre.png?resize=251%2C390

You can find vintage bekasab chapans on ebay all the time and they're not all that expensive; you just have to be patient until a close color match comes along. Here's an example with a starting bid of $20:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UZBEK-TAJIK-AMAZING-VERY-BEAUTIFUL-CHAPAN-ROBE-/122264478040

s-l500.jpg

How did Bond get one? I know they are supposed to be completely different continuities, but I like to think that Craig picked up his robe during his version of the TLD mission:

TLD-Robe-2.jpg

TLD-Robe-3.jpg

TLD-Robe-4.jpg

Maybe Craig's universe's version of Kamran Shah gave it to Bond as way to thank him for his help. For me that theory adds to Bond's personal back story.

By the way: Bond's inspiration for his Morocco look? :v

SPECTRE-Inspiration.jpg
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    I have always thought that if it's a Turkish robe then he picked one up at the Grand Bazaar just before the events in Skyfall and shipped it home :007)
    I have always thought that if it's a Turkish robe then he picked one up at the Grand Bazaar just before the events in Skyfall and shipped it home :007)

Never thought of that! Could also have been something he bought while enjoying death. Maybe at the same thrift shop/stall where he got his "used" leather jacket :D
    Thanks for all of the replies. I kind of like the uniqueness of the item. Makes it feel more authentic. It shows that Craig's Bond may have more eclectic tastes that one would initially suspect.
    Thanks for all of the replies. I kind of like the uniqueness of the item. Makes it feel more authentic. It shows that Craig's Bond may have more eclectic tastes that one would initially suspect.
    yeah that's pretty cool it seems to be of Turkish descent, nice to see little lifestyle bits that show Bond's a well traveled man of the world.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Would of been cool showing him having a coffee or something in these scenes
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    For as long as Spectre is I was disappointed that Bond doesn't drink a whole lot in the film, and the one bar he goes to doesn't serve alcohol. Compared to SF where he goes to no less then three bars.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

It was 9 o'clock at night - man's gotta sleep!